Frank Mir says Fedor never lost his ability, the game just caught up to him as the sport evolved.

Saying Prime Fedor couldn't be champion now is an opinion; maybe it's true maybe it isn't. We'll never know.

Saying Prime Fedor wouldn't easily beat the living hell out of Fedor in 2018 is absurdly stupid.

I sort of agree. Actually, even today's Fedor is still dangerous - he still has the power, and his speed is not half bad. His chin is gone, his gameplan now comprises of reckless headhunting and his stamina is now nearly gone (this, by the way, hasn't been mentioned much - in his recent fights where he fights for more than one round, he can barely catch his breath - a far cry from the Nogiera fight days).
But if he does land a clean punch, even the prime Fedor would stumble - so the danger element still remains.

What's not an opinion is the saying that Fedor did lose a few of his abilities.

Chin/stamina/strategic mindset - he lost in all of those departments by a huge margin and they get exposed more and more with each fight. I'd also argue that his ground game is nearly gone as well - someone said that he doesn't use it much because of the old injuries to his fingers - that means that while he still has the skill in ground game, he no longer has the ability to utilize it.

Point being, Mir is trolling - or rather, trying to sell a fight with a fighter who is way past his prime (much like Mir).

Just because I made fun of you being old as shit doesn't mean you have to sink to my level

Fedor lost his speed. Go back and watch that Crocop fight. Mirko would start to throw a strike and fedor would counter it with his own strike and almost beat him to the punch (both in their primes). When you rely on speed that much and it starts to go it’s going to be your downfall. It worked for him in the past and he has not adapted to deteriorating speed/quickness. The game did not evolve past him - he just has not adapted. Plus some guys age better than others. Plain and simple.

It happens. Look at crocop when he came to the ufc. He was supposed to be hw champ in 2 fights and ended up getting ko’d by the likes of Gonzaga and Schaub. The game evolved fast.

No, he didn't have a ring to cut off and trick guys into eating shots like he did in PRIDE. The cage is terrible for a traditional striker like Cro Cop.

No, he didn't have a ring to cut off and trick guys into eating shots like he did in PRIDE. The cage is terrible for a traditional striker like Cro Cop.

Oh for fuck sakes of all the pathetic excuses I've ever heard

I think Fedor was done in 2006 when he couldn’t enter the GP due to injury and far Wanderli took his place.

I’d favor 2005 Fedor against anyone. Now, I think he’d be hard-pressed to beat Bisping.

Anybody that actually believes that....and there are a LOT of you in this thread....I honestly don't even know what to say to you. If you're that stupid then I've got some tubs of Xyience I'd love to sell you

The sport evolved? 1999 Fedor would beat anyone in the ufc

Yeah and Jack Johnson would beat Anthony Joshua.

...and Babe Ruth would be the best baseball player in the MLB today.

...and those dudes that ran around in leather helmets would crush the players in the NFL today.

Get real.

Fighters that stagnated or didn't change their game with the sport were left behind. Fighters that kept working on improving their game and skillset stayed at the top. Werdum is only 1 year younger than Fedor - fact. Mark Hunt would brutalize Fedor today even though he lost to him early in his career. Why? Because he kept training and working on skills enough to remain relevant. Fedor just stopped training seriously, who's fault is that?

Yeah and Jack Johnson would beat Anthony Joshua.

...and Babe Ruth would be the best baseball player in the MLB today.

...and those dudes that ran around in leather helmets would crush the players in the NFL today.

Get real.

Fighters that stagnated or didn't change their game with the sport were left behind. Fighters that kept working on improving their game and skillset stayed at the top. Werdum is only 1 year younger than Fedor - fact. Mark Hunt would brutalize Fedor today even though he lost to him early in his career. Why? Because he kept training and working on skills enough to remain relevant. Fedor just stopped training seriously, who's fault is that?

What Skills had Hunt gained since the Fedor fight ?

His standup has gone down hill to the point where even Werdum can stand and bang with him for several rounds (Not to mention KO him)

Working on skills to remain relevant ? Hahahahahaha

Working on skills to remain relevant ? Hahahahahaha

That's right, fanboy.

His standup has gone down hill to the point where even Werdum can stand and bang with him for several rounds (Not to mention KO him)

Superior strikers get outstruck by grapplers all the time. It's called MMA. Did Edson Barboza's striking "go down hill" to the point where he got outstruck by a grappler in Khabib? You fuckin clown.

That's right, fanboy.

Superior strikers get outstruck by grapplers all the time. It's called MMA. Did Edson Barboza's striking "go down hill" to the point where he got outstruck by a grappler in Khabib? You fuckin clown.

Lol don't get upset

There's no way in hell that 2005 Hunt would get outstruck by any version of Werdum but 2017 Hunt gets wrecked by Werdum? Yeah right..HUUUUGE improvement

Again tell me at least one area where hunt has evolved from his 2005 version or keep your silence and remain forever schooled

Sport evolved so much, that not so long ago a pro wrestler (Brock Lesnar) with zero mma experience (high school wrestling and GYM training for WWE) came in and took UFC HW belt
#PrimeFedorWouldBeatAnyUfcFighter

Fedor didnt evolve

Went from game plans to rock em sock em robots.

His losses weren't due to losing his speed, power and reflexes.

It was from becoming lazy.

Russian Top Team... Without them he was fucked.

Back