Frank Mir says Fedor never lost his ability, the game just caught up to him as the sport evolved.

i don’t know how anyone can’t tell he’s slipped. You don’t just keep the same ability at that age after being KO’d a few times and taking off a few years.

I don’t think he can handle abuse anymore, can someone put a link up for the Fabio fight? Go watch that and tell me Fedor has the same ability, he died in that fight

Oh, so it was Mitrione's well-rounded skills and super athleticism that meant Fedor lost?

I remember seeing Fedor say he wanted to retire long ago but he felt obligated to his team and didn't want to see people lose jobs. I think he long since lost his desire and is doing it more as a duty than something he wants to do.

He also seemed to fall in love with the KO after Arlovski and just wants to win fights as quickly as possible. His bread and butter was Sambo, submissions and ground and pound and we haven't seen that from him in a long time. I'm guessing he'll stand and brawl with Mir and whoever connects first wins. Sad to see.

Sounds like he's trying to rep Fedor to make his fight with him more meaningful..

Fedor is a shadow of his former self. The dude lost to Maldonado for fck sakes. Regardless how the ''judges'' scored it..

You had the first round 10-7? Because thats the only way Fedor loses. It was a draw.

Mir is really stupid... he talks a lot but the stuff he says is trash

Sounds like he's trying to rep Fedor to make his fight with him more meaningful..

Fedor is a shadow of his former self. The dude lost to Maldonado for fck sakes. Regardless how the ''judges'' scored it..

Hardly lost, if the 1st round was a 10-8 (which it should have been in my eyes) it was a draw.

Minotauro is a lhw in the same way fedor is. See...his identical twin at lhw...oh

Big Nog is taller and has a bigger frame than Little Nog. He was pumped full of steroids as a kid after he was ran down and almost killed by a truck.

Ring v. Cage is huge and underrated in importance to a fighter's performance.

Theres a reason why most highly physical sports generally don't have champions over the age of 35......... and its not because they simply don't "evolve" their game enough to keep up.

From the interviews and documentaries I've see with Fedor, I really get the impression that it's more of a job for him, rather than a true passion. Hard to imagine that when he was at his peak, but I just think he saw it as a way to put food on the table.

So the lacklustre training in recent years doesn't surprise me. I feel like we all care WAY more about his legacy than he probably does.

Prime fedor got ktfo by a mw.a 50 yr old man

Mir is a retard

PRIDE's heavyweight division was the most skilled heavyweight division ever and one of the most skilled divisions anywhere

Basic summary for people who forgot

Cro Cop - K-1 legend, MMA legend
Kharitonov - Boxing Champ, K-1 competitor, Elite MMA
Werdum - ADCC champ, Elite MMA
Barnett - Catch wrestling god, Elite MMA
Nog - BJJ great, Excellent boxing, legendary MMA
Hunt - K-1 champ, Very good MMA
Coleman - Olympic level wrestling, PRIDE GP and UFC champ
Fujita - Almost an Olympic wrestler, Elite pro wrestler
Fedor - Sambo legend, Ranked Judoka, God level MMA

PRIDE heavyweights were not only elite MMA fighters but had supreme skills in at least 1 combat sport

Compare this to the UFC

Micocic - Golden gloves champ (LOL) and College wrestler
That African Guy - Nothing and gases in 3 minutes
Cain - the son of Mexican farmers..Huge and good stamina but what else is there? Yeah he wrestled in college but who didn't ?

The "Fedor didn't evolve arguement" gaff that people keep repeating is just plain wrong

Fedor had nowhere to evolve, he was part of one of the most highly skilled divisions in history IMO.

There was nm

Better leave those fanboy-goggles on. If you take them off, the reality that emerges may frighten you...

velasquez-quick-ko-nog_medium.gif

UpstandingDosSantos.gif

tumblr_myki3u0hTw1qaa8d1o3_250.gif

4.gif

fc1f5d15-8558-4f25-8b7e-efb8078290ba.gif

Last edited:
Theres a reason why most highly physical sports generally don't have champions over the age of 35......... and its not because they simply don't "evolve" their game enough to keep up.

Mid thirties seem to be prime years for the best MMA fighters. The best ones (if their chins don't fail them like Chuck) can continue to hedge their skill and experience against their slightly decreased athleticism for continued success. Werdum is only 1 year younger than Fedor. Anderson Silva is older than Fedor. Dan Henderson is way older than Fedor. Mark Hunt, the list goes on...

Mid thirties seem to be prime years for the best MMA fighters. The best ones (if their chins don't fail them like Chuck) can continue to hedge their skill and experience against their slightly decreased athleticism for continued success. Werdum is only 1 year younger than Fedor. Anderson Silva is older than Fedor. Dan Henderson is way older than Fedor. Mark Hunt, the list goes on...

Mark Hunt and Anderson Silva are shot to shit my dude

Not the best examples to illustrate your point but I get that you're desperate

That and everyone is different. 35-40 isn't the same for every man with or without that vitamin T!

Frank himself never lost his ability... he just got old, lazy and fat.

Happens to everyone eventually.

He’s somewhat right

He never really added much to his game since his pride days

34 year old Silva was Matrix-ing Forrest.

34 year old Fedor got prison raped by Bigfoot and rendered face down, ass up by an old MW.

Weird that you have such nostalgia for a fighter who peaked when you were like 7.

Back