Francis Ngannou vs Jon Jones

Ngannou knocks Jones out. If Jones ever went to HW he wouldnt fight any big HWs. He even said that in an interview

stopped reading at Jon has a tough chin. If Ngannou connects flush near the chin or temple in the first 2 rounds it's over for any man on Earth. Stipe had to grind him the first two to have a chance at surviving that, and he barely did. Stipe is much bigger and stronger than Jon. And has increased his total MMA training by 50% since the Stipe fight. Instead of 2 years of world class training, now he has four. What worries me about Ngannou is his mind. That's his, and many gigantic men's weakness. Everyone was afraid of them growing up, and they are often warm-hearted and soft to compensate.

You should read the rest because you didn't get my whole point. I never said Jon Jones will eat all his punches. I said that because he's strong in many areas but since you want to be childish I will repeat it so you can understand much better.

2. Jon Jones controls the distance and pace when it comes to fighting so he'll be hard to hit especially with his reach will stop them from hurting him. Example, Gus fight. A professional boxer was barely able to punch him.
3. Jon Jones has the highest fighting IQ we've ever seen in the history of MMA. He's too smart to get hit.

This is why Jon Jones will no doubt dominate HW. It's not about power but skills, durability, stamina and fighting IQ which HW truly lack against Jon Jones. Let's not forget how physically gifted he is and this combined is the reason why he's GOAT in MMA.

Ngannou knocks Jones out. If Jones ever went to HW he wouldnt fight any big HWs. He even said that in an interview

He agreed to move up when the time is right. He said he doesn't like to rush and has to clear out his division first. Scared to fight bigger guys? Are you forgetting he called out Brock Lesnar? Are you forgetting he said he would love to fight Cain and Stipe?

Ngannou is a powerful fighter. Don't get me wrong but Jon Jones is too skilled, crafty and smart when it comes to fighting. That's why he'll finish Ngannou. Let's not forget the fact that he beat DC twice the same person that crushed Stipe and Derick Lewis who both beat Ngannou.

giphy.gif

Jones Style does not do well at HW. He beats plenty of HW's but not sure about Ngannou.

He agreed to move up when the time is right. He said he doesn't like to rush and has to clear out his division first. Scared to fight bigger guys? Are you forgetting he called out Brock Lesnar? Are you forgetting he said he would love to fight Cain and Stipe?

Ngannou is a powerful fighter. Don't get me wrong but Jon Jones is too skilled, crafty and smart when it comes to fighting. That's why he'll finish Ngannou. Let's not forget the fact that he beat DC twice the same person that crushed Stipe and Derick Lewis who both beat Ngannou.

giphy.gif

I see you're using MMA math

I don't think Jones' style works well against Ngannou. Ngannou has pretty much the same reach and Jones isn't that fast. Also, Jones' takedowns come from the clinch and Ngannou is too strong for him there.

He could try to get Ngannou tired but I think he gets caught. He's hittable whenever his reach advantage is negated. Like in the first Gustafsson fight. Ngannou is most likely faster as well.

You guys think Jon Jones can control Ngannou on the ground? Or does Ngannou manage get back up due to his massive size and strength advantage? A very lean 260 lb vs a very lean 230 lb.

The way I see this fight going is either a clean KO win for Ngannou or Jones gets a takedown on Ngannou and gets a submission pretty easily.

No way Jones wants anything to do with Ngannou standing up, he tries to take the fight to the ground. And while it won't be as easy for him compared to him effortlessly getting takedowns on LHWs....I won't be surprised if he pulls it off after a few attempts.

But if Ngannou with his explosiveness and size just springs back up....Jones is fucked.

If Jones is able to keep Ngannou on the ground and keep him there....Ngannou is fucked.

Yes but the problem is I don't think he can actually take him down.

Jones by tko via ground strikes all day long

Jones has a good shot. He has shown he is willing to run away from power. He doesn't pretend he is some iron chinned destroyer. He will dodge the big punches and then work for a takedown. That will be the end of Francis

Pretty dumb, you compare one of biggest Heavyweights to LHW with chicken legs.

Typical Shertards.

Jones wrecks Ngannou

But Ngannou KO's Sleepay Miocich stiff in a rematch

Bad match up for Jones. I dont see how Francis doesnt just walk through his skinny leg kicks with that A level explosions.

Jones Style does not do well at HW. He beats plenty of HW's but not sure about Ngannou.
Ngannou has no tdd, how can he win a fight against Jones without it? Guy has like 10% punchers chance.
Same thing happens when this guy fights Cain, very slim chance.

Bad match up for Jones. I dont see how Francis doesnt just walk through his skinny leg kicks with that A level explosions.
You know Jon at hw is bigger man than Jon at lhw? Look how his brothers look like. Guy has same genes, one year and he is 245-255 easily.
His legs are then bigger too...

Jones'd probably get fucked up. His physical advantages are non-existent against Ngannou, who has the length, strength, height, power and TDD to shave a few years off of Jones' life.

You know Jon at hw is bigger man than Jon at lhw? Look how his brothers look like. Guy has same genes, one year and he is 245-255 easily.
His legs are then bigger too...

usa-today-8333631.0.jpg

Even Ngannou could out-cardio this tubby slob. (Yes, I know he is fit and strong. Still a tubby slob though.)

don't have a lot of faith in Jones at HW, that being said I have even less faith in Ngannou vs the elites

Jones picks him apart and finishes him in the 4th or 5th
Why not? HW is the oldest and least skilled division there is and Jon isn't exactly a small guy. The only thing that changes is the HW's have a slightly better punchers chance while being heavily out skilled just like the LHW's are.

DC won the HW belt with ease and defended it against a top 3 guy but for some reason everyone seems to be convinced the guy who easily beat DC twice would struggle against slower less skilled fighters. This doesn't compute with me, lol.

Back