Francis Ngannou vs Jon Jones

Ngannou knocks him the fuck out. Jon is going to stay at range for 25 minutes? He has no power! He's not close to Stipe's size, power or physicality. DC was a HW. Jon is not. Francis been shoring up that TDD 24/7. What else does he need to learn with that power at HW? Nothing. Could Jon easily takedown Francis? Is his wrestling more imposing at HW than Blaydes? He's 32 with a skinny frame, he would have to go full Tbol. Francis is cautious and patient on the feet. He will be weary of the TD... it's not like the TD's are just there to be had. I think Francis puts his lights out. He would have a size advantage over Jon where skill and technique don't mean very much, if he has even rudimentary defense.

ngannou hasn't exactly shown much toughness.

Went five rounds against Stipe(defending champ) when guys were getting knocked out by him, fights for a living and survived being homeless in Paris and Africa. Yup, not much toughness.

Ngannou deads him eventually one way or another. I think he just has too much power for Jones frame to handle. Sooner or later he lands and Jones goes down

Francis been shoring up that TDD 24/7.

Fook me.. stop making me even more nervous. :D

242297.jpg

Fook me.. stop making me even more nervous. :D

242297.jpg
I'm a Cain fan too... but I am unbiased and ruthless in prediction.

I'm not sure he gets it done, bro. And I rep San Jose..

Now I feel bad as a fan. This is rare. Cain needs to come out confident and throw some heavy bungalows and get that respect fast and have him doubting himself to grind this one out I think. That's a dangerous task.

I just found a Jon Jones reference in the game Neverwinter Nights.

ZnKXuz2.jpg

I would pick Jones.
Francis cardio is so bad, he would get annihilate and choke by Jones.
Jones is way better than Stipe. Once Jones took Francis down, it's over.

The only person to give Jones a hard time and could or might finish Jones at HW is Cain.
Revenge Cain is unstoppable.

As much as i think he is a scumbag, he is with or without PEDS the most talented 205 lbs+ the UFC has had.
How do you know? I think many 205ers could beat him if they were allowed to jucie too.

I'm a Cain fan too... but I am unbiased and ruthless in prediction.

I'm not sure he gets it done, bro. And I rep San Jose..

Now I feel bad as a fan. This is rare. Cain needs to come out confident and throw some heavy bungalows and get that respect fast and have him doubting himself to grind this one out I think. That's a dangerous task.

Yea the almost 3 years inactivity is what gets me.. you can't be hesitant and tentative vs a dude like Francis. Overall I do think Cain is the better fighter but in current times we kinda have to put the unknown sign over Cain from inactivity to injuries.

Not sure if I wanted this as the first comeback fight would have preferred it to be the second but hey what can you do.

Last edited:
Yea the almost 3 years inactivity is what gets me.. you can't be hesitant and tentative vs a dude like Francis. Overall I do think Cain is the better fighters but in current times we kinda have to put the unknown sign over Cain from inactivity to injuries.

Not sure if I wanted this as the first comeback fight would have preferred it to be the second but hey what can you do.
He will always be the superior fighter. Ngannou is just a one-trick pony genetic freak. At HW that's all it takes, but there's no comparison between the two. And there never will be.

Please stop with this bullshit moving up in weight crap. Jones is LHW, deal with it

I don't understand why people seem to think these stereotypical "puncher's chance" sort of hypothetical match-ups are so intriguing.

Of course Ngannou could catch JBJ and put his lights out... but so what? There are literally dozens of guys who have enough power to KO Jones (or practically anyone) if they connect... doesn't change the fact that Jones is a far superior fighter and the most likely outcome would be Bones making Ngannou look unskilled.

Went five rounds against Stipe(defending champ) when guys were getting knocked out by him, fights for a living and survived being homeless in Paris and Africa. Yup, not much toughness.

oh come on, you know exactly what I mean. he just took that grapplefuck and looked like he had zero fight left in him after the 1st round when things didnt go his way. he then didnt throw a single punch in his next fight.

-The judo takedowns
-The takedown feint to spinning elbows
-The choke on machida
-The self predicted and perfect timed kick on DC
- Technique on GNP

#SKILL
And by using steroids he can train more than naturally possible and gain that skill much quicker than humanly possible without steroids.

The blueprint is for beating Nganou is out. Box with him for a round, then shoot the low single. Can Cain survive the first? That's the question, but I feel he will.

Ngannou knocks him the fuck out. Jon is going to stay at range for 25 minutes? He has no power! He's not close to Stipe's size, power or physicality. DC was a HW. Jon is not. Francis been shoring up that TDD 24/7. What else does he need to learn with that power at HW? Nothing. Could Jon easily takedown Francis? Is his wrestling more imposing at HW than Blaydes? He's 32 with a skinny frame, he would have to go full Tbol. Francis is cautious and patient on the feet. He will be weary of the TD... it's not like the TD's are just there to be had. I think Francis puts his lights out. He would have a size advantage over Jon where skill and technique don't mean very much, if he has even rudimentary defense.

1. Jon Jones has a tough chin.
2. Jon Jones controls the distance and pace when it comes to fighting so he'll be hard to hit especially with his reach will stop them from hurting him. Example, Gus fight. A professional boxer was barely able to punch him.
3. Jon Jones has the highest fighting IQ we've ever seen in the history of MMA. He's too smart to get hit.

This is why Jon Jones will no doubt dominate HW. It's not about power but skills, durability, stamina and fighting IQ which HW truly lack against Jon Jones. Let's not forget how physically gifted he is and this combined is the reason why he's GOAT in MMA.

If you're still not convinced then remember Jon Jones defeated Daniel cormier twice and proved he is another league. Extra weight wouldn't make any difference. Daniel Cormier also humiliated and knocked out Stipe in the first round. DC outclassed and submitted Derick Lewis. The two HW's DC beat destroyed Ngannou so that should give you a sign that Ngannou is light work for Jon Jones. It's not rocket science to break down these fighters level.

1. Jon Jones has a tough chin.
2. Jon Jones controls the distance and pace when it comes to fighting so he'll be hard to hit especially with his reach will stop them from hurting him. Example, Gus fight. A professional boxer was barely able to punch him.
3. Jon Jones has the highest fighting IQ we've ever seen in the history of MMA. He's too smart to get hit.

This is why Jon Jones will no doubt dominate HW. It's not about power but skills, durability, stamina and fighting IQ which HW truly lack against Jon Jones. Let's not forget how physically gifted he is and this combined is the reason why he's GOAT in MMA.

If you're still not convinced then remember Jon Jones defeated Daniel cormier twice and proved he is another league. Extra weight wouldn't make any difference. Daniel Cormier also humiliated and knocked out Stipe in the first round. DC outclassed and submitted Derick Lewis. The two HW's DC beat destroyed Ngannou so that should give you a sign that Ngannou is light work for Jon Jones. It's not rocket science to break down these fighters level.
stopped reading at Jon has a tough chin. If Ngannou connects flush near the chin or temple in the first 2 rounds it's over for any man on Earth. Stipe had to grind him the first two to have a chance at surviving that, and he barely did. Stipe is much bigger and stronger than Jon. And has increased his total MMA training by 50% since the Stipe fight. Instead of 2 years of world class training, now he has four. What worries me about Ngannou is his mind. That's his, and many gigantic men's weakness. Everyone was afraid of them growing up, and they are often warm-hearted and soft to compensate.

If he is so good then why cut weight.

If he is so good then why Injecto, Pico, Pulsating, Turinabol kid vs this old and fat DC.

HW the crown jewel of any fighting business and he is like no thanks I'll keep cutting weight.

<Fedor23>

Back