Found out why Conor has bad cardio

I'm not sure why MMA fans think that just anyone can develop world class cardio. It's just like punching power or a chin or speed, there's a huge genetic component. Some guys just have a major advantage. Nick Diaz could come off of a six month Vegas bender and still have better cardio than 95% of MMA fighters. Just like Roy Nelson's fat ass can roll out of a buffet and hit like a Mack truck and take a baseball bat across the jaw like nothing.

Didn't watch that clip.

IIRC he has knee injuries, and the #1 form of cardio any standup fighter needs is roadwork, and it is not the same thing as running on a treadmill.

Plus he is more of an explosive, slugger type of fighter.

I hate the treadmill. Much prefer running outside.

No not nutrition. The guy doesn't sleep. He stays up reading, surfing the internet... i'm serious. I think it was him or his wife that says he's 24/7 trying to absorb knowledge... well that's gonna drain you. That with putting all his energy on antics, speeches and shoeboating he gonna gass out for sure.

He looks like he aged 10 years since the money fight, I'm gonna guess he has been flavor testing a lot of proper 12 these last two years...

A big part of it is thats hes a mentally feeble guy. All of his pre-fight "mind games" are really done to psych himself up and cope with his nerves and even then hes still a fidgety nervous wreck. Come fight night hes so nervous he has trouble staying calm with his breathing and the second the opponent gets the upper hand he goes into a panick and loses his breath even more so.... ends up gassed and ready to quit very quick.
Expert analysis right here, lol

Is it that “meat and potatoes” guy that used to hang with Ken Shamrock?

Conor kinda fought like Ken Circa 2013.

Was it the bodybuilder that Ken brought onto TUF instead of a wrestling coach? Telling everyone to get your protein in.

I'm actually unsure if his cardio is bad or his striking style is too exhausting, because in his "7 minute cardio" (standing up) he is without a doubt the most dangerous striker in the sport, with crazy reaction speed and power.

I dare anyone to take a sip of alcohol whenever that dude says “100 percent” and finish the video.

A big part of it is that hes a mentally feeble guy. All of his pre-fight "mind games" are really done to psych himself up and cope with his nerves and even then hes still a fidgety nervous wreck. Come fight night hes so nervous he has trouble staying calm with his breathing and the second the opponent gets the upper hand he goes into a panick and loses his breath even more so.... ends up gassed and ready to quit very quick.
BINGO.

Didn't watch that clip.

IIRC he has knee injuries, and the #1 form of cardio any standup fighter needs is roadwork, and it is not the same thing as running on a treadmill.

Plus he is more of an explosive, slugger type of fighter.
Why wouldn’t he be able to swim and bike instead?

I'm actually unsure if his cardio is bad or his striking style is too exhausting, because in his "7 minute cardio" (standing up) he is without a doubt the most dangerous striker in the sport, with crazy reaction speed and power.
Conors striking is over rated. Conor mainly does a step back counter left which he shoots almost any time the opponent comes forward. It works well against smaller men who have to close the gap to hit him but against taller men (diaz, Khabib) it doesnt work near as well.
Silva and Adesanya are both better.

I hate the treadmill. Much prefer running outside.
Way better for the lungs and heart to run outside. I dont get a thrill out of the treadmill or elipticals at all as opposed to running outside.

Conors striking is over rated. Conor mainly does a step back counter left which he shoots almost any time the opponent comes forward. It works well against smaller men who have to close the gap to hit him but against taller men (diaz, Khabib) it doesnt work near as well.
Silva and Adesanya are both better.
There is no shame in being a less proficient striker than Silva.

Conor’s the millennial Vitor . Dangerous for round or two , all fast twitch , dangerous striker , great finisher when dudes hurt ....BUT...when he is the nail folds , bad cardio , and taps to shit without fighting to escape . Very similar .

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I can't see this comment as anything but lame pushback against Conor's antics. Conor looks so calm and natural in the ring it's eerie, whatever you think of him as a person or fighter.
I'm not saying he's right, but as we all know, looks can be deceiving.

I dont see whats the fuckin issue there....he claims that it aint possible to be in a anabolic and catabolic state at the same time....that's more likely true than not.

I'm not saying he's right, but as we all know, looks can be deceiving.

But if he was just faking it all the time he wouldn't be so calm under the lights and against flying punches. He is obviously very comfortable striking with someone his own size. I swear to God Conor's in-ring behavior is put under a microscope like no other, and it's mostly unnecessary.

Without knowing how much cardio conor puts in and the state of his health.
i.e nasal blocked, asthma, bronchitis or some other shit.

Conor has really bad cardio, because he focuses too much on "Trash Talking", making faces and jumping in and out.
He should be trying to breathe on the defense.

But look at this... You can clearly see he is not breathing in and out enough.

Back