Found out why Conor has bad cardio

car epic win

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

his nutritionist is a bodybuilding.com bro scientist

<36>{<jordan}

Last edited:
A big part of it is that hes a mentally feeble guy. All of his pre-fight "mind games" are really done to psych himself up and cope with his nerves and even then hes still a fidgety nervous wreck. Come fight night hes so nervous he has trouble staying calm with his breathing and the second the opponent gets the upper hand he goes into a panick and loses his breath even more so.... ends up gassed and ready to quit very quick.

Last edited:
It might help if you would add your commentary on this OP.

Lol I remember watching that podcast thinking:

"They're working with this guy???"

Lockhart can take his twizzlers and fuck off 100%.

Didn't watch that clip.

IIRC he has knee injuries, and the #1 form of cardio any standup fighter needs is roadwork, and it is not the same thing as running on a treadmill.

Plus he is more of an explosive, slugger type of fighter.

A big part of it is thats hes a mentally feeble guy. All of his pre-fight "mind games" are really done to psych himself up and cope with his nerves and even then hes still a fidgety nervous wreck. Come fight night hes so nervous he has trouble staying calm with his breathing and the second the opponent gets the upper hand he goes into a panick and loses his breath even more so.... ends up gassed and ready to quit very quick.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I can't see this comment as anything but lame pushback against Conor's antics. Conor looks so calm and natural in the ring it's eerie, whatever you think of him as a person or fighter.

Lol I remember watching that podcast thinking:

"They're working with this guy???"
Conor always seems to have the oddest crew. He has overcome some incredible odds to be a high level fighter....crazy really

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I can't see this comment as anything but lame pushback against Conor's antics. Conor looks so calm and natural in the ring it's eerie, whatever you think of him as a person or fighter.
Against who? Alvarez he did. He doesnt look near as calm as you think, breathes heavy early. I can post some pictures of him with panicking to the point he looks like hes about to drown in the Khabib fight. I can show you him panicking in both Nate fights, and the Mayweather fight as well.

Man, that guy never actually gives a clear answer.

Long winded bro science.

Against who? Alvarez he did. He doesnt look near as calm as you think, breathes heavy early. I can post some pictures of him with panick to the point he looks like hes about to drown in the Khabib fight. I can show you him panicking in both Nate fights, and the Mayweather fight as well.

Breathing heavy doesn't mean you aren't calm, it means you are tired or ate too many body shots.

Fading =/= not calm either. Conor's actions are always pretty methodical....with the exception of course of going for the takedown against Nate Diaz in the first fight.

Didn't watch that clip.

IIRC he has knee injuries, and the #1 form of cardio any standup fighter needs is roadwork, and it is not the same thing as running on a treadmill.

Plus he is more of an explosive, slugger type of fighter.
Swimming is a good alternative. He has money he mine as well pau to build one for actual and not just to show off.

Breathing heavy doesn't mean you aren't calm, it means you are tired or ate too many body shots.

Fading =/= not calm either. Conor's actions are always pretty methodical....with the exception of course of going for the takedown against Nate Diaz in the first fight.
I said early, before he took any punishment or dished any. Was he tired when he was breathing so hard at the 1st McGregor Khabib presser that we could hear him breathing loudly on the mic? Hes a nervous wreck. I see youre a Conor nut hugger though and probably dont realize that Conor schtick has the signs of a mentally weak man all over it. Read some about the psychology of fear and coping mechanisms and see if you dont find a description of McGregor.

Last edited:
Conor always seems to have the oddest crew. He has overcome some incredible odds to be a high level fighter....crazy really

His crew is really a hodgepodge of random oddballs really.

They'll have great stories to tell their kids and grandchildren.

Swimming is a good alternative. He has money he mine as well pau to build one for actual and not just to show off.
You can't really match road work unfortunately and shogun is proof of that too. He swims all the time.

I think his cardio s related to the fact that he's an emotional fighter. People who have sparred before know how tired they can get if they are super psyched and their hearts are already beating fast before the session begins.

Say what you want about conors skill set I've never seen anyone more calm in big moments... maybe tj. Besides conors timing and power his mental control is his best weapon. Hes just super fast twitch and cant hang with grinders.

Bro eat anything you want, pancakes post workout no problem! Seriously tho, this raspy voice tribal tat’d gym bro has a good hustle and mma fighters are easy pickings. You think a Olympic track athlete would employ this guy? I wouldn’t trust him to do an oil change.

Last edited:
Back