Found out why Conor has bad cardio

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by car epic win, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:48 PM.

1. Venom

Venom Lurker since '09

1. I'm not a Conor nuthugger, nice try though.
    2. Armchair psychology, even after reading peer reviewed, published, and favorably commented on papers doesn't make you a god at psychological profiling from a distance and in such a hectic and chaotic environment as a combat sports arena. A lot of raw physical stress that mixes with the emotional condition of the subject. From your tendency to jump to wild conclusions about who I am I think I can infer you know nothing about Conor either and are projecting what you want him to be.

We've seen Conor in emotional pain before, but there's nothing that says his in-ring behavior is faked. He's comfortable and he gets very upset when things don't go his way. You're trying to say the whole thing is a sham. Yeah, sure bud.

Big Nog vs Bus likes this.
  2. Poirierfan

Poirierfan Cajun MMA Yellow Card

True, I can't argue against what you just said. Personally I just think Conor has shit cardio because he's explosive. He did show better cardio this time though, especially given all the grappling that was involved. If it would have been the old Conor in there with Khabib, he would of gassed in the 2nd round imo.

Venom likes this.
  3. Massapiece

Massapiece Brown Belt

It is a sham you goof.... you dont have to read a book to spot out Conors weak minded shenanigans, just get the fuck out and around people and pay attention to body language. Ive been around enough to spot them out. Conors a mental midget and when the shit hits the fan he panicks.

4. Venom

Venom Lurker since '09

Conor has a very peculiar body shape and form. And from what people have said, including coaches, team members, opponents, and analysts like Daniel Cormier, he is very explosive and watching his videos he is very strong almost everywhere.

His raw strength is high, his power high. Maybe that is why he tends to lose steam, though there are examples of him not getting tired, probably cause he was lighter or he didn't have to grapple much.

Poirierfan likes this.
  5. Venom

Venom Lurker since '09

Mudslinging, insults, appeal to your "experience" doesn't make you right.

He does not "panic" any more than a lot of other fighters do, who you wouldn't say are particularly weak. Body language can easily be misinterpreted in the context of physical stressful event, ie. a fight and the aftermath with all of the added emotions, meeting his wife, kid backstage, etc.

6. Massapiece

Massapiece Brown Belt

He flat out panics. Swearing and talking BS are all coping mechanisms along with chewing gum... all habits of Conor. He loses his breath at the pressers for damn sake its all over him.That man is mentally weak and checks out as soon as shit hits the fan. Some guys actually tuck their chin and go harder when they get hurt. Conor isnt 1 of them. Hes a quiter. Floyd Mayweather pointed it out after seeing the Diaz fight. Malignaggi pointed it out after sparring him. Khabib pointed it out prior to this fight. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck... guess what?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 2:29 AM
    12ga., FrankGarrett316 and BokaBokte like this.
  7. Poirierfan

Poirierfan Cajun MMA Yellow Card

Yep, and you could also say that some people have a higher ceiling than others when it comes to Cardio, whether it be because of genes, body type, fast twitch muscles, or where they were born (up in the mountains like Khabib). There are so many variables it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what it Is, all I know is that the more muscle one has, the more Oxygen you're gonna need. Conor could benefit by losing a little muscle and stepping back down to 145lbs imo.

Venom likes this.
  8. Venom

Venom Lurker since '09

If Conor is telling the truth, and I really don't doubt him here tbh, as recently as early last year he was sitting at "75 kilos". He was fairly fit, even while inactive.
    I don't doubt he could make the cut today.

Poirierfan likes this.
  9. Socialhandgrenade

Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

I agree, however I do think hitting Khabib and Nate's hands/trying to kick Aldo at the weighins is him feeling nervous, similar to Wanderlei's staredowns

10. Venom

Venom Lurker since '09

Your assigning "coping mechanism" to those relatively mundane things.
    "Out of breath"...how exactly is being out of breath a sign of "weakness"? Under what conditions was he "out of breath".

11. Venom

Venom Lurker since '09

Now that is just a reach to me. Everyone has their own pre-fight antics. It doesn't indicate nervousness in any discernable way. It's often just some common rule employed by observers to try to make sense of some peculiar behavior of a fighter. There are other even simpler explanations..
    He was trying to get them to take the bait, fill their head, etc.

12. tramendous

tramendous Red Belt

Its 2018. Cant they wear some braces around their knee and run?

13. Socialhandgrenade

Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

Fair enough. He's confident but at the weighins, he doesn't look it to me. Agree to disagree

14. Venom

Venom Lurker since '09

I think you're misinterpreting his blatant acts as overcompensation. Pretty much Conor does all that to get them to react.
    Overcompensation is what Eddie Alvarez did during the pre-205 press conference when he didn't have the fighting words to talk back, or even more noticeably, Dustin Poirier, who is usually soft.

15. in the liver

in the liver Big Dick Energy Belt Yellow Card

Cant run, 100% natural human movement that is essential for survival, but hes totally down for twisting his knees from side to side like this

[​IMG]

Dude just doesn't want to put the work in because he thinks hes going to ko everyone in round 1. You can see that its a mental problem from the way he quits in fights

EVIL WAR GOD likes this.
  16. SiEdmondson

SiEdmondson Yellow Belt

this bit

zahabi discussed it on JRE, said the fast twitch muscle type conor has does not suit a cardio monster

which is why someone like nate can only TKO with accumulation of damage, as the muscle type doesn't work with power punchers/stamina etc

ive explained this terribly but go and find the clip

17. Silverstar17

Silverstar17 Red Belt

He really needs a shake up in his preparation.

SBG cannot take him any further. He made it to where he is at with them. And he will keep earning big money and can still beat many guys.

But if he wants to achieve sports greatness he will have to change some things.

18. genecop

genecop Black Belt

It’s been said very well already...he’s not the brave warrior he depicts, he’s a frightened little Irish rat..The true warriors..fighters like Dan Henderson, GSP, and I suspect Ortega are the real deal...little talk, all game....

Massapiece likes this.
  19. aus101

aus101 Black Belt

What about jump rope? Low intensity steady state walking, high intensity interval training sprints, jump rope, hitting pads and sparring should be more than sufficient cardio. If the sport was middle/long distance running then I’d agree.

tasticles likes this.
  20. noc

noc Green Belt

Road work is not just running, you have to move like in the Octagon