Found out why Conor has bad cardio

The problem here was more tactical IMHO, Conor wasted a ton of energy constantly trying to stand up in the 1st round.

Against Nate the 2nd time I think people understate how important the bodyshots were, Rogan totally ingored them of course but Nate landed about a dozen really good bodyshots in the second round.

A big part of it is that hes a mentally feeble guy. All of his pre-fight "mind games" are really done to psych himself up and cope with his nerves and even then hes still a fidgety nervous wreck. Come fight night hes so nervous he has trouble staying calm with his breathing and the second the opponent gets the upper hand he goes into a panick and loses his breath even more so.... ends up gassed and ready to quit very quick.
I’ve been saying the same for a long time

He’s a classic bully type with narcissism and insecurity. He has a chip on his shoulder.

Which ties in with all his bragging and idolising of mafia and gangsters

Agree 100 percent with what you said

BB.com is one of the few places on the internet worse than Sherdog.

I think you're misinterpreting his blatant acts as overcompensation. Pretty much Conor does all that to get them to react.
Overcompensation is what Eddie Alvarez did during the pre-205 press conference when he didn't have the fighting words to talk back, or even more noticeably, Dustin Poirier, who is usually soft.
Just can't say I agree.

He needs to spend some of his well earned money on the maronivich S&C program. All the MMA fighters who has ever used it has showed massive improvement.

Conor’s the millennial Vitor . Dangerous for round or two , all fast twitch , dangerous striker , great finisher when dudes hurt ....BUT...when he is the nail folds , bad cardio , and taps to shit without fighting to escape . Very similar .

Yea but Vitor was only sub'ed 2 times in 40 fights and is a BJJ black belt.

You can't really match road work unfortunately and shogun is proof of that too. He swims all the time.
Is that really true? Ida thought swimming would be better for the knees and tougher resistance to push through.

He tries to look good.
Going 80% until the body turns into a sloppy mess
He get subbed or he manage to get a KO before his arms turns to noodles

I do the same in sparring sometimes.
example in training:Facing some cauliflower ear strong Uzbekistan monster. Then I go 80~90% staying competitive, nice back and forth spar until my body give up and I get subbed.

If you go 80% you temporarily look better than your opponent(if he goes 50%)

Last edited:
A big part of it is that hes a mentally feeble guy. All of his pre-fight "mind games" are really done to psych himself up and cope with his nerves and even then hes still a fidgety nervous wreck. Come fight night hes so nervous he has trouble staying calm with his breathing and the second the opponent gets the upper hand he goes into a panick and loses his breath even more so.... ends up gassed and ready to quit very quick.
BS you can't go on that kind of streak being mentally weak.
Talking the talk only puts more pressure you to perform as you know people are salivating at the prospect of you losing and will be brutal when you do so every fight Conor has is high stakes which a lot of fighters buckle under.
And he was shown against Mendes and Nate he can handle situations when the his opponent starts to gain an upper hand.

Conor mainly does a step back counter left which he shoots almost any time the opponent comes forward. It works well against smaller men who have to close the gap to hit him but against taller men (diaz, Khabib) it doesnt work near as well.

Oh yeah, because he didn't land some of the best combos against Alvarez or knock Diaz on his ass 4 or 5 times in 2 fights.

You can dislike a guy without making stuff up.

Bro eat anything you want, pancakes post workout no problem! Seriously tho, this raspy voice tribal tat’d gym bro has a good hustle and mma fighters are easy pickings. You think a Olympic track athlete would employ this guy? I wouldn’t trust him to do an oil change.

Certainly not on a Bugatti (cliff notes: it takes like 5 guys 2 days and there are 19 drain bolts)

Read some about the psychology of fear and coping mechanisms and see if you dont find a description of McGregor.

Please, link us some peer reviewed, replicated studies on the "psychology of fear".

From what I can tell, the science world thinks psychology is mostly nonsense:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis

2/3 of Psych "studies" are garbage. Kind of like most of your posts in this thread.

He looks like he aged 10 years since the money fight, I'm gonna guess he has been flavor testing a lot of proper 12 these last two years...

My gf says that. I'm just a few months younger than him but I look about my age while he looks a good 7 years older his age.

Against who? Alvarez he did. He doesnt look near as calm as you think, breathes heavy early. I can post some pictures of him with panicking to the point he looks like hes about to drown in the Khabib fight. I can show you him panicking in both Nate fights, and the Mayweather fight as well.

That would be interesting to see, you have any pictures on hand?

Oh yeah blame aesthetics bro.
YwfIW2Q.gif

You can't really match road work unfortunately and shogun is proof of that too. He swims all the time.

What is this based on
That’s an honest question, I don’t understand conceptually

Back