For those of you claiming that GSP did plan to defend the title

I mean, you could, you know, stop it.

All I'm saying is that you seem to be getting too emotionally stirred over this. Getting upset over people calling you a hater or telling you to stop wasting so much time making threads and posts comes across as childish. You're too old for this shit.

Anyway, I have to catch a flight.

Your first post was a short insult and you think I am emotionally invested? Really?

Defending myself doesn't mean I am upset lol.

Your first post was a short insult and you think I am emotionally invested? Really?

Defending myself doesn't mean I am upset lol.

That was excessively hostile of me, you're right. So I apologize.But you do seem to be getting a bit too riled up. Just relax and don't get too perturbed by Sherdog. It's not important.

justin-timberlake-cry-me-a-river.gif

That was excessively hostile of me, you're right. So I apologize.But you do seem to be getting a bit too riled up. Just relax and don't get too perturbed by Sherdog. It's not important.

Of course. This is just for fun.

To be honest this kind of kills the whole "two division champ" thing.

In paper, yes, he is. But it feels more like GSP, the former WW champion who beat MW champion Bisping.
But if you don't defend it you can't really say you were the king of the division.

Conor didn't defend the FW belt, but a least he beat a whole lot of guys in the division.

I'm not annoyed, I'm not starting threads while fuming in my chair, just free advice.

Take care.

I'm completely relaxed so your advice was not remotely needed. Not sure why starting threads is such a problem nowadays.

God forbid Whittaker fight Bisping. Gotta have a circus fight first so that GSP fans can call him a two division champion forever even though he is scared of the real MW's.

Whittaker was injured.

And GSP is as scared of bigger fighters as is every single champ (Andy, Jones, DJ, TJ, Cruz, Conor, Ferguson). It's why they pick a weight class. Sorry that your favorite fighter never made it in two weight classes and was caught with roids, I assume.

I'm not hearing the evidence. I heard him say he "originally wanted" to fight Bisping & then move down... but he continued to say that it was in his contract to fight twice at MW, so his intention was to do that. (not word for word... but that's what he was saying)

Didn't he also say that once he moves up to middleweight, he couldn't go back down and would have to stay there? Something about your body not being the same again if you go up and down in weight?
he'll say whatever's convenient at the moment

Whittaker was injured.

And GSP is as scared of bigger fighters as is every single champ (Andy, Jones, DJ, TJ, Cruz, Conor, Ferguson). It's why they pick a weight class. Sorry that your favorite fighter never made it in two weight classes and was caught with roids, I assume.

They were planning for them to fight long before.

Not scared to fight Bisping though? I don't get why fans are ok with calling a guy a two division champion but then also saying that it's ok for him to leave the division because he is too small. How can he be a MW champion if he is scared of fighting the real MW's? No I don't care about Silva.

I'm not hearing the evidence. I heard him say he "originally wanted" to fight Bisping & then move down... but he continued to say that it was in his contract to fight twice at MW, so his intention was to do that. (not word for word... but that's what he was saying)

Apparently we heard the same thing but have different conclusions.

Apparently we heard the same thing but have different conclusions.
Well, it certainly "leads" to the conclusion the he "intended" to do that all along. That mixed in with a convenient health concern that he pretty much said is due to him packing on extra weight & his body didn't respond well to it. It certainly does "seem" to be that his intention was to come down before fighting at MW twice.

That said, it's not "proof." He clearly said in the interview that his "intention" was to fight twice at MW because that's what his contract said. There also is the possibility that the health concern came up after he signed the contract & is legit.

So there's no "proof." There's only "hard speculation."

That's all I'm saying. When I saw the thread title & Op I thought "hey, lets check this out, maybe someone found some proof." There is no "proof" presented though.

IMO, the evidence was that he accepted the bout against Bisping, when he could have elected to come back & fight for the MW title at any point. Never had any doubt that he would abruptly abandon the division at the first hint at facing an actual top 5 MW.

gsp is a damn duck and this whole colitis thing is a farce so he doesn’t have to defend that belt. He only came back to fight the weakest champ the ufc has ever seen. Ducking ass duck.

Didn't he also say that once he moves up to middleweight, he couldn't go back down and would have to stay there? Something about your body not being the same again if you go up and down in weight?

This is what he claimed for years whenever the subject of fighting Silva would come up. He would say that he would want to take time to gain the weight and then stay there because of the health issues of moving back and forth between weights.

Well, it certainly "leads" to the conclusion the he "intended" to do that all along. That mixed in with a convenient health concern that he pretty much said is due to him packing on extra weight & his body didn't respond well to it. It certainly does "seem" to be that his intention was to come down before fighting at MW twice.

That said, it's not "proof." He clearly said in the interview that his "intention" was to fight twice at MW because that's what his contract said. There also is the possibility that the health concern came up after he signed the contract & is legit.

So there's no "proof." There's only "hard speculation."

That's all I'm saying. When I saw the thread title & Op I thought "hey, lets check this out, maybe someone found some proof." There is no "proof" presented though.

I think you need to listen to it again. He said he originally planned to win the MW belt and then move down. That's his words. That was no longer the current plan because it was in his contract that he had to defend it. So he was leading people to believe then that he would defend because he had to defend.

I think you need to listen to it again. He said he originally planned to win the MW belt and then move down. That's his words. That was no longer the current plan because it was in his contract that he had to defend it. So he was leading people to believe then that he would defend because he had to defend.
Respectably... You can't pick out one piece of an interview & hold it under a microscope without showing the context in which it was spoken.

Yes, it is a fact that he said he "originally" wanted to beat Bisping & then drop down... but immediately BEFORE & AFTER he said that... he made it clear that his goal was changed to fighting at MW twice.

All GSP said in this video is that his intention changed when he signed the contract. Nothing more. There is absolutely no "Proof" that his intention was to dishonor his contract within this interview... ie... no proof that his intention was never to fight at MW twice.

Now from there... we can argue that maybe or maybe not he signed that contract with no intention of honoring it... but that is speculation... not "proof."

Did I say anything about "his weightclass"? Learn to read.
I read your comment.....which was rambling and childish....The following is your original asinine statement - 'God forbid Whittaker fight Bisping. Gotta have a circus fight first so that GSP fans can call him a two division champion forever even though he is scared of the real MW's." You called him a Circus Fighter, and inferred that he is a coward and afraid of Middleweights....Yet he fought the middleweight champion and did exactly what he said he would do... So you mentioned weight class, you called him a coward, and now are trying to tell me...."Learn to read"....? You must have the memory span of a doorknob, and certainly the intelligence of one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back