For those of you claiming that GSP did plan to defend the title

Yeah, I saw it prior to our last 2 posts back n forth the morning after that news broke... but it didn't change anything about our discussion, so I didn't bring it up.

Yes, I agree that it doesn't look good for his argument that he intended to defend at MW. That wasn't our discussion though. Our discussion was regarding whether or not him saying that his original intention was proof that he never intended to defend. (when he said right before & after saying that his intention changed.) I still stand by that. We have no proof. It's all just speculation. It's a stronger speculation with this news... but it is still just speculation. There has been no proof presented in this thread that proves GSP never intended to defend.

I said nothing about WW. If you want to throw a fit over what I said then at least respond specifically to what I said instead of making shit up.
I copied and pasted your fukin' quote directly off your sherdog post....not only are you full of shit....you are a liar...anyone who wants to take the time to check you post will see that what I posted is your statement...word for word....don't back off now woosie.....but you did prove one thing; you are the candy assed, keyboard warrior I said you were......

GSP aint fighting contenders

Damn sure isnt fighting Woodley

but it didn't change anything about our discussion, so I didn't bring it up..

You said you hadn't seen it in that post so I was just making sure you had seen it.

This thread was meant to show proof that he originally did not intend on defending. Which he didn't.

I read your comment.....which was rambling and childish....The following is your original asinine statement - 'God forbid Whittaker fight Bisping. Gotta have a circus fight first so that GSP fans can call him a two division champion forever even though he is scared of the real MW's." You called him a Circus Fighter, and inferred that he is a coward and afraid of Middleweights....Yet he fought the middleweight champion and did exactly what he said he would do... So you mentioned weight class, you called him a coward, and now are trying to tell me...."Learn to read"....? You must have the memory span of a doorknob, and certainly the intelligence of one...

Ok moron I'll explain again why your posts are stupid. GSP did take part in a circus fight he got a free title shot he didn't deserve against a hand picked opponent and never intended to defend the belt. You can't get much more circus than that. Yeah I mentioned MW you dumb fuck. Here is your quote,

Typical shit from an armchair warrior.....GSP has always fought anyone in his weightclass......look at his record dumbass....he has beat everyone he has fought (if NOT in the first match, in the rematch)......No champion at the present time can match his record....

GSP fought everyone at WW. My original post had nothing to do with WW. Hence learn to read and quit making up shit to cry about that I didn't say. "his record" has nothing to do with my post. He is still ducking MW after lying to everyone saying "It's in my contract" Whittaker is next. He intended to leave MW from the beginning.

You said you hadn't seen it in that post so I was just making sure you had seen it.

This thread was meant to show proof that he originally did not intend on defending. Which he didn't.
Thanx... yeah, I saw it just after the 1st post of that day to you. I clicked on the forum menu & saw it literally right after writing that. The "confirmation" by the UFC had just broke the night before & I had answered your post just prior to seeing it

The thread title is addressed to those people who are "claiming that GSP did plan to defend." That means that the evidence you supplied is meant to prove that he never planned to defend. Nothing about the thread title or OP indicates you are only speaking of his "original" intent. Your OP even says "he always planned to move down."

Here is evidence that George always planned on winning the title and moving down.

That's a direct contradiction of what your last reply said. If you still don't see that, I don't know what else to tell you. I'm glad you are no longer claiming it's proof that he never planned to defend... but it's just not the way you presented it originally.

Last edited:
Your OP even says "he always planned to move down."

IMO he did always plan to move down because that was his original intent and that is what he is doing. I think that makes more sense than he just happened to change his mind multiple times. He just happened to not want to face the real MW's. But you are right that the thread wasn't meant to prove that he had never ever at any point not planned to defend.

IMO he did always plan to move down because that was his original intent and that is what he is doing. I think that makes more sense than he just happened to change his mind multiple times. He just happened to not want to face the real MW's. But you are right that the thread wasn't meant to prove that he had never ever at any point not planned to defend.
I know it might sound like BS... but it's also possible that his excuse is true that his body just rejected putting that much weight on... & so he gave it a shot with the intent to do it twice but realized it wasn't working. He supposedly even got that stomach problem as a result... so that would add to the possibility.

In the end I too am pretty skeptical of his intention, but it's not like it matters... the end result is that he isn't staying there. I'm glad he at least split before he held the division up any longer.

GSP is the fakest champion of all time. Beat a guy with 0 credibility and then didnt even want to defend the belt.

I know it might sound like BS... but it's also possible that his excuse is true that his body just rejected putting that much weight on... & so he gave it a shot with the intent to do it twice but realized it wasn't working. He supposedly even got that stomach problem as a result... so that would add to the possibility.

In the end I too am pretty skeptical of his intention, but it's not like it matters... the end result is that he isn't staying there. I'm glad he at least split before he held the division up any longer.

I'm sure the health and weight cut issues are true. I just believe he should fight anyway. He doesn't have to over eat in order to fight at MW and I don't think Whittaker would have a crazy size advantage on him.

If he could beat Whittaker then that would at least legitimize the title.

Back