For those of you claiming that GSP did plan to defend the title

I am 33. Why can't you answer?
I don't normally jump at the chance to put personal information online. But since we are coincidentally the same age I'll do it this one time.

33? Damned kids. Ruining everything! :D
0DCn73R.gif

You can speculate that he will hold up the division if you like based on your evidence but to say he is holding it up now is stupid and not accurate.

When they sit down to sign a deal, we will see what they agree on and how that plays out. If it is confirmed that your suspicions are true then you can go ahead and chirp off all you like?

. I do believe he will defend against Bobby Knuckles and then drop to a lower class. I am ok with that. I doubt that you will be and I am ok with that also,lol.

Until something happens we can guess all we like. .

just thought I would leave this here, since a few weekas ago you had a lot of aggressive shit to talk whwen I said I didn't think GSP planned to defend.

now it appears I was right.

GSP played the UFC, simple as that.
That belt is worthless though, they should just strip him and Conor asap, so the divisions can go back to normal

Fighters don't submit contracts to other fighters.
McGregor, Bisping, GSP are doing what any fighter would do if they were fortunate enough to be in their position. Blame the UFC for offering these fights and for god sakes quit taking everything a fighter says as anything other than bullshit. Money's the name of the game especially when you're a legend coming out of a 4 year retirement.

just thought I would leave this here, since a few weekas ago you had a lot of aggressive shit to talk whwen I said I didn't think GSP planned to defend.

now it appears I was right.

You found that to be aggressive? You must scare easily bro. So maybe he doesn't fight at mw and moves down. People on here screaming about holding up the division and ducking and blabbity bla are just haters. I said wait and see and it turned out you may be correct. Grats you landed on the favorable side of a coin toss.

So if he leaves the division and they hold a fight for the belt that GSP just received around a month ago, how has GSP held up the division? Bisping should have fought Romero instead of Henderson and Whittaker took out romero, Rocksalt got ktfo by Bisping already and Whittaker became injured at the time when GSP was put on the table. I am straining very hard to find the evidence that he held up anything.

I hope you didn't find anything I have said today scary or aggressive. I am really a nice guy.

All GSP said in this video is that his intention changed when he signed the contract. Nothing more. There is absolutely no "Proof" that his intention was to dishonor his contract within this interview... ie... no proof that his intention was never to fight at MW twice.
."

I don't think I ever really said that he meant to dishonor the contract. I said his ORIGINAL intention was to not defend the belt. Which is true by his own words.

It's possible either way that he either always intended to never defend or he might have agreed to the contract and meant to but since then has changed his mind. Either could be true but it doesn't look good when he tells us his original plan.

I read your comment.....which was rambling and childish....The following is your original asinine statement - 'God forbid Whittaker fight Bisping. Gotta have a circus fight first so that GSP fans can call him a two division champion forever even though he is scared of the real MW's." You called him a Circus Fighter, and inferred that he is a coward and afraid of Middleweights....Yet he fought the middleweight champion and did exactly what he said he would do... So you mentioned weight class, you called him a coward, and now are trying to tell me...."Learn to read"....? You must have the memory span of a doorknob, and certainly the intelligence of one...

I said nothing about WW. If you want to throw a fit over what I said then at least respond specifically to what I said instead of making shit up.

Biggest fraud in MMA history.

The whole nice guy phony schtick makes me sick.

Biggest fraud in mma ladies n gentleman

Can’t beleive ppl seriously include him in goat discussions

I don't think I ever really said that he meant to dishonor the contract. I said his ORIGINAL intention was to not defend the belt. Which is true by his own words.

It's possible either way that he either always intended to never defend or he might have agreed to the contract and meant to but since then has changed his mind. Either could be true but it doesn't look good when he tells us his original plan.
You are taking one little tiny piece of the interview & sectioning it off in order to remove it from the context in which it was spoken. You presented that interview & time stamped it in the OP & said:

Here is evidence that George always planned on winning the title and moving down.

That is absolutely not true. He made it clear that the contract changed his initial plan. He made it clear before & after the tiny little section that you disected from this interview. Taken in context with what he said before & after he said that ... it is very clear that he's saying his contract changed his intention.

Strange you can't see that. I think you actually do see it now that I've pointed it out, but you can't be wrong, so you're sticking to your guns

That is absolutely not true. He made it clear that the contract changed his initial plan. He made it clear before & after the tiny little section that you disected from this interview. Taken in context with what he said before & after he said that ... it is very clear that he's saying his contract changed his intention.

Strange you can't see that. I think you actually do see it now that I've pointed it out, but you can't be wrong, so you're sticking to your guns

I think the way you are looking at it is why you think it's not true. My statement that George always planned on winning the title and moving down is true because that was his original plan. I can clarify that statement and say that George may have changed his mind multiple times along the way.

Everyone knows what the contract said. I was never denying the contract. You may think it's a coincidence but his original plan is what is happening right now. He wanted to not defend from the start and it's confirmed that he is not.

I think the way you are looking at it is why you think it's not true. My statement that George always planned on winning the title and moving down is true because that was his original plan. I can clarify that statement and say that George may have changed his mind multiple times along the way.

Everyone knows what the contract said. I was never denying the contract. You may think it's a coincidence but his original plan is what is happening right now. He wanted to not defend from the start and it's confirmed that he is not.

I'm not denying that it all seems to be adding up to him never intending to defend... but my point is that no matter how perfect it all went down... it's all still speculation. Not proof.

"Proof" is a word we use when there is undisputable evidence. You look at "proof" & you say... there it is... there is absolutely no chance that anything else other than this is what occurred. However, in this case... it is only strong evidence. It is not "proof."

Okay, with all that said, I would also like to point out that I haven't heard any "confirmation" that GSP is not defending. We've heard him say that his body isn't responding well to MW... & we've heard 3rd hand information from people who claim to have insider sources... who are saying that rockhold/Whitaker is in the makings.

Such as you were loose with the word "proof..." you are now being loose with the word "confirmed." Ariel Helwani saying something about the UFC is not "confirmation." Don't get me wrong... it's probably correct... but nothing has been "confirmed" yet.

I'm not denying that it all seems to be adding up to him never intending to defend... but my point is that no matter how perfect it all went down... it's all still speculation. Not proof.

"Proof" is a word we use when there is undisputable evidence. You look at "proof" & you say... there it is... there is absolutely no chance that anything else other than this is what occurred. However, in this case... it is only strong evidence. It is not "proof."

Okay, with all that said, I would also like to point out that I haven't heard any "confirmation" that GSP is not defending. We've heard him say that his body isn't responding well to MW... & we've heard 3rd hand information from people who claim to have insider sources... who are saying that rockhold/Whitaker is in the makings.

Such as you were loose with the word "proof..." you are now being loose with the word "confirmed." Ariel Helwani saying something about the UFC is not "confirmation." Don't get me wrong... it's probably correct... but nothing has been "confirmed" yet.

I'm not really into semantic games. Whether it is really confirmed or not I don't really care. I am very confident he isn't defending based on all of the information from him as well as the sources.

What I put in the OP is not misleading. It was referring to GSP's original intentions which he says himself.

Last edited:
hes not moving down

hes moving out

very conveniently

What I put in the OP is not misleading. It was referring to GSP's original intentions which he says himself.
I was just disappointed when I came into this thread. I read your thread title & your opening statement by hovering over the link before entering... & then I came in expecting to see proof that he never planned to stay at MW. Your words are that he "always planned to move down." I came here & left disappointed due to a misleading thread title & OP. That's not semantics... that's truth. I feel like you didn't do it on purpose, but it's just not true.

I was just disappointed when I came into this thread. I read your thread title & your opening statement by hovering over the link before entering... & then I came in expecting to see proof that he never planned to stay at MW. Your words are that he "always planned to move down." I came here & left disappointed due to a misleading thread title & OP. That's not semantics... that's truth. I feel like you didn't do it on purpose, but it's just not true.

Good grief with the nit picking dude. It's how you look at the sentence. He did always plan to move down in the sense that it was his original plan. Sorry you felt mislead by the title but that is only because of how you read it.

What I meant by the sentence and I think how most people read it is true.

right from the horse's mouth. but the brainwashed gsp fanatics will find some way to twist his words.

Didn't he also say that once he moves up to middleweight, he couldn't go back down and would have to stay there? Something about your body not being the same again if you go up and down in weight?

he's a liar. it's pretty evident at this point.

Back