Floyd: Cinnamon Would Knock Out Triple G.

I agree with you that neither deserves to be in there and you're right about why they shouldn't be in there, but holding titles (without the proper context) and being a household name aren't really the primary ways to decide who is HOF material.
Accomplishment and fame aren't what get you into the HOF?

The boxing hall of fame, like most hall of fames, seems like a bit of a joke to me.

I think my biggest issue is that letting those guys in opens the floodgates for a lot of guys who are on the cusp but probably shouldnt make it. Like doesnt Earnie Shavers/ Ron Lyle have a case to be in the hof too if you let Corrales and Genaro in?
Gatti is probably the best example. He really isn't elite but was one of the most exciting fighters ever. He was in so many great fights he deserves to be included even if technically he wasn't great. Once you already have fringe guys in, and also rely on inductees drawing crowds to the ceremonies, then I think it's hard to deny guys like Corrales and Castillo. I'm actually a big fan of Genaro so if he gets in I wouldn't complain at all.

Why? Lyle and Shavers never held titles. They were never household names. They would literally be getting in for having lost to good fighters.

Corrales was a champion. He won what some consider the best fight of the century.

Genaro was also a champion and he defeated top guys at his weight.
It's also questionable whether he went into the DLH fight with a fractured nose and if he had eye problems already when he fought Floyd. I think he's a bit underrated.

not fame, no.

ATG level accomplishments aren't necessarily synonymous with titles
I'm also one of those guys that would prefer it was reserved for only cream of the crop but that ship has already sailed.

The boxing hall of fame, like most hall of fames, seems like a bit of a joke to me.
I wouldn't say it's a joke but they do need to generate money to run the place so some decisions are based on that.

not fame, no.

ATG level accomplishments aren't necessarily synonymous with titles
You're wrong. Boxers in the hall are recognized on accomplishment as well as impact on the sport.

Why? Lyle and Shavers never held titles. They were never household names. They would literally be getting in for having lost to good fighters.

Corrales was a champion. He won what some consider the best fight of the century.

Genaro was also a champion and he defeated top guys at his weight.
Eh. Corrales and Genaro werent household names. Im actually pretty confident that if there were four world titles at hw when they were fighting lyle and shavers would have probably snagged one at one point.

Not really my point though. Its about not letting fighters in who really should be in the hall of very good. Corrales and Genaro did nothing that indicates to me that they are hof's. If i have to think about it and look up their accomplishments they shouldnt be in.

Genaro beat scrubs and an old man. Had a couple decent fighters in there but nothing that indicates to me hof.
Corrales is tougher. I dunno to me hes on the cusp. But my critieria has always been if i have to think about it for a little while they probably arent in. At least imo. I should be able to think about a fighter and instantly say bam Hall of famer.

Like Floyd Mayweather. Bam hall of famer. Dont even have to think about it.
Manny Pacquiao bam hall of famer dont have to think about it
Miguel cotto/Shane mosley- bam hall of famers dont have to think about it

Eh. Corrales and Genaro werent household names. Im actually pretty confident that if there were four world titles at hw when they were fighting lyle and shavers would have probably snagged one at one point.

Not really my point though. Its about not letting fighters in who really should be in the hall of very good. Corrales and Genaro did nothing that indicates to me that they are hof's. If i have to think about it and look up their accomplishments they shouldnt be in.

Genaro beat scrubs and an old man. Had a couple decent fighters in there but nothing that indicates to me hof.
Corrales is tougher. I dunno to me hes on the cusp. But my critieria has always been if i have to think about it for a little while they probably arent in. At least imo
I know they weren't household names, but they were more accomplished than Lyle and Shavers. They were elite level fighters at one point or another. Shavers and Lyle were gatekeepers.

I know they weren't household names, but they were more accomplished than Lyle and Shavers. They were elite level fighters at one point or another. Shavers and Lyle were gatekeepers.
Elite level is a stretch for genaro imo. He wasnt anything special. If he was he wouldnt have gone to life and death with nelson and probably wouldnt have gotten humiliated so bad by oscar and floyd. Not trying to fighter bash but cmon. Dude is not a hall of famer

Diego ill have to think about but again the fact i have to think about it indicates to me hes not a hall of famer. Buts thats just my critieria

Elite level is a stretch for genaro imo. He wasnt anything special. If he was it wouldnt have to life and death with nelson and probably wouldnt have gotten humiliated so bad by oscar and floyd. Not trying to fighter bash but cmon. Dude is not a hall of famer

Diego ill have to think about but again the fact i have to think about it indicates to me hes not a hall of famer. Buts thats just my critieria
I consider guys who were champions of divisions elite. If you fighting and beating the top guys on your class, you're part of the elite IMO.

I consider guys who were champions of divisions elite. If you fighting and beating the top guys on your class, you're part of the elite IMO.
I think thats where we differ. 4 titles and a bunch of weight classes especially in the lighter divisons means the great fighters are more spread out. I dont consider holding a world title much of an idicator of anything tbh. Unless you have 3 or all of them.

I think thats where we differ. 4 titles and a bunch of weight classes especially in the lighter divisons means the great fighters are more spread out. I dont consider holding a world title much of an idicator of anything tbh. Unless you have 3 or all of them.
You can really only judge them as elite based on who they fight and who is available. Obviously Ray Leonard elite is a little different than Genaro Hernandez elite but Hernandez was the guy to beat at one point and he was beating the best guys around his weight.

Floyd says this because he beat canello.
I would put my money on GGG and would shell out for the fight.
That fight needs to happen. Moe so for GGG because canello will get whomever he wants.

canelo-Kirkland-KO.gif

People can pretend all they want. Canelo may not be Julian Jackson but he's a good all around puncher and an accurate one at that. If canelo lands a shot like the one in the gif above, Golovkin will go down.

The question for me isn't whether Golovkin can take those shots, its whether Canelo can box him well enough to set him up for those shots.

All i know is that SAUOOL legit put's heads to sleep Golovkin seems more like a TKO dude. Who knows though.

All i know is that SAUOOL legit put's heads to sleep Golovkin seems more like a TKO dude. Who knows though.

To be fair, Golovkin has put several guys' lights out in the past. He just has not fought many chinny fighters like Khan and Kirkland lately.

Where has Canelo been re-Nick-named Cinnamon???

Canelo is Cinnamon in Spanish.

To be fair, Golovkin has put several guys' lights out in the past. He just has not fought many chinny fighters like Khan and Kirkland lately.

Canelo is Cinnamon in Spanish.

I had a post about Kirklands chin but it's mostly irrelevant. The only highlight was that my phone was trying like mad to auto-capitalize "queer street".

Per people who have sparred with both
Canelo has one hit power aka hits harder and GGG has consistent power

Back