Floyd: Cinnamon Would Knock Out Triple G.

Ruben Olivares had a better resume if getting his ass kicked by great fighters counts for something.

Genaro Hernandez got his ass kicked by the two great fighters he fought (who were anywhere near their prime).

Genaro Hernandez got his ass kicked by the two great fighters he fought (who were anywhere near their prime).
Olivares got his ass kicked by every great fighter he fought too. don't try to tell me Chacon was great.

Olivares got his ass kicked by every great fighter he fought too. don't try to tell me Chacon was great.

Yes, and achieved less otherwise. Hence him having a weaker resume.

canelo-Kirkland-KO.gif

People can pretend all they want. Canelo may not be Julian Jackson but he's a good all around puncher and an accurate one at that. If canelo lands a shot like the one in the gif above, Golovkin will go down.

The question for me isn't whether Golovkin can take those shots, its whether Canelo can box him well enough to set him up for those shots.
And subconsciously ducked the counter...The kid is underrated.

See I don't think thats fair. There's guys in the Hall who are no more accomplished than Gatti. ITs not the hall of accomplishment and never has been. Its the Hall of Fame and its there to recognize fighters who had in impact on the sport.

Genaro Hernandez, I'd say his resume compares more than favorably with Daniel Zaragoza or Rubern Olivares.
As i said... theres plenty of guys that i dont think should be in the hall of fame that are in.
But you picked two odd ones to make a comparison to. Zaragoza and Olivares both had better careers than Hernandez

I think out of the 3 Corrales, Castillo and Hernandez, Hernandez is the one who shouldnt really even be considered honestly. Not a whole lot there tbh

Johnston was p4p top 10 when Castillo beat him. Both fights were very close, though.
Wasnt the 2nd a draw? But yeah i dunno. I def think theres more of an argument for Castillo than Corrales or Hernandez

As i said... theres plenty of guys that i dont think should be in the hall of fame that are in.
But you picked two odd ones to make a comparison to. Zaragoza and Olivares both had better careers than Hernandez
Not really. Olivares had a lot more fights but never really beat elite level fighters, unless people want to pretend an untested Chacon was special.

I think out of the 3 Corrales, Castillo and Hernandez, Hernandez is the one who shouldnt really even be considered honestly. Not a whole lot there tbh
Not a whole lot on Zargoza and Olivares' records either aside from beatings from elites. Genaro held multiple world titles that he defended multiple times, which is pretty much all that made Zaragoza a HOFer.

I'm not saying he was the Ray Robinson of 130 pounds or anything, but he compares well with probably at least a dozen different guys who are in there.

Not really. Olivares had a lot more fights but never really beat elite level fighters, unless people want to pretend an untested Chacon was special.

Not a whole lot on Zargoza and Olivares' records either aside from beatings from elites. Genaro held multiple world titles that he defended multiple times, which is pretty much all that made Zaragoza a HOFer.

I'm not saying he was the Ray Robinson of 130 pounds or anything, but he compares well with probably at least a dozen different guys who are in there.
Meh. He basically beat a 70 year old Azumah Nelson by SD and than got humiliated by Oscar and Floyd. I dont really put stock into the holding multiple titles stuff when there is 4 of them and a bunch of weight classes. He defended them multiple times against nobodies.

But im not really sure what your point is. I said there are many fighters who dont deserve to be in the hall of fame. Just because he has similar resumes to them doesnt mean i think he should be in there too.

And your acting like Olivares did nothing but KO Chacon. You know Olivares also knocked out Lionel Rose and beat Churcho Castillo. Than he knocked out Chacon and later beat Jose Luis Ramirez who wasnt bad.

The resumes aren't similar at all.

Zaragoza's is probably slightly better than Hernandez as well. An old Zarate but Hatanaka wasn't bad. Neither was Banke. Im not sure Genaro has much other than the win over an ancient Nelson who he barely squeaked by and wins over Carlos Hernandez and Jorge Paez who were ok I guess. Its close though. But Zaragoza shouldnt be in there either tbh

Exactly. We have to draw the line somewhere. Like i get Gatti was in exciting fights but his best win is against.......who? Like seriously. Gabriel Ruelas maybe?

Genaro beat a 70 year old Azumah Nelson barely by a SD,

The Three Fighters he fought that actually had pulses were Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather who he got humiliated by.
The other was Jorge Paez who he beat which was admittedly a good win. But not HOF worthy

Carlos Hernandez was ok too i guess
Raul Perez was a pretty good fighter too, though a bit past prime. All I'm saying is that if Genaro got in, I wouldn't be outraged. Gatti was just a dumb call based on entertainment factor, but there are a million entertaining fighters, Genaro was waaaaaay more accomplished than Gatti.

Typical Floyd rubbish. Remember how Pacquiao suddenly became an ATG in Floyd's opinion..... after he'd beaten him.

I think they're both pretty much shoe-ins.
I don't know, they are both questionable, but they have already let fringe type guys in. I don't think they really measure up to the elite but were very fan friendly.

Canelo has a similar size with Golovkin according to boxrec. http://boxrec.com/boxer/348759
http://boxrec.com/boxer/356831
A small heiight difference in favour of GGG and a slight reach advantage for Canelo.
Plus, the guy is gonna fight Chavez jr.
I don't think size is gonna matter as much as you say.

Chavez Jr. is nothing like the boxer GGG is. GGG is naturally the bigger man who is a proper MW. Canelo can make SWW so he's naturally smaller and also GGG is used to fighting proper MW's, Canelo isn't.

I think my biggest issue is that letting those guys in opens the floodgates for a lot of guys who are on the cusp but probably shouldnt make it. Like doesnt Earnie Shavers/ Ron Lyle have a case to be in the hof too if you let Corrales and Genaro in?

I think my biggest issue is that letting those guys in opens the floodgates for a lot of guys who are on the cusp but probably shouldnt make it. Like doesnt Earnie Shavers/ Ron Lyle have a case to be in the hof too if you let Corrales and Genaro in?
Corrales has a clearly better resume than those guys, and Genaro too probably.

Corrales has a clearly better resume than those guys, and Genaro too probably.
Im not so sure

Shavers best wins: Norton (KO) Bugner (TKO) Ellis (KO) Young (KO)

Hernandez: Nelson (SD), Hernandez (UD) Paez (TKO) Perez (KO)

Shavers does have worse losses though. But I think you can make the argument that if you let Genaro in Shavers could be in too. Maybe not Lyle. Corrales probably has a better resume than Lyle or Shavers though

I think Jacobs is more of a threat to GGG than Canelo honestly.

Im not so sure

Shavers best wins: Norton (KO) Bugner (TKO) Ellis (KO) Young (KO)

Hernandez: Nelson (SD), Hernandez (UD) Paez (TKO) Perez (KO)

Shavers does have worse losses though. But I think you can make the argument that if you let Genaro in Shavers could be in too. Maybe not Lyle. Corrales probably has a better resume than Lyle or Shavers though
corrales is definitely better

Hernandez is better too IMO. Norton is the only guy that really stands out, maybe Young.

Why? Lyle and Shavers never held titles. They were never household names. They would literally be getting in for having lost to good fighters.

Corrales was a champion. He won what some consider the best fight of the century.

Genaro was also a champion and he defeated top guys at his weight.

Why? Lyle and Shavers never held titles. They were never household names. They would literally be getting in for having lost to good fighters.

I agree with you that neither deserves to be in there and you're right about why they shouldn't be in there, but holding titles (without the proper context) and being a household name aren't really the primary ways to decide who is HOF material.

Back