Floyd: Cinnamon Would Knock Out Triple G.

Canelo might be the only future HOF fighter that Mayweather fought before he peaked. As such, Canelo's success in the coming years will have some bearing on Mayweather's legacy. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but Mayweather raising up Canelo and throwing a bit of shade on GGG and Ward promotes the idea that Mayweather beat (one of) the best fighter(s) in the world today.

Castillo, Corrales, and Hatton will get in the HoF.

Castillo, Corrales, and Hatton will get in the HoF.
Maybe, Certainly Mosely, ODLH, PAC, Marquez and others will.

But the guys you listed didn't go on to have their greatest accomplishments after they fought Floyd. I think Cabrlo, and maybe Cotto?, would be uniques in that regard.

Last edited:
Maybe, Certainly Mosely, ODLH, PAC, Marquez and others will.

But the guys you listed didn't go on to have their greatest accomplishments after they fought Floyd. I think Cabrlo. And maybe Corto?, would be uniques in that regard.

I was thinking of fighters who were peaking when Floyd fought them who will end up in the HoF. In terms of guys who had their greatest achievements afterwards, Castillo arguably did (the Johnston performances and Bazan are probabaly outweighed by Lazcano, Corrales, Casamayor, and Diaz). Corrales had some decent success afterwards, as well. Hatton obviously didn't, though. Genaro Hernandez was another guy who will probably get in the HoF and wasn't too far off from his peak when Floyd beat him despite the fact he had to retire immediately after due to blood clot issues.

It's possible but depends on when they fight

Wow Floyd wants to make his legacy look better by suggesting the guy he beat would beat the same size guy who he refused to fight?

Shocker.

Do you guys agree? I don't see it happening -- I don't even see Cinnamon winning that fight against Little G if/when that happens.

What do you guys think??
It's possible. Let's hope we see him fight GGG or Jacobs in September.

I was thinking of fighters who were peaking when Floyd fought them who will end up in the HoF. In terms of guys who had their greatest achievements afterwards, Castillo arguably did (the Johnston performances and Bazan are probabaly outweighed by Lazcano, Corrales, Casamayor, and Diaz). Corrales had some decent success afterwards, as well. Hatton obviously didn't, though. Genaro Hernandez was another guy who will probably get in the HoF and wasn't too far off from his peak when Floyd beat him despite the fact he had to retire immediately after due to blood clot issues.
I don't like that criteria. Floyd was past his best too, but still beating guys who were winning championships and earning P4P rankings.

Cotto still had a lot of success after he lost to Floyd. Then you have guys who were not hall of fame worthy, but still very capable fighters, like Maidana. Maidana was at his absolute peak when he fought Floyd, then retired because he did not like boxing anymore and had lot of money. I think Maidana could have continued to be a top 5ish guy in the welterweight division if he wanted to continue fighting. Probably not close to a hall of fame guy though.

Canelo has a better package of power and skill than anyone Golovkin has fought. I favor Golovkin on that one but Canelo is certainly the level of fighter that could hurt Golovkin. Chins are a little bit of a myth. Anyone getting caught with the right shot at the right time is going to sleep.

We'll know a lot more about Golovkin's defense and chin after the Jacobs fight. Golovkin has been inconsistent defensively, and he really can't do that against Jacobs.

We'll know a lot more about Golovkin's defense and chin after the Jacobs fight. Golovkin has been inconsistent defensively, and he really can't do that against Jacobs.

IMO his inconsistency is by design though to either 1. bait the other fighter or 2. to make the fight more exciting for the fans

Canelo has a better package of power and skill than anyone Golovkin has fought. I favor Golovkin on that one but Canelo is certainly the level of fighter that could hurt Golovkin. Chins are a little bit of a myth. Anyone getting caught with the right shot at the right time is going to sleep.
I agree about chins, glad to see it posted in such a way.

How do you know?
Because I can see into the future of course...... How does anyone know anything that's not happened? It's an opinion based on what I've seen. GGG is the hardest hitting MW around and Canelo is a small MW. Canelo has a good chin but I don't think it can stand up to GGG. Where as GGG has taken shots from MWs with no issue.

Because I can see into the future of course...... How does anyone know anything that's not happened? It's an opinion based on what I've seen. GGG is the hardest hitting MW around and Canelo is a small MW. Canelo has a good chin but I don't think it can stand up to GGG. Where as GGG has taken shots from MWs with no issue.

Canelo has a similar size with Golovkin according to boxrec. http://boxrec.com/boxer/348759
http://boxrec.com/boxer/356831
A small heiight difference in favour of GGG and a slight reach advantage for Canelo.
Plus, the guy is gonna fight Chavez jr.
I don't think size is gonna matter as much as you say.

Last edited:
I don't like that criteria. Floyd was past his best too, but still beating guys who were winning championships and earning P4P rankings.
Cotto still had a lot of success after he lost to Floyd. Then you have guys who were not hall of fame worthy, but still very capable fighters, like Maidana. Maidana was at his absolute peak when he fought Floyd, then retired because he did not like boxing anymore and had lot of money. I think Maidana could have continued to be a top 5ish guy in the welterweight division if he wanted to continue fighting. Probably not close to a hall of fame guy though.

It's a very narrow criteria that doesn't end up telling you a whole lot about a fighter's career. Still, I was just pointing out who would fit into that criteria.

Back