Floyd: Cinnamon Would Knock Out Triple G.

EJF1984

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do you guys agree? I don't see it happening -- I don't even see Cinnamon winning that fight against Little G if/when that happens.

What do you guys think??

Do you guys agree? I don't see it happening -- I don't even see Cinnamon winning that fight against Little G if/when that happens.

What do you guys think??
It would be pretty difficult but not impossible. Both have the power to knock the other out any given time.

What do you guys think??
I think he can and I feel triple g is tailor made for Canelo boxing style

I think if Canelo hit anyone with the shot he hit Khan with they go to sleep. I'd still take GGG though.

Canelo has a better package of power and skill than anyone Golovkin has fought. I favor Golovkin on that one but Canelo is certainly the level of fighter that could hurt Golovkin. Chins are a little bit of a myth. Anyone getting caught with the right shot at the right time is going to sleep.

Nah Floyd has been smoking too much of something. GGG can take Canelo's power but not the other way around. It's a fight I'd like to see but Canelo would get wrecked.

Nah Floyd has been smoking too much of something. GGG can take Canelo's power but not the other way around. It's a fight I'd like to see but Canelo would get wrecked.
How do you know?

It's that body punching that is gonna mess up Triple G. He usually sees the punches coming at him from the space between his gloves. Those ones your body can prepare for. Plus, I just don't know how much Canelo's power will travel up with him. He is a very accurate and very creative puncher so that can make him place his shots wonderfully. Tough ain't enough in that case.

Damn hard fight to call.

Alvarez does his best work when he doesn't have to look for his opponent. Triple G is easy to find. Then again, Triple G offers up a lot of qualities at 160 that Alvarez simply hasn't seen from a guy in his prime.

canelo-Kirkland-KO.gif

People can pretend all they want. Canelo may not be Julian Jackson but he's a good all around puncher and an accurate one at that. If canelo lands a shot like the one in the gif above, Golovkin will go down.

The question for me isn't whether Golovkin can take those shots, its whether Canelo can box him well enough to set him up for those shots.

The beating that Golovkin is going to put on Canelo is going to keep Floyd retired and take 5 years off Canelo's career.

This fight should have happened already so we wouldn't have to wonder.

Floyd is just jealous of GGG's current status in the sport. It would reflect better on Floyd if Canelo were to beat GGG, but NOPE, ain't happening.

He won't even get in the ring with him FFS.

Floyd is just jealous of GGG's current status in the sport. It would reflect better on Floyd if Canelo were to beat GGG, but NOPE, ain't happening.

He won't even get in the ring with him FFS.

I kind of doubt he's jealous of anything about Golovkin's career (Mayweather was more highly regarded as a fighter than Golovkin for more than a decade and made drastically more money), but it is self-serving to claim Canelo is superior to other fighters as Mayweather already beat Canelo rather easily. Regardless, it's not an absurd opinion to have on the fight even with GBP showing little interest in making the fight so far.

We know what Canelo can bring against great fighters. His strengths and weaknesses.
Can't say the same for GGG.

Τhe Jacobs fight will tell us a lot about GGG's chances with Canelo.
We'll see how GGG can handle someone with real power and skill.

I kind of doubt he's jealous of anything about Golovkin's career (Mayweather was more highly regarded as a fighter than Golovkin for more than a decade and made drastically more money), but it is self-serving to claim Canelo is superior to other fighters as Mayweather already beat Canelo rather easily. Regardless, it's not an absurd opinion to have on the fight even with GBP showing little interest in making the fight so far.

Floyd's jealous when ANYBODY other then him gets attention. Neglected as a child I guess?

1st time I saw canelo was against cotto's bro. he was rocked badly and cotto started his pro career as a super bantam. I think GGG's punch resistance is much better.

1st time I saw canelo was against cotto's bro. he was rocked badly and cotto started his pro career as a super bantam. I think GGG's punch resistance is much better.

True, but we've also seen Canelo easily take the real Cotto's punches. The same punches that made short work of Geale and hurt Martinez just about every time they landed at MW. There isn't much there that suggests Canelo has poor punch resistance (of course, there is a lot of evidence that Golovkin has extremely good punch resistance).

Canelo might be the only future HOF fighter that Mayweather fought before he peaked. As such, Canelo's success in the coming years will have some bearing on Mayweather's legacy. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but Mayweather raising up Canelo and throwing a bit of shade on GGG and Ward promotes the idea that Mayweather beat (one of) the best fighter(s) in the world today.

Back