Floyd: Cinnamon Would Knock Out Triple G.

Canelo is Cinnamon in Spanish.
Yes, you're sort of right and people make that assumption based on the literal translation.
Canelo is Cinnamon and also used in reference to a tan skinned person in General Spanish (i.e. most of Latin America)
But it's also a Mexican form of calling someone a "Red-Head". Referring to Saul Alvarez I'm more inclined to believe that's the real meaning, in his case.

Last edited:
Yes, you're sort of right and people make that assumption based on the literal translation.
Canelo is Cinnamon and also used in reference to a tan skinned person in General Spanish (i.e. most of Latin America)
But it's also a Mexican form of calling someone a "Red-Head". Referring to Saul Alvarez I'm more inclined to believe that's the real meaning, in his case.

coming from someone that lives in mexico i can tell you that redheads are not commonly referred to as canelos or canelas.

they are referred to as pelirojas or pelirojos. here is just one example. im sure that Marc A would agree living in tijuana

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/12/la-pelliroja-found-dead-in-monterrey.html

I think if Canelo hit anyone with the shot he hit Khan with they go to sleep. I'd still take GGG though.

final_uppercut_medium.gif

i know that this is an uppercut but i think many would agree that canelos power is overated...at 154 let alone completely untested at 160. alfredo absorbed 295 punches before the homerun swinging-for-the-fences uppecut and still could not kd alfedo who was completely coherent and immediately disputing the stoppage

regardless, in 48 rounds against top-ranked 154s canelo has a grand total of one single kd.

Canelo is good at knocking out c & d level guys & guys much smaller than him. When he actually fights top guys though he goes the distance. Floyd is delusional here, just a little jealous of GGG & Ward.

final_uppercut_medium.gif

i know that this is an uppercut but i think many would agree that canelos power is overated...at 154 let alone completely untested at 160. alfredo absorbed 295 punches before the homerun swinging-for-the-fences uppecut and still could not kd alfedo who was completely coherent and immediately disputing the stoppage

regardless, in 48 rounds against top-ranked 154s canelo has a grand total of one single kd.
Overrated by whom ? Most say he doesn't have 1 shot ko power ,

Also to note and worth repeating those that have sparred with both Canelo and GGG say Canelo hits harder but that GGG power is consistent

i couldn't give a fuck, these two will never fight

both shitbags who bring shame on boxers past who were willing to move up and compete with bigger guys to see how good they were

Overrated by whom ? Most say he doesn't have 1 shot ko power ,

Also to note and worth repeating those that have sparred with both Canelo and GGG say Canelo hits harder but that GGG power is consistent

Who are these guys you are referring to?
GGG kas knocked down/out people in his matches without hitting them cleanly.

How many rounds would GGG need to take out Josesito Lopez?

Not, that I don't believe you, but judging by the matches Golovkin seemed more powerful to me.

Hopefully we end up seeing them fight so we dont have to speculate anymore

I dont know. I like both. I do. Canelo knocking GGG out isnt impossible I think, but still, rather unexpected. I doubt it would happen. I think this fight would go to dec, and it being fairly close

Canelo is good at knocking out c & d level guys & guys much smaller than him. When he actually fights top guys though he goes the distance. Floyd is delusional here, just a little jealous of GGG & Ward.
Oh yea, Floyds jealous. If he could switch his career and legacy with Wards or GGGs. I bet he would.

Who are these guys you are referring to?
GGG kas knocked down/out people in his matches without hitting them cleanly.

How many rounds would GGG need to take out Josesito Lopez?

Not, that I don't believe you, but judging by the matches Golovkin seemed more powerful to me.
There are various YouTube interviews , I think boxing ego has some , they are not titled who hits harder but was an on the spot question .

Also quality makes perception. What is GGG signature fight ?

Unlikely
Canelo is not the puncher people make him out to be
Correct. And i think its silly when anyone argues that Canelo has more power the GGG. GGG we have seen time and time again put guys down/out without hitting them cleanly. Canelo not in that class when it comes to power

There are various YouTube interviews , I think boxing ego has some , they are not titled who hits harder but was an on the spot question .

Yes, I would love to at least know the names of these multiple sparring partners who have said this.?????
Any various links to these "various" vids??????
Youtube is a big place.
Shane Mosley may be a good place to start. But im not sure of these various vids you keep referring to.
Not saying you're lying. Just would love to watch those vids

He has knocked out everyone that has been put in front of him.

His signature fight would be with Canelo, if the latter wasn't avoiding him like the plague.

GGG will knockout Canelo
How? Canelo's defense is pretty damn good, and he counters as well as anyone in the business. I dont see how GGG gets to him without taking some serious heat in the way in. Every fight Canelo improves, GGG hasn't imo. The Jacobs fight is really gonna tell us a lot.

Back