Fights to Make After UFC Fight Night: Dariush vs Tsarukyan

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Arman Tsarukyan vs Dustin Poirier @ #UFC300 – The idea that Dustin is asking for an injured Rafael Fiziev is amusing, but let’s lock in a proper fight. While Justin Gaethje and Charles Oliveira look for a fight with Islam Makhachev, Dustin should be competing against big game. Arman is now big game.

Beneil Dariush vs Benoit St Denis – We can wait for this one, but I think it absolutely makes sense considering the trajectory of both fighters. Dariush has a shot at deflecting BSD, but St Denis might just crush Dariush en route to a title shot in the very near future!

Jalin Turner vs Rafael dos Anjos – Jalin is a scary dude, but he’s looking up that ladder at someone like RDA and that means the veteran has to do what Dan Hooker did – defend that ranking. I’d even consider this a #UFC300 possibility.

Bobby Green vs Mateusz Rebecki – Rebecki deserves the opportunity to fight a ranked opponent having gone 3-0 so far in the UFC. Rebecki might have to wait for this after the manner of Green’s defeat tonight, but it would be worth it in my opinion. Green, fully recovered, would have a decent shot at winning against a grappler?

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Henry Cejudo @ #UFC300 – In terms of non-title superfights, you can’t do any better than this. Figgy is awesome, he’s a monster at 135, just as Cejudo was. This doesn’t need much spiel from me: this would be an awesome piece of matchmaking for a major event. These two have been working together, but if Dana offered the big bucks, they’d get it done. Two elite fighters and former champions facing off. MAKE IT HAPPEN! (don’t forget the shit Merab got for not fighting Aljo)

Rob Font vs Said Nurmagomedov – Font is very good, no question, but not elite. The same can be said about Said at this point, too, albeit the two have very different striking styles. This would be a war, and I can’t overstate that Font really needs to show out here or he’s in trouble. Font has lost 4 of his last 5.

Sean Brady vs Geoff Neal – When someone is as dominant as Brady was tonight, all you can do is aim up the rankings and say “can you do that to ___?” and Geoff Neal looks like the ideal candidate. If Brady can dominate Neal, who is coming off a loss, then Sean continues to climb the ladder at 170 and develop into a significant threat – but watch out for that monstrous power of Neal! (Brady called out Ian Garry… that also works).

Kelvin Gastelum vs Rinat Fakhretdinov – Rinat is the #15 despite drawing with Elizeu Zaleski, and should be looking up the rankings. If Kelvin is even ranked at 170 at this point is another matter, but this fight still makes some sense. Kelvin has a horrible win-loss record of late, but only against high calibre opposition. If Rinat wins, he slots right in with guys like Brady, but if Kelvin wins, he justifies a longer stay on the roster – but don’t forget he’s 2-6 in his last 8. It doesn’t matter who you fight, that’s not a good look.

Joaquim Silva vs Terrance McKinney – The main downside for Joaquim is he’s just not an active fighter. He’s powerful, well-rounded, and well-conditioned, though, which is the kind of opponent Terrance McKinney needs to start proving he can overwhelm. McKinney, an R1 killer, tends to fade when things don’t go his way: which direction does this fight go? I’d love to see! But I’d want to see it sooner rather than later.

Clay Guida vs Chase Hooper – Clay Guida is coming to the end of the road, but still looks fit and determined. Chase Hooper actually tapped Clay in a grappling bout via calf slicer, but this wouldn’t be a grappling bout… could Hooper impose himself on someone like Clay? I think as far as pseudo-rematches go, this would be a pretty good one! And a natural way to try and build Chase, while testing Guida.

Dustin Stoltzfus vs Dusko Todorovic – Dustin Stoltzfus had a 1-4 record in the UFC and was realistically somewhat lucky to be here tonight – but he made the most of it by beating Puna to the punch and then tapping him in R2! Give him Dusko next, a fighter that has real toughness but hasn’t been able to put much of a run together lately. The loser here is in trouble.

Puna Soriano – CUT! For me, that was a loser leaves town fight, and Puna didn’t show a whole lot. He has a powerful left hand, but this is the UFC in 2023. You need more than that.

Miesha Tate vs Pannie Kianzad – Miesha went back to basics and dominated Julia Avila tonight. Not only that, Tate also got the finish against a ranked opponent. Time to start looking up the ladder. Pannie Kianzad is #7 but has lost 2 of her last 3, and is the clear choice for a fighter that needs to defend their ranking. Only problem is, I think it might be late in 2024 before Tate fights again…

Julia Avila vs Josiane Nunes – Rough one for Avila, whose inactivity has been largely dictated to her. She had nothing for Tate in the wrestling stakes, but whatever, we move on. Josiane Nunes is 3-0 in the UFC but is herself only fighting once a year, which isn’t ideal. Both are just about ranked, Nunes has been fighting at featherweight but shouldn’t have much issue making 135 given she’s very small at just 5’2. Winner moves upwards, should be a decent scrap on the feet as neither are the type to hunt takedowns.

Cody Brundage vs Josh Fremd – Cody Brundage wrecked it in Texas against a home state boy! And in doing so he delivered the second slam KO of the night! Awesome stuff from Cody, who was about as close to getting cut as a fighter could possibly be – full credit to him for surviving and winning in exciting fashion! Give him Josh Fremd next, in some ways a similar size and threat as Zach Reese was, but more experienced and a little better rounded at this stage. I would fully expect a finish here.

Zach Reese vs Val Woodburn – Both guys had rough debuts, both are 0-1. You can see Reese is a finisher, he was digging for some pretty nasty looking subs, we haven’t really seen the best of Woodburn yet though, so whoever wins gets to show a little more of what brought them to the dance.

Drakkar Klose vs Renato Moicano – Wow! I don’t think Klose can be denied a ranked opponent any longer, his record was already pretty impressive and his only defeat in his last 7 outings came against Beneil Dariush! Klose shut down Solecki’s grappling early then slammed his head off the canvas like a basketball… DAMN! Give him Renato Moicano #14 in the rankings and a lethal submission threat – but is susceptible on the feet. Can Klose answer the same riddle at a higher level? I wanna find out!

Joe Solecki vs Claudio Puelles – Poor ol’ Joe Solecki, this was a tough fight for him and he came out game planned-up before receiving a BRUTAL SLAM KO for his troubles… Joe’s a fun grappler, but this is a setback. I’d like to see him face Puelles next, Puelles being an out-and-out grappler. Hopefully we don’t get a sloppy kickboxing fight, but something tells me neither would be scared to engage with the other on the mats. Puelles, like Joe, still has a very positive UFC record despite both coming off horrible losses aesthetically speaking (anyone who recalls Puelles-Hooker will feel the cringe)…

Rodolfo Bellato vs Modestas Bukauskas – Bellato toughed it out, but he was getting pieced up on the feet tonight. He absolutely must tighten up his striking defence if he’s to achieve anything at 205, but credit where it’s due tonight. Give him Modestas Bukauskas next, the Lithuanian will test Bellato on the feet again and that’s exactly what the Brazilian needs.

Ihor Poteiria vs Bogdan Guskov – Potieria looked great for a while, putting together some excellent combinations, but ultimately looked just a little bit lightweight when he couldn’t get it done. He ran out of gas and fell victim to Bellato’s GnP, and he’ll be extremely disappointed to have lost. I could see him dropping to 185 as he looked really lean, but assuming he doesn’t, give him Bogdan Guskov. Ihor must get it done this time, but at least tonight he earned some plaudits for a solid offensive performance. He showed he can hang for sure, but he’s running out of time to beat someone not named ‘Shogun’.

Jared Gooden vs Gabriel Green – Couple of things here: Gooden could potentially have the chance to wield the axe for a second successive fight against a guy who has lost 2 in a row, and that’s a fun little narrative, but then again, Green has fought and lost at a pretty high level: Ian Garry and Bryan Battle back-to-back is no joke. Green will need to bounce back or he’s gone, and Gooden becomes the welterweight division’s executioner! I think we get a fun little scrap, particularly given that Gooden has finally shown he can tough it out and come back swinging at this level.

Wellington Turman – CUT! Poor Wellington Turman… it was all going so well until it wasn’t, and given that’s 3 losses in a row, a finish, and 3-6 overall, I think that’s time for the Brazilian.

Veronica Hardy vs Antonina Shevchenko – I think now that Hardy has won 2 straight since returning after a 3-year absence it’s time to put a little promotion behind her. She’s still young despite being around for so long, and while she obviously hasn’t fought as often as she would have liked, there’s still some upside here. Give her Antonina Shevchenko, another fighter who benefits from a little name value by association. Antonina at 39 is never making a run at flyweight, so testing Hardy is the right spot for her. Stylistically, it also makes a little sense as both are primarily strikers albeit with different approaches.

Jamey-Lyn Horth vs Tereza Bleda – Tereza Bleda and Jamey-Lyn Horth are both 1-1 in the UFC, but went around it the opposite way (WL vs LW). Bleda is the fighter coming off the win, and has fought a couple of tough Brazilians – now I’d like to see the Czech face a North American. Bleda at just 22 has real potential, and a good pedigree coming out of Oktagon. Horth just suffered her first pro defeat, and the Canadian looked to lack just a little bit of aggression in the fight with Hardy despite pushing her close. I kinda like the prospect of a finish here, not just from a narrative stance, but also from a stylistic perspective.

Always an enjoyable read, and agree with a lot of these, here are some of my own:
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Dustin Poirier
- Beneil Dariush vs. Benoit St. Denis
- Jalin Turner vs. Renato Moicano
- Bobby Green vs. Joel Alvarez
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Marlon Vera (most likely off a loss, but also feasible if he wins the title)
- Rob Font vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Sean Brady vs. Geoff Neal
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov
- Joaquim Silva vs. Christos Giagos
- Dustin Stoltzfus vs. Josh Fremd
- Miesha Tate vs. Holly Holm II
- Cody Brundage vs. Bruno Silva
- Drakkar Klose vs. Drew Dober
- Rodolfo Bellato vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Jared Gooden vs. Rhys McKee
- Veronica Hardy vs. Mariya Agapova

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Henry Cejudo @ #UFC300 – In terms of non-title superfights, you can’t do any better than this. Figgy is awesome, he’s a monster at 135, just as Cejudo was. This doesn’t need much spiel from me: this would be an awesome piece of matchmaking for a major event. These two have been working together, but if Dana offered the big bucks, they’d get it done. Two elite fighters and former champions facing off. MAKE IT HAPPEN! (don’t forget the shit Merab got for not fighting Aljo)

Cejudo is Figgy's coach, dummy.

Very intriguing matchups.

I think RDA is at WW permanently now so I don't think he'd be down to fight Turner or any other LW prospects for that matter.

I'd rather see Tsarukiyian fight Gaethje than Porier who has no TDD and would get steamrolled. Porier vs. Dariush could be competitive.

Always a good read...Don't think DP is taking a fight with Arman no matter the circumstances

UFC should do a switch up and Make Islam vs Gaethje and have Olives vs Arman those two can battle it out to be able to rematch Islam

Benny vs Dan Hooker- think Benny should take some time off after two straight first round finishes and fight late summer early fall 2024 Hooker should be back by then

Green vs BSD- Give BSD a winnable fight against someone with a name

Figgy vs Yan needs to be made 100% lock for a banger

Really liked the callout of Garry by Brady if he get's the win against Luque. UFC might even make that because both those guys will talk some shit and build a fight

IMO:

Gaethje vs Islam title shot
Tsarukyan vs Oliveira title eliminator
Dariush vs Hooker
Jalin vs RDA

Dariush should be taking 4-6 months off after that KO, no need for BSD to wait for that. Do BSD vs Turner or something and the winner can get Dariush later in the year.

Benoit fights like every 6 weeks. No way should he wait for dariush, who probably should take 6-12 months off after back to back ko losses.
He should fight Jalin Turner then, he took zero damage.

just book Arman bs St Denis

Last edited:
After that KO, he should get a crack at Islam. But something tells me Islam will retire just like Kabob.

Lmao at the idea of Poirier accepting a fight against a young hammer coming into his physical prime after a KO loss in a PPV main event. The UFC would have to pay him far more than they're probably willing to because, you know, who gives a damn about selling PPVs or giving the fans what they want since the ESPN deal.

I like the loser of Makhachev/Oliveira, but in reality, there's not a great name out there for him and the title picture's a little clogged. He's probably going to have to take a stay busy fight against someone lower ranked if he doesn't want to sit on the sidelines for a while.

Last edited:
Jamey-Lyn Horth vs. Ivana Petrović - Potential loser leaves UFC bout.
Veronica Hardy vs. Molly McCann - Think this has the makings of a fun fight. Should be interesting on the feet.
Wellington Turman - Cut - he's lost 3 in a row now.
Jared Gooden vs. Ange Loosa - Both men coming off wins. Let's see who can build momentum.
Ihor Potieria - Cut - I don't see Potieria getting another shot. If he does he can fight the Pleasure Man.
Rodolfo Bellato vs. Tyson Pedro - Think this makes sense for Bellato's next outing. Pedro makes for a decent follow up.
Joe Solecki vs. Jordan Leavitt - Two grapplers coming off tough losses.
Drakkar Klose vs. Mateusz Rębecki - Winner of this gets a ranked opponent.
Zachary Reese vs. Valentine Woodburn - Loser leaves UFC bout.
Cody Brundage vs. Dustin Stoltzfus - Both coming off impressive finishes tonight. Let's see who can build off this.
Julia Avila vs. Chelsea Chandler - loser drops out the rankings.
Miesha Tate vs. Josiane Nunes - Tough to match Tate with everyone above her booked really. I think a win over Nunes who is just below her on the rankings however will shift her up.
Punahele Soriano vs. Bruno Silva - Loser leaves UFC.

Clay Guida vs. Vinc Pichel - This makes for a good rebound for both men.
Joaquim Silva vs. Jared Gordon - Both men riding wins. I like this for their next steps.
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Michael Chiesa - two tuf winners in dire need of a win to stay relevant at 170.
Sean Brady vs. Garry/Luque winner - This makes sense to me. Winner of this could get a top 5 opponent.
Bobby Green vs. Matt Frevola - tough loss for Green. Think this fight promises a fun one on his return.
Jalin Turner vs. Benoit Saint-Denis - I think we all need this one. Fight promises violence.
Beniel Dariush vs. Rafael Fiziev - Both men will be out for a little while. Makes sense for a rebound.
Arman Tsarukyan vs. Dustin Poirier - I nearly said a rematch with Gamrot but didn't want to put both on hold like that. Charles is probably still fighting for the belt and there's an off chance Gaethje takes this or the Gamrot fight to stay busy. Honestly depends on timing with the division but I'd be interested in seeing this.

- Bobby Green vs. Joel Alvarez
Lol you sicko want to see Bobby fight another 6'3 LW who hits even harder than Jalin? You must hate the poor guy!!
BTW word around here in Spain is Joel has a fight agreed with some top 15 and is already on camp.

Great matchups in this one--I think you've got your finger on the pulse of LW here.
Sean Brady vs Geoff Neal almost sounds inevitable. I could easily see it as "Who gets to beat up Ian Garry" qualifier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back