Pre-fight discussion: UFC Fight Night: Dariush vs. Tsarukyan 12/2/23 4pm ET ESPN+

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hi everyone welcome back to another pre-fight discussion. This time it's UFC Fight Night: Darius vs. Tsarukyan, Saturday December 2, 4pm ET on ESPN+. Which fights interest you most? Any predictions or breakdowns you'd like to share? Please keep it civil. Thank you and enjoy!
  • Saturday 12.02.2023 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Dariush vs. Tsarukyan
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Austin
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Moody Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • MMA Bouts: 13

UFC ON ESPN 52 - DARIUSH VS. TSARUKYAN​

DEC 2, 2023 MOODY CENTER, AUSTIN, TEXAS, UNITED STATES

Main Event Lightweight BENEIL DARIUSH 22-5-1 vs. ARMAN TSARUKYAN 20-3-0

Lighweight Jalin Turner 13-7-0 vs. Bobby Green 31-14-1
Bantamweight Rob Font 20-7-0 vs. DeivesonFigueiredo 21-3-1
Welterweight Sean Brady 15-1-0 vs. Kelvin Gastelum 18-8-0
Lightweight Clay Guida 38-23-0 vs. Joaquim Silva 12-4-0
Middleweight Punahele Soriano 9-3-0 vs. Dustin Stoltzfus 14-5-0
Bantamweight Miesha Tate 19-9-0 vs. Julia Avila 9-2-0
Middleweight Cody Brundage 9-5-0 vs. Zachary Reese 6-0-0
Lightweight Joe Solecki 13-3-0 vs. Drakkar Klose 13-2-1
Featherweight Steve Garcia 14-5-0 vs. Melquizael Costa 20-6-0
Light Heavyweight Rodolfo Bellato 11-2-0 vs. Ihor Potieria 19-4-0
Welterweight Wellington Turman 18-7-0 vs. Jared Gooden 22-9-0
Flyweight Veronica Hardy 7-4-1 vs. Jamey-Lyn Horth 6-0-0

104486-3796493.png

5b482af00049de41aeba5aa4bbf46f16.gif

Fight Night of the YEAR :cool:

Shillan and Duffy: UFC on ESPN 52 Preview​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email

BEN DUFFY KEITH SHILLAN NOV 28, 2023
Keith and Ben preview UFC on ESPN 52, also known as "UFC Austin," with detailed predictions and picks for all 13 fights, including several major upsets. Sidetrack conversations include MMA dream matchups we never got to see, the legendary Rumble on the Rock tournaments of the early 2000's.

0:00 Fedor Emelianenko (27-1, 1 NC) vs. Randy Couture (15-8)
7:32 Veronica Hardy (7-4-1) vs. Jamey-Lyn Horth (6-0)
14:20 Wellington Turman (18-7) vs. Jared Gooden (22-9)
22:25 Rodolfo Bellato (11-2) vs. Ihor Potieria (19-4)
30:49 Steve Garcia (14-5) vs. Melquizael Costa (20-6)
41:29 Joe Solecki (13-3) vs. Drakkar Klose (13-2-1)
53:23 Cody Brundage (9-5) vs. Zachary Reese (6-0)
1:05:06 Miesha Tate (19-9) vs. Julia Avila (9-2)
1:18:45 Punahele Soriano (9-3) vs. Dustin Stoltzfus (14-5)
1:30:56 Clay Guida (38-23) vs. Joaquim Silva (12-4)
1:45:04 Sean Brady (15-1) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (18-8, 1 NC)
2:00:28 Rob Font (20-7) vs. Deiveson Figueiredo (21-3-1)
2:23:56 Jalin Turner (13-7) vs. Bobby Green (31-14-1, 1 NC)
2:41:52 Beneil Dariush (22-5-1) vs. Arman Tsarukyan (20-3)
3:02:34 A quick rundown of all the picks

That’s a really decent FN card.

Hardy is back after a really good return performance. Out 3 years, and looked really good against Miller. And she has more experience than Canadian girl Horth.

I like Hardy but I think I’m going with Horth here. Texas judging tends to be a little fucked up sometimes. So beware.

Julia Avila was doing pretty well when she got injured a cpl years ago. She’s been out a while, but I still have to take her over Tate. I believe Tate is just collecting a pay cheque at this point. But you never know.

I’ve liked Clay Guida since I saw him in SF a million years ago. He’s one of my favourite male fighters ever. He’s been fighting a long time. He turns 42 next month. The Energizer Bunny is running low on juice.

Cheering for Guida, but I expect Silva to get the decision. I wonder if he might retire on a loss?

The last 4 fights on the card all look pretty good on paper.

Gastelum’s return to WW. Figgy finally moves up to BW. Turner stepping in on 8 days notice, I believe. And a ME where the higher ranked fighter is expected to lose.

I’ll give those fights thought this week.

This shit isn’t fucking kosher, alright. At least 50% of the time now this is what I see..

Mobile..
1701227884081.jpeg

Laptop..
1701228003830.jpeg

Can we please get this fixed?

Thanks for the thread @PurpleStorm

I can’t even see the images I posted.

Hardy is back after a really good return performance. Out 3 years, and looked really good against Miller. And she has more experience than Canadian girl Horth.

I like Hardy but I think I’m going with Horth here. Texas judging tends to be a little fucked up sometimes. So beware.

Julia Avila was doing pretty well when she got injured a cpl years ago. She’s been out a while, but I still have to take her over Tate. I believe Tate is just collecting a pay cheque at this point. But you never know.

I’ve liked Clay Guida since I saw him in SF a million years ago. He’s one of my favourite male fighters ever. He’s been fighting a long time. He turns 42 next month. The Energizer Bunny is running low on juice.

Cheering for Guida, but I expect Silva to get the decision. I wonder if he might retire on a loss?

Gastelum’s return to WW. Figgy finally moves up to BW. Turner stepping in on 8 days notice, I believe. And a ME where the higher ranked fighter is expected to lose.

This shit isn’t fucking kosher, alright. At least 50% of the time now this is what I see..

Mobile..
View attachment 1013581

Laptop..
View attachment 1013582

Always good to hear your thoughts sherbro sister city frend. Appreciate your observations. Like I love guida too but no one fights forever! I'll be thinking of this post when I do my tap picks. Thx man.

Always good to hear your thoughts sherbro sister city frend. Appreciate your observations. Like I love guida too but no one fights forever! I'll be thinking of this post when I do my tap picks. Thx man.
I’ll give you my thoughts on the other 4 Main Card fights Friday night if you want. I’ve been doing pretty well on Tap lately. Hopefully the trend continues.

Mobile..
View attachment 1013581

Laptop..
View attachment 1013582

I've always been a Guida fan as well. This will be his 36th UFC fight. Even if he loses, I have a feeling he wants to hit 40 fights before retiring.

I've always been a Guida fan as well. This will be his 36th UFC fight. Even if he loses, I have a feeling he wants to hit 40 fights before retiring.

Just for funnzies: UFC records

Jim Miller - 25-16-0-1
Andre Arlovski - 23-16-0-1
Donald Cerrone - 23-14-0-1
Clay Guida - 18-17-0-0

*Miller no contest Pat Healy failed a drug test but had originally won by 3rd round RNC

*Arlovski's no contest was because Walt Harris failed a drug test but had originally won a split decision should have been ruled a win for AA imho

*Cerrone no contest was because Price failed a drug test for THC which is lame as fuck fight was originally scored a draw.

*Guida one loss away from being a perfect .500 UFC record. Rooting for Clay.

hm, thinking The Carpenter needs to pack up his tools and retire.
Cupcake coming back for a payday, yay!

Preview: UFC on ESPN 52 Prelims​

Tate vs. Avila​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email

TOM FEELY NOV 29, 2023 COMMENTS

The Ultimate Fighting Championship on Saturday will return to Texas with an engaging undercard at the Moody Center in Austin. Women’s bantamweights lead the way with an important fight in the featured UFC on ESPN 52 prelim, where former champion Miesha Tate looks to gain some momentum against Julia Avila, who steps back into the cage after a long layoff. Meanwhile, Drakkar Klose takes on Joe Soleckiin a battle of underrated lightweights, and a featherweight affair pitting Steve Garcia against Melquizael Costa looks like guaranteed excitement. Add in some interesting newcomers from Dana White’s Contender Series, and this looks like a strong start to December for the UFC.

Now to the preview for the UFC on ESPN 52 prelims:

You guys remember that time Veronica Hardy did a Q&A with the forum?

Jebus..

At his current pace, that’s another cpl of years. I’d love to see it. He’s been pretty much alternating wins, and losses the last few years. So I’m cool with him going for 40. He’s never lost 3 in a row. So with that in mind..
War Guida.

Back