Female zookeeper dies in UK tiger 'freak accident'

Explain @lsa ?

images

That was my weekend in Cabo.
I am skinny fat. And big boned.

Im no expert but everything i've read says tigers are the alpha predators even over lions.

Why doesn't the headline simply state:

"Zookeeper Dies in Freak Accident"?

Does the zookeeper's gender make a difference?

Why doesn't the headline simply state:

"Zookeeper Dies in Freak Accident"?

Does the zookeeper's gender make a difference?

I thought of her as a secretary for animals.

Can you even fucking imagine just going about your regular day, hearing a clank over your shoulder and turning around to be face to face with the most efficient killing machine in the animal kingdom?

552863-tigers7.jpg

An orca and great white are more efficient killers.

And a grizzly would murk a tiger.

Yeah "freak accident" isn't really an accurate statement. More like a tiger being a tiger. Unfortunately you hear about these types of attacks all too often, killer whales, bears, chimps... I don't care how docile a wild animal may be 99 percent of the time, you can always worry about a random attack.

These people get way too comfortable.
Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me when the "experts" constantly say there is "nothing" to worry about.

All I can ever think is, "Then why do people like you get eaten?" To which they always roll out that idiotic defense, "Well, [the human] made a mistake"-- violated safety rules pertaining to treatment or behavior (even when that isn't true). I immediately think to myself, "Yeah, he made the dumbass mistake of thinking like you that a person can trust a wild animal simply because he's familiar with it." Reminds me of the brother of the trainer whose bear ate him; the one that wrestled with Will Ferrell for Blades of Glory. I wonder how Will feels about that looking back on it, now. I wonder if he will ever trust filmmakers to put him in that situation again simply because he was told everyone 'knows what they are doing'.

It's the zoologist/veterinarian/wildlife-trainer version of the Pit Bull owner defense. "It wasn't the Pit! It was the owner! They didn't know how to handle the animal." They repeat this even after you post 40 years of studies and data that refute the anecdotal nature of the argument. Funny how this effect is acutely unique to Pit Bull owners, and not owners of other large dogs. Hmmm....

An orca and great white are more efficient killers.

And a grizzly would murk a tiger.
Actually, if we're talking about "efficient" killing machines, nothing that hunts alone is even worth whispering.

Teamwork ftw.

I fucking hate zoos. Shit like this just reaffirms it.

Everyone thinks their so smart, but little did you know this woman died when she asked the tiger to hold her handgun and the tiger dropped it.

Total accident.

Siegfried and Roy were pretty familiar with the tiger they were working with too...

Can't wait until zoos slowly die out like circuses are.

Back