Female zookeeper dies in UK tiger 'freak accident'

I've always had a good rapport with cats, I would've been fine

A tiger "entered the enclosure"

I had not a clue that tigers had the ability to kill individuals just by entering an area where said person is working!! Tiger enters my office.. all of us die.

At least be descriptive and let us know how the tiger dominated her.

Too many jokes and casual attitudes towards a woman that's died and lost her life here.

I hope they don't put the Tiger down, simply for being a Tiger.

Can you even fucking imagine just going about your regular day, hearing a clank over your shoulder and turning around to be face to face with the most efficient killing machine in the animal kingdom?

552863-tigers7.jpg

@loyalyolayal

I believe this is called a freak accident because it was a freak accident that allowed the tiger to regain access to the area she was in. It's not a freak accident because a wild tiger does what wild tigers do. It's a freak accident of security procedures in the zoo. You could also label it negligence, but how many times are accidents not negligence of some sort? It's still an accident unless someone wanted her to get attacked by a tiger.

Plus when you kill alone you don't have to share all the food. Not sharing = more efficient

This is why you should carry a gun at all times if you're in an environment like that.

Inb4 "a gun wouldn't help you bro!"

Yes, yes it would. You'd have enough time to shoot that fucker.

yeah yeah, shoot everything just because you are the one that is stupid.

I don't know if they're more efficient. Wouldn't one solo animal killing you instantly be more efficient than a pack of maniac dogs running around.
I think you're dead either way.

So no.

Indians are smart. They know tigers won't go for chinese food.

As a Chinese I find this post extremely racist.

At the same time I agree and find it very funny, so I gave you a like.

An orca and great white are more efficient killers.

And a grizzly would murk a tiger.

In Siberia tigers have been known to kill grizzly bears. I believe when they are face to face the bear has the advantage but tigers have ambushed bears and killed them.

Actually, if we're talking about "efficient" killing machines, nothing that hunts alone is even worth whispering.

Teamwork ftw.

You mean brains, because i remember a show that had tigers put into a reserve in Africa and they killed prey like it was nothing, while lions usually struggle.

"A couple of them were throwing meat over the enclosure to try and entice the tiger away, but it was going on probably for 10 to 15 minutes."

So, essentially they showered the tiger with tasty treats. Tiger probably now thinks it did a good thing by murking that woman and will be looking to do it again because it was rewarded by positive reinforcement. Brilliant.

I think you're dead either way.

So no.

Those dogs eat you when you're alive most of the time. Unlike big cats who go for the neck or the spine and kill you quick the dogs will eat you alive. Like hyenas do. Sick shit.

Back