FBI Director Comey to testify before house intelligence committee

So, does the Left love this guy again, and the Right hate him? Getting bloody tough to keep track of whether he's a threat to democracy or the person making the tough calls to bring about justice, according to the partisan mindsphere..

This entire post is a lie.

You can't rewrite history to fit your narrative.

I'm not going to say that Heretic doesn't approach things with a substantial bias and apply a bit of rosewater to things he like to keep smelling fresh, but in the case of the examples he gave, there was actually a lot of that going on... Trump puts his foot in his mouth plenty - but there have been times where people have worked double time to interpret what he said in the worst possible way and then treat it as if that's the simple matter of fact way it was meant. We've all spent the last year and a half watching Trump get crucified for things based on very specific and ideologically motivated interpretations of what was said, or for things that the accuser lets fly when it's someone they like saying it...

Trump absolutely says things he shouldn't and things that should trouble any objective reader. That being said, there is an astoundingly high number of things he catches flak for that he really doesn't deserve to. It's disappointing, because you could create a strong case against him based on approaching him entirely objectively - and twisting words and heavily interpreting things he says to trump up a case against him only creates a situation where those who are inclined to support him are more inclined to do so, even when they shouldn't. It's easy to rally behind someone who is constantly treated unfairly by the powers that be - even if they are an asshole and don't deserve your support. What people who border on making things up to blast Trump for on a daily basis don't realize is that they are only stratifying the lines of support that he already has...

I'm looking right at you with stuff like this Ippo. Sometimes I have to assume you're actually supporting Trump because this caricatured presentation of him that you push is a big part of why he got in - and why people still rally behind him when there are plenty of legitimate reasons for them to turn their backs on him.

Last edited:
The hearing, scheduled for 10 a.m. Eastern, will focus on Russian interference during the election.

It'll be interesting to hear what the FBI director has to say on these two issues.

on wiretapping

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ey-expected-reject-donald-trumps-wiretapping/

any ongoing investigations

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/...ts-with-the-house-intelligence-committee.html

here's what the president had to say on twitter ahead of the hearing

Trump should fire him.

For what?

Comey arguably did more to win Trump the election than Russian interference.

I give Comey some credit for Hillary losing the election. But he's way too tall and makes Trump look bad for his image.

So it's ok for foreign nations to meddle in our election process because they're not what they used to be?

I'm confused.

Foreign countries will always attempt to meddle in our election process. Duh.

The charge is that Trump colluded with "Russia".

By the way, where was your outrage when Obama spent tax payer funds meddling against Netanyahu?

I give Comey some credit for Hillary losing the election. But he's way too tall and makes Trump look bad for his image.

Trump makes himself look bad.

Comey is just way smarter than him so he makes him look even worse.

Foreign countries will always attempt to meddle in our election process. Duh.

The charge is that Trump colluded with "Russia".

By the way, where was your outrage when Obama spent tax payer funds meddling against Netanyahu?

I am perfectly ok with the elected American president using taxpayer funds as he sees fit to protect American interests.

I am not ok with rival world powers meddling in our election and we deserve to know the whole truth about what transpired.

Putin is not allowed to have us period. We should be concerned when he does. We should be even more concerned when it's during our election.

If Putin wanted to publicly endorse Trump and shit on Clinton, that's fine.

Why should anyone have us? Why is only Putin singled-out but not any other foreign countries and special interests?

They never cared to do any investigations on countries that Trump has clear business ties to like China, I wonder why? Are they considered morally superior to Russia/Putin? They've hacked and stole hundreds of billions of dollars worth of intellectual property from the US. They oppress their own people to the extreme, censor and filter all their information, make them work slave labor, are the greatest contributor to air pollution; bully, smaller neighboring countries, kill their own people and harvest their organs... Putin kills a bunch of rich, political oligarchs that try to undermine his country, that's baaaaddd; but killing your country's own innocent people is a-OK. China buying off every Hollywood studio, and having control over American pop-culture gets a pass, we shouldn't be concerned with that at all, because their country is so great and we want America to become just like theirs in the future.

No, it's because there's a clear political dimension in all this. The politicians don't scapegoat countries like China because that's where they get their money from, have their own ties to, and share ideologies with. They attack the countries that aren't a part of their club, or submit to their own interests. Where weak-minded people will just blindly accept what they're saying as something that serves their best interests. The very idea that of all the experienced politicians to choose from, Russia/Putin would choose Donald Trump as their lone presidential candidate to win the election, is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The fact that no politician comes to Russia's defense means they're not the country that's actually doing the buying of them; you're being duped.

Last edited:
Why should anyone have us? Why is only Putin singled-out but not any other foreign countries and special interests?

They never cared to do any investigations on countries that Trump has clear business ties to like China, I wonder why? Are they considered morally superior to Russia/Putin? They've hacked and stole hundreds of billions of dollars worth of intellectual property from the US. They oppress their own people to the extreme, censor and filter all their information, make them work slave labor, are the greatest contributor to air pollution; bully, smaller neighboring countries, kill their own people and harvest their organs... Putin kills a bunch of rich, political oligarchs that try to undermine his country, that's baaaaddd; but killing your own innocent people is a-OK. China buying off every Hollywood studio, and having control over American pop-culture gets a pass, we shouldn't be concerned with that at all, because their country is so great and we want America to become just like theirs in the future.

No, it's because there's a clear political dimension in all this. The politicians don't scapegoat countries like China because that's where they get their money from, have their own ties to, and share ideologies with. They attack the countries that aren't a part of their club, or submit to their own interests. Where weak-minded people will just blindly accept what they're saying as something that serves their best interests. The very idea that of all the experienced politicians to choose from, Russia/Putin would choose Donald Trump as their lone presidential candidate to win the election, is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The fact that no politician comes to Russia's defense means they're not the country that's actually doing the buying of them; you're being duped.

Or maybe Putin is just an asshole?

I don't understand this logic of people arguing that it's ok if Russia did hack the DNC emails if it didn't have any impact on why Hilary lost. The problem isn't whether or not they impacted the election the problem is that they attempted to do so.

Do you think the standard of living for the average citizen is better in Russia or China?

I think our interests align more with Russia than with China.

How they live on the other side of the world is not much concern to me.

I don't understand this logic of people arguing that it's ok if Russia did hack the DNC emails if it didn't have any impact on why Hilary lost. The problem isn't whether or not they impacted the election the problem is that they attempted to do so.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. We know the truth though.

Sports politics is more important to these people than reality.

Why are you quoting some random idiot on twitter when the FBI director said that Russia hacked the DNC in this hearing, but said there was no evidence that Obama had Trump wiretapped.

The only thing credible Comey ever did for these people is help push Trump over the 1 yrd line. Everything else is fake news!

I think our interests align more with Russia than with China.

How they live on the other side of the world is not much concern to me.

Yeah, except they're not staying on their side of the world evidently.

As much of an asshole as Putin may be, at least his citizens are allowed to protest him being an asshole; the people in China are not even allowed to speak out against their own government if their life sucks.

Yeah, except they're not staying on their side of the world evidently.

As much of an asshole as Putin may be, at least his citizens are allowed to protest him being an asshole; the people in China are not allowed to speak out against their government.

lol you think Putin's citizens are allowed to protest?

You're only allowed to protest in Russia if the government gives you permission first and you protest in the designated protest zones.

If you protest without permission or outside the designated areas you will be arrested and likely roughed up a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back