FALSE RUMOR: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson rebooked. Tomorow will be the annoucment.

The fight to make now is Ferguson vs. Nate Diaz for the interim LW title. Make it for International Fight Week. Winner fights Conor after that. That is the way to go. UFC should throw a big bag of money at Nate to make it happen.

To be fair I was counting on Ramadan to get Khabib through the weight cut.

Yep.

The non Tiramisu Ramadan diet would be extremely helpful making weight next time.

I don't think we care about this fight anymore.

I like the fight a lot but Khabib doesn't deserve it now. He should fight someone else.
Meh, Conor is prob out the whole year. Not like tony can now go fight Conor. 4th times a charm. Rebook the fight for May imho.

It's all too frequent that until two fighters actually step in the cage, don't give your hopes up. I agree with contingency fighters as back-up. UFC could pay them a reasonable amount for being a backup and of course get full pay of replacement fighter if they do fight.

Wasn't there a thread of fights that were booked, but never happened?

Khabib needs to get to the back of the line. Tony gets the title shot next. No interim bullshit. If they reschedule when is it gonna happen? So he can pull out again???

Khabib needs to get to the back of the line. Tony gets the title shot next. No interim bullshit. If they reschedule when is it gonna happen? So he can pull out again???

These two are stuck together until it gets done. The only best option for either of these two is the other - Like it or not. Lets just hope that Khabib dumps Ali and gets someone who won't sabotage the fight.

We all know that GSP vs. Conor is coming. That is the fight that Ari Emanuel's crew wants.

Don't believe what Karim Zidan says. He is a notorious hater of Russian Caucasian fighters. There is zero links to his claims. The last interview Khabib's father gave was with Lifenews in Russia. He said he did not know when Khabib would be back. Ignore these journalists covering Russian fighters who don't even speak Russian.Don't believe what Karim Zidan says. He is a notorious hater of Russian Caucasian fighters.

As of this minute all I am reading and hearing from those in Russia is that Dallas is the date they are aiming for. Not certain, but a real possibility.

I thought Fergy moved on… what I don’t understand is he considering this a win over Khabib. A fight never took place… you got a lil chump change and you’re complaining about your worth? Who the Fook is this guy?
That "lil chump change" is probably 3x more than you earn in a year. He showed up, Khabib didn't. That's a win for Tony. Or maybe he should have gone to the hospital and fought Khabib anyway? I mean, Tony has earned a reputation for being an asshole, but that seems extreme even for him.

The complications afaik were issues with his liver. He needs time to heal from the physical damage his body took in the weight cut. Unless you're a doctor, and know the precise details of what happened to him, saying how much time you think he needs to recover seems a bit silly.
I'm just saying what his manager said on MMA hour, which was that 210 was too soon. You're welcome to your own theories tho. go nuts friendo.
My theory is he is afraid and should stop eating french fries and cake a week before weigh ins. Just a thought though.

3o7abldj0b3rxrZUxW.gif

This fight is going to be hard to rebook because it's given Tony a reason not to fight Khabib, and Dana a reason not to threaten Conor with Khabib. There's also a legitimate reason to not give Khabib this fight on the basis that he cost the organization many millions of dollars because of tiramisu cake.

It's tomorrow. I guess this rumor was false?

Back