Rumored MMA Weekly reporting possible Khabib vs Leon Edwards for UFC 300 via Chael Sonnen

JOSHUA RYAN1 HOUR AGO

Despite adding several current and former champions to the card, many are still upset at the quality of UFC 300 but that could all be about to change with Khabib Nurmagomedov's potential return.

Rumors are suggesting that Leon Edwards is set to put his belt on the line against rightful contender Belal Muhammad, but those plans may have now changed. The Brit is looking to make his third defense of the title when he steps into the octagon next time out.

Amid the speculation of UFC 300 and who is set to headline the huge event, Chael Sonnen believes he has pieced the answer together. Khabib Nurmagomedov could be on his way back to the octagon after recent comments from his coach surfaced.

"Coach Javier Mendez, owner and leader of the American Kickboxing Academy, came out in an interview and said that Khabib is back training with me."

"He said, 'Khabib always goes to practice, but he only trains with me when he's getting ready for a fight.' And that is all I know."

I mean between him retiring and his mother and all, him jumping Belal, and Ramadan it seems pretty slim, BUT that’s a fucking main event for UFC 300 if i’ve ever seen one

Yes, this is true. I have rest of UFC 300 card right here :

Manel Kape vs Israel Adesanya
Tom Aspinall vs Brock Lesnar
Paddy Pimblett vs Ilia Topuria
Ronda Rousey vs Cain Velasquez
Joe Rogan vs Hasbulla for new Manletweight Championship
Tony Ferguson vs Fabricio Werdum
Fedor Emalianenko vs Stipe Miocic for second interim Heavyweight Championship

Enjoy!

I'd fall out of my chair if a Khabib fight was announced. The source is Chael Sonnen though so like -3% chance of this being true.

Don't think it would happen, but if all stars align, why not.....
His father wanted him to retire 30-0, if his mom gives him the green light + if he feels he's just a beast in the gym with full confidence, that's one fight to cement his legendary status even more.

On top of it, that would pissed Canner so bad, and I'm sure Khabib and Ali would enjoy it, as a cherry on the cake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back