Fabricio Werdum on Australian Court Date Over Colby Covington Incident

Colby wants to be "the villain" , "the bad boy", "the gangster", and when someone throws something at him he goes to the police... What a complete idiot.

If Johnny Depp can bring in dogs and get away with it, Werdum can toss a boomerang at Colby and get away with it.

Bringing in unquarantined animals is more dangerous to Australia than a bump on Colby's melon.

But his boomerang throwing technique is going to be highly offensive to the average Australian. It will be hard to find a judge without a strong bias.

Here's what Werdum should have done when he encountered Colby in Australia.

Walked up to him and said, "You say Brazilian's are filthy animals. I am here to prove they are not." Then Werdum should have shook Colby's hand. Then ended with, "And as a Brazilian I apologize on behalf of any of my people who treated you unkindly or with disrespect during your time in our country."

This would have won Werdum mountains of respect and proved he was a martial artist and not a hair-trigger thug street fighter.

Except you have no clue on what happened in that lobby and you are talking out of your pussy ass.

And if it was related to what Colby said in Brazil, how is Colby innocent? How many foreign fighters fought in Brazil and kept their prejudice to themselves?

Colby is a dumbass, and it looks like you are a dumbass too.

Last edited:
Sad thing is the only loser from this scrum is Colby, lost out on a fight check, now is the laughing stock of MMA, nobody will take this guy and his tough talk schtick seriously anymore... tough place to be as an athlete in a non-team sport. Werdum will get a slap on the wrist and a fine, he’ll be able to move on and continue what’s left of the twilight of his career.

Personally I blame the fan who gave the boomerang to Werdum for all of this, he’s an accessory... fuck that guy...lol

Here's what Werdum should have done when he encountered Colby in Australia.

Walked up to him and said, "You say Brazilian's are filthy animals. I am here to prove they are not." Then Werdum should have shook Colby's hand. Then ended with, "And as a Brazilian I apologize on behalf of any of my people who treated you unkindly or with disrespect during your time in our country."

This would have won Werdum mountains of respect and proved he was a martial artist and not a hair-trigger thug street fighter.

I get your point, minus the handshake. I don’t feel a need to shake a persons hand when they have ridiculed my people. But there are civil ways to communicate that you do not appreciate or respect someone’s words or behavior without boomeranging them in the head.

Read again, you spineless, civilized, old and experienced dumb person.

People who express the kind of rage you came out of the gate with against an opinion expressed by a random poster on the internet are either a) immature kids or b) adult losers.

I was just hoping for your sake you were the former.

People who express the kind of rage you came out of the gate with against an opinion expressed by a random poster on the internet are either a) immature kids or b) adult losers.

I was just hoping for your sake you were the former.

What are you? A very smart adult with a kid's avatar? What is ultramanhyata, the new very mature smart intelligent TV show that I've never heard about?

If you want to pose as the smart, quick-witted civilized adult that you think you are, maybe you should create a new account, because your name, avatar and post history denounce you. You will still be writing dumb shit here though, so maybe you should just drop the "i'm mature" persona and write smarter stuff.

If he's lying, and Colby did nothing, he's most likely going to end up with an assault conviction. Assault is a violent crime and subject to entry restrictions in many countries including the US.

As a professional fighter who makes his living fighting all around the world that may prove inconvenient :)
I think you forgot his victim is also "a professional fighter who makes his living fighting all around the world"...
Colby was not injured. it shows he was unharmed by the boomerang throw. He probably gets hit harder at his gym.
It was a bad move by Werdum, but it was a bitch move by Colby.

Pretty much everyone that commits a crime says they didn’t do it. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule but I’m talking about in general you idiot. I shouldn’t have to explain this because it’s common sense.
you & Colby have something in common, bitchy & not particularly bright.

Colby wants to be "the villain" , "the bad boy", "the gangster", and when someone throws something at him he goes to the police... What a complete idiot.

It's called being a troll. You see this a lot in other sports where one guy continually instigates then calls it out to the ref when the opponent reacts. Now next time he sees werdum he can talk even more shit and werdum won't do shit unless he wants to go to jail

Colby had a mark on his face in the video, but the boomerang hit him in the neck/shoulder area.
Very possible Werdum sucker punched him before the boomerang.

Sad thing is the only loser from this scrum is Colby, lost out on a fight check, now is the laughing stock of MMA, nobody will take this guy and his tough talk schtick seriously anymore... tough place to be as an athlete in a non-team sport. Werdum will get a slap on the wrist and a fine, he’ll be able to move on and continue what’s left of the twilight of his career.

Personally I blame the fan who gave the boomerang to Werdum for all of this, he’s an accessory... fuck that guy...lol

Lost out on a fight check?

I think you forgot his victim is also "a professional fighter who makes his living fighting all around the world"...
Colby was not injured. it shows he was unharmed by the boomerang throw. He probably gets hit harder at his gym.
It was a bad move by Werdum, but it was a bitch move by Colby.

Covington could have easily suffered a significant eye injury from the projectile. Or lost his eye completely.

Colby was also punched in the face by Werdum.

I had a friend who was arrested for assault once based on a much lesser demonstration of physical aggression.

Covington could have easily suffered a significant eye injury from the projectile. Or lost his eye completely.

I had a friend who was arrested for assault once based on a much lesser demonstration of physical aggression.

<{nope}> hopeless

1- Use paragraphs dumbass. You should have stayed longer in school.

2- There is no common sense in this issue. Werdum said he was insulted in the lobby, you are choosing to disregard this. Your choice to believe he is lying has fuck all to do with common sense.

3- Colby has not described how it went down. Maybe his silence is telling? But no, you choose to build an image in your head of what happened in that lobby and take that as an "obvious" truth. How the fuck is that the truth? You are selling your speculation as the truth. Seriously, you can't see how idiotic you are?

4- Your extensive life experience transfers to mine, to Werdum's, to Colby's? How does that work? So everything happens according to your life experience? Nothing outside of that can happen?

Fuck, you are dumb.
Lol hell yes I'm going to disregard Werdum saying he was insulted in the lobby. I actually think Werdum is a great guy but what he did was fucked up and obviously he's going to lie about it. That is common sense. Attacking Colby for saying something is no different than attacking an old lady for no reason. It's one of the worst things you can do. Obviously Colby hasn't described what went down because he's smart. There's a lawsuit pending and his lawyers have advised him to stay mute on this issue. That's also common sense. You really have a problem reading between the lines don't you? Why am I always the one that has to hold everyone's hand here on Sherdog? You obviously haven't been in any real life situations like this where someone was attacking you with a boomerang so please shut the fuck up already.

Lol at people wondering if Werdum is telling the truth. He’s not. Colby didn’t go up to Werdum talking shit and the hit him with a low kick. Of course Werdum is lying. Werdum went after Colby because of what he said after his last win. It’s not rocket science and it will be used in court as motive.
He threw a boomerang. This wasn't murder.

Colby could die of cancer as well, but that didn't happen, and the boomerang didn't even touch his face.
You are crying far too much based on what really happened.
Colby was not injured nor bleeding and the only thing that was hurt was probably his pride.

And let us not forget that he was the one who incited all of it. Plenty of times the court can find the bully to be the guilty ones (same as Magana was - though in her case it was cyber-bullying).

So while I do think the court will slap Werdum's hand for the confrontation with some monir punishment (probably cash), they might as well slap Colby's as well for creating this mess (this is not US, and things are viewed differently in different parts of the world).

Back