Fabricio Werdum on Australian Court Date Over Colby Covington Incident

If he's lying, and Colby did nothing, he's most likely going to end up with an assault conviction. Assault is a violent crime and subject to entry restrictions in many countries including the US.

As a professional fighter who makes his living fighting all around the world that may prove inconvenient :)
Oh, like Cyborg ran into all those problems after Magana's suit. And Bisping had to cancel that fight next week since he's being sued for assault as well.

There are levels of assault. Guys who get into scuffles don't get the same charges as guys who wield knives, bats, guns, etc. Another thing...assailants who have money get the opportunity to offset the inconvenience by paying stiff fines. This isn't like you and I having the same incident. And even if it were, I wouldn't be all that concerned about anything other than how much are they gonna make me pay for hitting you with a boomerang.

Oh, like Cyborg ran into all those problems after Magana's suit. And Bisping had to cancel that fight next week since he's being sued for assault as well.

There are levels of assault. Guys who get into scuffles don't get the same charges as guys who wield knives, bats, guns, etc. Another thing...assailants who have money get the opportunity to offset the inconvenience by paying stiff fines. This isn't like you and I having the same incident. And even if it were, I wouldn't be all that concerned about anything other than how much are they gonna make me pay for hitting you with a boomerang.

Magana either didn't really lay charges or withdrew them. Bisping is facing a civil suit, not a criminal charge :)

"In NSW, common assault carries a maximum penalty of 2 years imprisonment. Frequently, individuals are charged where a person assaults another person but does not cause an injury amounting to bodily harm or grievous bodily harm."

https://www.armstronglegal.com.au/criminal-law/offences/assault/common-assault

Last edited:
The thing that makes me doubt Werdum's side of the story is that Colby looked completely shook in that video of the confrontation, keeping his mouth shut, running from Werdum and calling the cops. He looked like a victim, not an instigator.

There were people around the truth will come out.

Lol at people wondering if Werdum is telling the truth. He’s not. Colby didn’t go up to Werdum talking shit and the hit him with a low kick. Of course Werdum is lying. Werdum went after Colby because of what he said after his last win. It’s not rocket science and it will be used in court as motive.

Lol this isn't a movie there will be no trial. Geez lol

Werdum is gonna get the same as I did for petty shit. Disorderly conduct and 100 dollar fine.

Its all a big waste of time

Lol at people wondering if Werdum is telling the truth. He’s not. Colby didn’t go up to Werdum talking shit and the hit him with a low kick. Of course Werdum is lying. Werdum went after Colby because of what he said after his last win. It’s not rocket science and it will be used in court as motive.
you werent there, stop speculating.

The thing that makes me doubt Werdum's side of the story is that Colby looked completely shook in that video of the confrontation, keeping his mouth shut, running from Werdum and calling the cops. He looked like a victim, not an instigator.
That's just how bullies look after being force fed humble pie...

Magana either didn't really lay charges or withdrew them. Bisping is facing a civil suit, not a criminal charge :)
Either way, it's going to get boiled down to a fine. You think Australia is really on some "I don't want either of you guys to come back here & boost our economy for over a week EVER AGAIN!" shit? No. If anything, they'll book their rooms next to each other so they can get into another scuffle & get fined again.

Either way, it's going to get boiled down to a fine. You think Australia is really on some "I don't want either of you guys to come back here & boost our economy for over a week EVER AGAIN!" shit? No. If anything, they'll book their rooms next to each other so they can get into another scuffle & get fined again.

I'm not an Australian legal expert like you, but I can't shake the feeling that he could potentially be in a lot more trouble than you think.

That's just how bullies look after being force fed humble pie...

giphy.gif

The bully in this scenario being the Welterweight who was attacked by the Heavyweight? o_O

That bia was talking shit WHILE running for his life it looks like. He is and always will be a P*SSAYYYY

I'm not an Australian legal expert like you, but I can't shake the feeling that he could potentially be in a lot more trouble than you think.
Nice jab. Not a legal expert, as in a lawyer or paralegal. But I was a dumb kid who had to dance in and out of court for much worse than these two idiots. I had legit assault cases....and a trial once (I won). I had an assault case while on felony probation, which means that I should have been sent to jail. But because of a connected co-defendant from the case that I was on probation for, I was able to avoid jail. Felony probation means that I was sentenced to jail time, but the sentence was suspended in lieu of successfully completing probation. If I violate the probation, I have to serve the initial jail sentence. Now, if I STILL didn't do jail time after violating the probation, why would I think that two known athletes with money would get anything other than fines in a silly ass confrontation like this. This is really some 3rd grade school yard shit, man. No one is going to stop Werdum from travelling & driving the economy in the places he fights over a boomerang scuffle....lol. That shit sounds like an SNL skit.

you werent there, stop speculating.
Pretty much everyone that commits a crime says they didn’t do it. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule but I’m talking about in general you idiot. I shouldn’t have to explain this because it’s common sense.

If he no shows the court date is there anything Australia can do about it? It would make it to where Werdum couldn't go back for a while, but there really would not be lot of legal consequences beyond that. The UFC could fine him or suspend him or something like that though.

giphy.gif

The bully in this scenario being the Welterweight who was attacked by the Heavyweight? o_O
The bully being the person who is repeatedly instigating shit with people who were otherwise minding their own business. What does size have to do with bullying? Did you ever see that video of the kid who got Rampaged by a kid he was bullying? Ironically, that was in Australia too...lolololol. That's just one of MANY incidents where someone smaller in stature was bullying someone larger. Surprised you didn't know that....

Lol at people who think Werdum will fly back hahahahahaha. He’s just saying this so that he doesn’t get stranded in Australia lol. Not that he could be necessarily stopped from flying back, but playing it safe.

Werdum Boomerang Bless.

Werdum is awesome. "2 mins ago I was given a boomerang and it's funny you know, Australia / Boomerang" laughs

Fk Covingsnitch

Nice jab. Not a legal expert, as in a lawyer or paralegal. But I was a dumb kid who had to dance in and out of court for much worse than these two idiots. I had legit assault cases....and a trial once (I won). I had an assault case while on felony probation, which means that I should have been sent to jail. But because of a connected co-defendant from the case that I was on probation for, I was able to avoid jail. Felony probation means that I was sentenced to jail time, but the sentence was suspended in lieu of successfully completing probation. If I violate the probation, I have to serve the initial jail sentence.

You sound like an absolute scumbag o_O

No offence :(

The bully being the person who is repeatedly instigating shit with people who were otherwise minding their own business. What does size have to do with bullying? Did you ever see that video of the kid who got Rampaged by a kid he was bullying? Ironically, that was in Australia too...lolololol. That's just one of MANY incidents where someone smaller in stature was bullying someone larger. Surprised you didn't know that....

Explain how Colby has bullied Werdum please. I assume he must have repeatedly singled him out for physical and/or emotional abuse so please list the occasions in an easy to read format...

Because from where I'm sitting it looks like Werdum simply approached a much smaller guy on the street and attacked him because he disagreed with his socio-political views.

Back