Fabricio Werdum on Australian Court Date Over Colby Covington Incident

He threw a boomerang. This wasn't murder.
No it was just aggravated battery. No big deal. Let's just make it legal where I can get a baseball bat and smack you right in the teeth with it. It wouldn't be murder so it's all good.

Lol hell yes I'm going to disregard Werdum saying he was insulted in the lobby. I actually think Werdum is a great guy but what he did was fucked up and obviously he's going to lie about it. That is common sense. Attacking Colby for saying something is no different than attacking an old lady for no reason. It's one of the worst things you can do. Obviously Colby hasn't described what went down because he's smart. There's a lawsuit pending and his lawyers have advised him to stay mute on this issue. That's also common sense. You really have a problem reading between the lines don't you? Why am I always the one that has to hold everyone's hand here on Sherdog? You obviously haven't been in any real life situations like this where someone was attacking you with a boomerang so please shut the fuck up already.

wall_o__text-blog-full.jpg

You skipped the class about paragraphs. You shouldn't have. I'm not gonna bother reading past the first sentence. Nobody should bother.

People that disregard paragraphs and write walls of text shouldn't have any useful input in anything, really. If you are too dumb to understand the importance of paragraphs, you are too dumb for anything.

Now write in paragraphs like a normal person, or be ignored by everyone like the dumbass you've been up until now.

Lol hell yes I'm going to disregard Werdum saying he was insulted in the lobby. I actually think Werdum is a great guy but what he did was fucked up and obviously he's going to lie about it. That is common sense. Attacking Colby for saying something is no different than attacking an old lady for no reason. It's one of the worst things you can do. Obviously Colby hasn't described what went down because he's smart. There's a lawsuit pending and his lawyers have advised him to stay mute on this issue. That's also common sense. You really have a problem reading between the lines don't you? Why am I always the one that has to hold everyone's hand here on Sherdog? You obviously haven't been in any real life situations like this where someone was attacking you with a boomerang so please shut the fuck up already.

Attacking a professional fighter who is insulting your family and your country with a plastic toy is completely different to attacking an old lady for no reason. How stupid are you? There is no law suit, in Australia you can't sue over stupid shit like shit like this. With a decent lawyer Werdum will get a warning and a good behaviour bond. This means that as long as he doesn't commit any further crime in the next 12 months (or whatever the judge decides) there will be no conviction recorded. His fine will effectively be the lawyer fees.

No it was just aggravated battery. No big deal. Let's just make it legal where I can get a baseball bat and smack you right in the teeth with it. It wouldn't be murder so it's all good.
I do not think it should be legal or something that can't be prosecuted. Exceptions to rules negate the whole rule altogether. But you're talking about motive like this is a murder case. They'll ask him to plead guilty to something very minor and pay a fine. No one is going to trial over this.

Werdum has witnesses. Colby is a liar and a pussy

Perhaps, but werdum also has a propensity to attack and assault people much smaller than him because he felt **gasp** disrespected.

Lucky for him, similar fact evidence is generally more prejudicial than probabtive.

Attacking a professional fighter who is insulting your family and your country with a plastic toy is completely different to attacking an old lady for no reason. How stupid are you? There is no law suit, in Australia you can't sue over stupid shit like shit like this. With a decent lawyer Werdum will get a warning and a good behaviour bond. This means that as long as he doesn't commit any further crime in the next 12 months (or whatever the judge decides) there will be no conviction recorded. His fine will effectively be the lawyer fees.

A few days ago an aggrieved sherdogger made fun of me and my family.

Am I now entitled to assault him or her?

I’m failing to see how attacking a pro fighter is different than attacking an old lady. This sounds discriminating against pro fighters and possibly sexist against men. Look I’m not the one who wrote the laws buddy but in this case I stand by this law. No one has the right to physically attack someone unless they’re being physically attacked themselves.

I’m failing to see how attacking a pro fighter is different than attacking an old lady. This sounds discriminating against pro fighters and possibly sexist against men. Look I’m not the one who wrote the laws buddy but in this case I stand by this law. No one has the right to physically attack someone unless they’re being physically attacked themselves.

A few days ago an aggrieved sherdogger made fun of me and my family.

Am I now entitled to assault him or her?

If you do it in Australia with a plastic toy you'll have to pay thousands in court/lawyer fees to get it dealt with. Not to mention the other headaches of having to go to court. You can't go around attacking people but plastic toy common assault is about as low of a crime as you can get charged with.

The thing that makes me doubt Werdum's side of the story is that Colby looked completely shook in that video of the confrontation, keeping his mouth shut, running from Werdum and calling the cops. He looked like a victim, not an instigator.

Numerous eye-witnesses stated that Colby started the conflict, verbally. And threw a kick at Werdum.

This isn't some random assault between your average citizens, but two ufc fighters, where talking shit and theatrics are commonly used and encouraged to gain attention for marketing and pr purposes.

Did jones or DC file charges, what about Conor or Diaz?

Colby is a bitch.

Colby also fucked up. He fucked up his image and didn't take advantage of the situation in a positive way to raise his stock.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Dana and the ufc lost respect for him as a fighter.

Meanwhile, Werdum is fighting, cashing checks and working on another title shot.

You fucked up colby.

Numerous eye-witnesses stated that Colby started the conflict, verbally. And threw a kick at Werdum.
I bet Covington was terrified of crossing paths with Werdum, and when it finally happened he lashed out like a frightened chihuahua

If you do it in Australia with a plastic toy you'll have to pay thousands in court/lawyer fees to get it dealt with. Not to mention the other headaches of having to go to court. You can't go around attacking people but plastic toy common assault is about as low of a crime as you can get charged with.

I dunno.

I hope the premeditation coupled with lack of remorse finds werdum in hot water.

We can’t have vigilante bully’s with hurt feelings running around trying to hurt people.

Lol at people who think Werdum will fly back hahahahahaha. He’s just saying this so that he doesn’t get stranded in Australia lol. Not that he could be necessarily stopped from flying back, but playing it safe.

Werdum Boomerang Bless.
#Werboomerang

Here's what Werdum should have done when he encountered Colby in Australia.

Walked up to him and said, "You say Brazilian's are filthy animals. I am here to prove they are not." Then Werdum should have shook Colby's hand. Then ended with, "And as a Brazilian I apologize on behalf of any of my people who treated you unkindly or with disrespect during your time in our country."

This would have won Werdum mountains of respect and proved he was a martial artist and not a hair-trigger thug street fighter.
In theory, I'd like that. But in reality, given what I've seen of Colby's recent behavior (which is by no means a claim of knowing anything about him on a personal level), that may have fueled the fire. He may have taken that as a sign of submission & went even harder....or potentially worse, feigned sincere gratitude for the gesture & then turned around & jumped on social media with a different narrative painting Werdum as a "pussy ass bitch who apologized to me after I called his countrymen a bunch of filthy animals." I'm not sure how that would have played out. That's the thing with guys playing characters....you never know when they're to be taken seriously. This whole thing is just goofy as all hell.

I'll bet the whole incident was caught on CCTV. If Werdum's lying he'll be in comedically deep shit :)

In guns terms what werdum did was shoot colby with a nerf gun being held by the barrel not the handle.

Honestly the plastic bag was the more dangerous implement.

Back