Excessive promotion of progressive values ... annoying AF

Diane Bell. Tom Boellstorff. Jack Goody. Gilbert Herdt. Don Kulick. Roger Lancaster. Louise Lamphere.

Need I go on?

Same-sex marriages go back to ancient Greece, Rome, Mesopotamia, China, and other places across the globe. Pan Zhang and Wang Zhonxian is a major Song Dynasty story of male partners.

If Christians want to follow their own marriage values for themselves, that's perfectly fine. It's when you start imposing those same values on the rest of the nation that it becomes a problem. Especially when your own history of marriage includes sex slavery being fine.

Same sex marriage in Rome and Greece ?

Sources please, because you are mistaking homosexuality for marriage.

You can name as many scientists as you want. I don't really care what they think of gay marriage. I can list a bunch of intelligent people who think marriage is between a man and a woman. Is that going to change your mind? Marriage between a man and a woman is not the same as marriage between two people of the same sex.

How are Christians imposing their definition of marriage on the USA? Last time I checked gays can get legally get married in the United States of America.

Yes, gays can get married in the United States of America, no thanks to Christians. They can thank the rest of the normal Americans with logic and common sense for that victory. They can thank Christians for making their lifestyle illegal for decades.

Can you list a half dozen leading scientists in the field? Because I fucking did. You wanted scientists, so I gave you half a dozen off the top of my head and now you're going to dismiss them. Way to jump ship off that so quick.

Same sex marriage in Rome and Greece ?

Sources please, because you are mistaking homosexuality for marriage.

Nero literally married Sporus of Nicaea, a young man.

What is there to read when it comes to all of this nonsense? It's called having common sense. I will break it down for you. There are two genders; male and female. A man who thinks he is a woman is mentally ill. A man will always biologically be a man regardless of how many hormones he takes or surgeries he gets.

I guess the collective body of scientists who spent decades of their life researching this have no common sense compared to you, who's spent fifteen minutes on imright.com

What is there to read when it comes to all of this nonsense? It's called having common sense. I will break it down for you. There are two genders; male and female. A man who thinks he is a woman is mentally ill. A man will always biologically be a man regardless of how many hormones he takes or surgeries he gets.

Wow, just look at that back track. You went from "where are these experts" to "it's common sense" in a single post. A truly epic retreat.

I enjoy this backwards logic where people think advertisers are forcing these progressive values down our throats, when in reality they are simply reacting to what the vast majority wants. The rest of you who are bitching are the same ones who've been shoving your values down the rest of our throats for decades so you can kindly shut the fuck up. I've been listening to how your conservative Christian ideology is the right way to live for decades. Stop being a fucking hypocrite. The world has moved past your 1950's Mayberry worldview and it's not going back.

The advertisers are going to the market, not the other way around.

Took a while, but someone "gets" it.

I'd love to hear someone expound on the idea of a unified oligarchy pursuing a social engineering agenda. Jesus Christ.

I guess the collective body of scientists who spent decades of their life researching this have no common sense compared to you, who's spent fifteen minutes on imright.com

I did not realize that science automatically equals truth.

Wow, just look at that back track. You went from "where are these experts" to "it's common sense" in a single post. A truly epic retreat.

It's not a backtrack. I was just curious about who some of these so-called experts are.

Oh but you have the truth because you feel it in your gut?

I have common sense. It does not take science to know that a man cannot be a woman. All you have done is placed your blind faith in science instead of God.

It's not a backtrack. I was just curious about who some of these so-called experts are.

A very good number of physiologist and psychologists. All it takes it is to do some research on the studies done on Transgenderism and homosexuality to find them.

It was a backtrack. You went from talking about experts to common sense. That is what people do when they realize people in the know disagree with their position.

I have common sense. It does not take science to know that a man cannot be a woman. All you have done is placed your blind faith in science instead of God.

Even scientists and liberals understand that a genetic male cannot become a genetic female. The only person arguing that is you. We aren't fucking idiots.

Could be worse!
Just be glad they didn't show a bunch of trannies on TV and in your magazine, otherwise you would've been flying on rainbow airlines.

Even scientists and liberals understand that a genetic male cannot become a genetic female. The only person arguing that is you. We aren't fucking idiots.

You shouldn't be so confident about that.

A very good number of physiologist and psychologists. All it takes it is to do some research on the studies done on Transgenderism and homosexuality to find them.

It was a backtrack. You went from talking about experts to common sense. That is what people do when they realize people in the know disagree with their position.

Call it what you want. Yes, I do disagree with the so-called experts.

You shouldn't be so confident about that.

Why, is your gut telling you different again? :rolleyes:

Why don't you worry about answering a single one of my questions I posed to you in this discussion before you worry about my intelligence.

Yes, gays can get married in the United States of America, no thanks to Christians. They can thank the rest of the normal Americans with logic and common sense for that victory. They can thank Christians for making their lifestyle illegal for decades.

Can you list a half dozen leading scientists in the field? Because I fucking did. You wanted scientists, so I gave you half a dozen off the top of my head and now you're going to dismiss them. Way to jump ship off that so quick.

Nero literally married Sporus of Nicaea, a young man.

I admit that I did not know that.

That being said, Neron was a monstruous sexual freak.

Can you name other instances? I doubt very much that it was anything remotely common.

Call it what you want. Yes, I do disagree with the so-called experts.

Oh, so now they are "so-called" experts. Of course you are basing your disagreement on common sense. The problem with common sense is that it is common. I will take uncommon sense, you know the kind that is backup by research and data.

I admit that I did not know that.

That being said, Neron was a monstruous sexual freak.

Can you name other instances? I doubt very much that it was anything remotely common.

Roman Emperor Elagabalus called his male slave Hierocles his husband and later married a man named Zoticus.

There's not a lot of records at the time because legal marriage was only between Roman citizens, but there were many instances of marriage that didn't have legal standing due to what was considered a citizen. At the time a Roman male citizen couldn't marry a non-citizen female either, so you have to take that into context when considering same-sex marriage. Different-sex marriage was under weird standards then too.

And yes, Nero was a real freak. I remember a story where he snatched up some Senator's wife during a feast and took her back to bang her out, then came back and bragged about it to the whole dinner.

Back