Excessive promotion of progressive values ... annoying AF

Dude, are you really going to sit here and suggest that there isn't dissension on this subject? That it is just universally accepted that homosexuality and transexuality are totally "normal" and natural behaviors for people to partake in, and the no actual mental health professionals deviate from that line of thought? And you're acting like the other guy is a quack? For real?

Can you name a single respected scientific organization that holds dissenting views?

There is certain scientific research being given a stronger emphasis because of dominant progressive groups pushing a specific ideology and narrative relating to identity and gender.

I'm not dismissing science. I think it is an incredible discipline, but as I already said, I don't take it as the word of God especially when it relates to social justice fads.

What scientists have discovered about biology in relation to gender isn't a social fad.

I'm not dismissing science. I think it is an incredible discipline, but as I already said, I don't take it as the word of God especially when it relates to social justice fads.

Well I hope not. Science has far more credibility then the word of God.

Can you name a single respected scientific organization that holds dissenting views? .

Uh, yeah. Is John Hopkins University a good enough one for you? This is literally nothing but leftist propoganda. Focusing in on THE MOST extreme minorities you can find and attempting to attach victimhood where there isn't any, and then turn that into the political issue at the forefront of everything, then attach some sort of hatred to opposition to it is straight out of the Obama Democrat playbook.

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/docLib/20160819_TNA50SexualityandGender.pdf

What scientists have discovered about biology in relation to gender isn't a social fad.

Dude, what you just said is a social fad. How you can't see that is beyond me.

Can you name a single respected scientific organization that holds dissenting views?

Most institutions of higher learning are dominated by a leftist ideology that influences what is studied and the conclusions those studies reach. I think you are underestimating the connection between culture, politics and how that influences science. Scientists are human beings. They are not immune from biases and influences coming from the larger culture. I think it is important to remain skeptical when it comes to science and the sex claims, especially when you have leftist groups aggressively pushing this stuff on the society through politics and media. I'm going to go with my gut on this one and remain skeptical.

What is the scientific view on trannys as per your perspective?

The reality is that nobody cares how you want to identify. We care that laws are being passed that legislates our speech. In Canada, it has become illegal to deny your own children if they want to transition. We simply want Liberal values intact. So forgive me if I'm suspicious at your objectivity when in this discussion, you think the bigger problem is that private stores aren't selling you whiskey on Sunday morning, so Christians are the real enemy. This is number one B.S.

Most institutions of higher learning are dominated by a leftist ideology that influences what is studied and the conclusions those studies reach. I think you are underestimating the connection between culture, politics and how that influences science. Scientists are human beings. They are not immune from biases and influences coming from the larger culture. I think it is important to remain skeptical when it comes to science and the sex claims, especially when you have leftist groups aggressively pushing this stuff on the society through politics and media. I'm going to go with my gut on this one and remain skeptical.

What book is the McCarthy quote from?

Uh, yeah. Is John Hopkins University a good enough one for you? This is literally nothing but leftist propoganda. Focusing in on THE MOST extreme minorities you can find and attempting to attach victimhood where there isn't any, and then turn that into the political issue at the forefront of everything, then attach some sort of hatred to opposition to it is straight out of the Obama Democrat playbook.

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/docLib/20160819_TNA50SexualityandGender.pdf

It's funny you bring that as the example, since The New Atlantis is known as a conservative Christian publication that regularly denies most modern science. It's literally not even a peer-reviewed publication. It's an opinion piece in a shit "journal" run by Christians. John Hopkins and their community disagrees with this paper.

https://www.advocate.com/commentary...y-sexuality-gender-neither-new-nor-scientific

"The pair contended that neither sexual orientation nor gender identity is biologically determined. Although the New Atlantis is a small publication, the report dismayed many in the Hopkins medical community and beyond. Those included Dean Hamer, a scientist at the National Institutes of Health for several decades and one of the first researchers to identify a genetic link to homosexuality. Hamer termed some of the authors’ statements “pure balderdash.”

The paper gained traction with conservative media, however.

“People began citing the New Atlantis article as a reason to support legislation against transgender people,” said Tonia Poteat, a Hopkins epidemiologist who is an expert on transgender issues.

The result: In October, Poteat and a half-dozen colleagues at the university’s Bloomberg School of Public Health denounced the report, writing that it “mischaracterizes the current state of the science on sexuality and gender.” More than 600 students, faculty members, interns, alumni and others at the medical school also signed a petition calling on the university and hospital to disavow the paper.

“These are dated, now-discredited theories,” said Chris Beyrer, a professor at the public health school and part of the faculty group that denounced McHugh’s stance."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...7d9f521f6b5_story.html?utm_term=.4d562eab33d2

https://thinkprogress.org/about-that-not-born-this-way-study-b3e07d0354f5

2 people releasing a non-peer reviewed paper in a conservative Christian publication is hardy the same thing as John Hopkins University making the claim.

lol the house frau devout pessimist is getting whooped ITT

Well I hope not. Science has far more credibility then the word of God.

giphy.gif

What is the scientific view on trannys as per your perspective?

The reality is that nobody cares how you want to identify. We care that laws are being passed that legislates our speech. In Canada, it has become illegal to deny your own children if they want to transition. We simply want Liberal values intact. So forgive me if I'm suspicious at your objectivity when in this discussion, you think the bigger problem is that private stores aren't selling you whiskey on Sunday morning, so Christians are the real enemy. This is number one B.S.

The general consensus is that they have mental disorder that there's no psychological treatment for. The best course of action for a healthy and happy life when psychological treatment inevitably fails is to do what you can surgically to give them a semblance of a normal life. That's based on decades of treatment and data from thousands of scientists. I'll trust that more than your gut feeling until you can show some peer reviewed data.

The general consensus is that they have mental disorder that there's no psychological treatment for. The best course of action for a healthy and happy life when psychological treatment inevitably fails is to do what you can surgically to give them a semblance of a normal life. That's based on decades of treatment and data from thousands of scientists. I'll trust that more than your gut feeling until you can show some peer reviewed data.

What gut feeling?

This conversation breaks down into two parts- the nature of the illness, and the legality of it. The biology speaks for itself as far as I'm concerned, and frankly, it's not as important as our rights.

Again, nobody cares if you think you're a fairy or a unicorn, just don't pass laws that infringe on our rights. Have sex with who you want, and be what you want, just leave me and my family out of it. Can we agree on that?

What gut feeling?

This conversation breaks down into two parts- the nature of the illness, and the legality of it. The biology speaks for itself as far as I'm concerned, and frankly, it's not as important as our rights.

Again, nobody cares if you think you're a fairy or a unicorn, just don't pass laws that infringe on our rights. Have sex with who you want, and be what you want, just leave me and my family out of it. Can we agree on that?

I'm not sure if you're trying to say that transgender people deserve their rights or that by them having rights, it somehow infringes on yours?

Did you count the number of references to heterosexuals and conventionally attractive people in the media available at De Gaulle as well? I don't know if admitting that gay people exist and marketing towards them counts as pushing progressive values.

I'm not sure if you're trying to say that transgender people deserve their rights or that by them having rights, it somehow infringes on yours?

Of course transfolk deserve rights. Demanding that I recognize your reality is not a right. Teaching my children that there are more than 2 genders and demanding that they abide by this doctrine by law is not a right. Demanding that you be allowed into a women's health club even though you have a penis is not a right. Telling me that I have to give my child hormones if they demand it is not a right.

Be whatever you want, just leave me out of it. It's not a difficult concept or a radical request, it's a pillar of classical liberalism.

Of course transfolk deserve rights. Demanding that I recognize your reality is not a right. Teaching my children that there are more than 2 genders and demanding that they abide by this doctrine by law is not a right. Demanding that you be allowed into a women's health club even though you have a penis is not a right. Telling me that I have to give my child hormones if they demand it is not a right.

Be whatever you want, just leave me out of it. It's not a difficult concept or a radical request, it's a pillar of classical liberalism.

In reality none of those violate your rights.

Worth a read? I'm a big fan of the Sunset Limited.

I have never read it. I found the passage from an Amazon review. I am currently reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. It is quite violent and unforgiving.

In reality none of those violate your rights.

Semantics aside, you know I'm right. Transfolk pushing what I described are unreasonable and illiberal. You live your life, I live mine. I don't tell you what to say or to believe, don't tell me.

I have never read it. I found the passage from an Amazon review. I am currently reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. It is quite violent and unforgiving.

I'll put it on my list.

Sunset Limited is classic good versus evil personified.

Back