*EDIT* False alarm, the standard guillotine is still allowed (outside of Australia)

So it seems it's only down under that the rules get screwed up :-(

lol, check this video of my first match at this years vics...

@ the 53second mark i sweep him from deep half and he tries to lock in a no arm guillotine only to be told by the ref (and soem random guy in the background) thats its not allowed...

to be fair though i was never in any danger as he was not controlling the space or squeezing on my neck at all, just mildly neck cranking me

lol, check this video of my first match at this years vics...

@ the 53second mark i sweep him from deep half and he tries to lock in a no arm guillotine only to be told by the ref (and soem random guy in the background) thats its not allowed...

to be fair though i was never in any danger as he was not controlling the space or squeezing on my neck at all, just mildly neck cranking me

man, your videographer is terrible... you need a tripod

man, your videographer is terrible... you need a tripod

yeah true... its the first comp i've bothered to have anyone film any matches for and it was just a teammate on his standard digital still camera..

i think for panpacs i'll try and get better footage done :redface:

...If I wasn't at work I'd post a rage filled picture. Someone please do it for me. I've got that "Angry Video Game Nerd about to go into shitstorm rant" face on.
nerdrage1.jpg

I'm glad it appears to be bullshit.

... according to this thread, anyway:

MMA Underground Forums

It seems that from now on, only arm-in guillotines will be allowed. I realize that guillotines aren't the most common subs in competition with the gi, but can you imagine BJJ without, say, the threat of a standing guillotine? Double legs are about to get sloppier ...

Somewhere Renzo Gracie and Ricardo Almeida are pissed...and maybe Joe Stevenson, if he teaches anywhere...

I have a video on youtube from the AZSBJJF explaining a lot about the rules and regulations of the IBJJF. We try to explain the rules as much as we can, since all the AZSBJJF tournaments use IBJJF Regulations. This also helps to prevent people from AZ to travel all the way to California to get DQ in something that they didn't know.

AZBJJF Rules and Regulations Videos

What, so I can't double leg people with impunity after all? Aww ...

Little off-topic, but that chart some pages back says wristlocks for adult white belts is illegal, is this true?

Hope that's not true,

Although it would certainly improve the success rate of my shitty double :D

Even though I am just a lowly blue, I am beginning to hate what the IBJJF stands for more and more everyday. I am especially not a fan of the creator, and this rule change, though absolutely retarded, is not out of character. Expect more shit like this to be implemented, and I guarantee, that the straight ankle lock will go in the next year or so. I really wish someone had enough cash to start a rival tournament to the worlds/pan-ams that carry the same amount of prestige, without all these annoying rules and money hungry BS/politics. Hopefully ADCC pro takes off, but unfortunately IBJJF has Brazil on lock down.

Even though I am just a lowly blue, I am beginning to hate what the IBJJF stands for more and more everyday. I am especially not a fan of the creator, and this rule change, though absolutely retarded, is not out of character. Expect more shit like this to be implemented, and I guarantee, that the straight ankle lock will go in the next year or so. I really wish someone had enough cash to start a rival tournament to the worlds/pan-ams that carry the same amount of prestige, without all these annoying rules and money hungry BS/politics. Hopefully ADCC pro takes off, but unfortunately IBJJF has Brazil on lock down.

Rather than getting angry, maybe you should realize that this rule "change" is not happening. From my earlier post:

******THIS IS OFFICIALLY NOT TRUE******

No arm guillotines are still allowed, there has been no rule change. I didn't read past the first few pages to see if you guys found this out already or not. But I had Draculino call this in and about 2 minutes ago he called and he talked to "Alvaro Mansur" personally, who is the Chief Ref for IBJJF. He confirmed that it is a rumor that is untrue and he is unsure where or how it started.

Please post this information where you can. Thanks guys.

ttt. More confirmation from thefightworks:

Guillotine Submission in IBJJF Tournaments : The FightWorks Podcast | Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) Radio and News

Mansur responded:

Caleb, the rules don

... according to this thread, anyway:

MMA Underground Forums

It seems that from now on, only arm-in guillotines will be allowed. I realize that guillotines aren't the most common subs in competition with the gi, but can you imagine BJJ without, say, the threat of a standing guillotine? Double legs are about to get sloppier ...

This rule is for both Gi and No-Gi, and it's in australia only, AFBJJ rules.

noob question but i dont really get it whats the difference between a standard guillotine (not allowed) and an arm in. Is the arm in one kind of like an arm triangle guillotine?

I have a video on youtube from the AZSBJJF explaining a lot about the rules and regulations of the IBJJF. We try to explain the rules as much as we can, since all the AZSBJJF tournaments use IBJJF Regulations. This also helps to prevent people from AZ to travel all the way to California to get DQ in something that they didn't know.

AZBJJF Rules and Regulations Videos

That's a sweet little video GD. I'd also like to see something from the IBJJF (or you guys?) that actually goes over what's legal and illegal with respect to the different submissions. Something that EVERYONE could look at and say "this ankle lock is legal for everyone. This one is only legal for brown and black. This choke is okay for kids, but not this one," etc. etc. Especially a nice visual of what is and isn't reaping the knee (as I still see BLACK BELTS getting DQ'ed every once in awhile on that one!)

(BTW, nice showing at the Fabio tourny with only 10 guys. I got to score Steve's matches. I really like his style.)

That's a sweet little video GD. I'd also like to see something from the IBJJF (or you guys?) that actually goes over what's legal and illegal with respect to the different submissions. Something that EVERYONE could look at and say "this ankle lock is legal for everyone. This one is only legal for brown and black. This choke is okay for kids, but not this one," etc. etc. Especially a nice visual of what is and isn't reaping the knee (as I still see BLACK BELTS getting DQ'ed every once in awhile on that one!)

(BTW, nice showing at the Fabio tourny with only 10 guys. I got to score Steve's matches. I really like his style.)

I do have two videos about this...

YouTube - Restrictions (illegal moves) Kids Division

YouTube - Restrictions (illegal moves) Adults

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back