Early UFC #229 Estimate Is ...

If i was poirier id want a McGregor fight more than a title shot

Guaranteed big money, and at least has somewhat of a chance

Conor wouldn't sign for that fight now though
but dustin?
Hell yeah

Hematch, Guaranteed now.

Thanks @FrankieNYC

If the UFC is smart, they should book Khabib's team mate with the red shirt that jumped into the cage during the brawl and have him fight in the main card against Artem or one of Conor's training partners. The casuals already know him as the "guy with red shirt that jumped Conor."

Nah
I bet DW & WME want him to be penalized a bit. That way they can say "It was the NSAC"
Suspend him 4-6 months & he main events vs Conor in July & they do 3m
July is just after Ramadan, no fighting for khabib in summer

2.4m buys would put it at number 4 all time.
1. May/Pac 4.6M
2. May/Mac 4.3M
3. May/DLH 2.48M

That did much better than most expected. The rematch will do even more crazy numbers.

He will never reach Floyd's numbers on ppv and in the bank account. Floyd made 30 mill for selling 300k ppv sith Berto and Connie sid the same with 2.35 mill ppv in the biggest right in the historyczne lol
So?

It has to be expected, that's great.

UFC 100 is far, far behind.

Man that is a lot of casuals who saw their hero get demolished

I think its laughable people think the rematch will do better. Have you talked to a casual since the fight? Mcgregor is a joke to people now. After Two high profile losses in a row, they would be smart to put him as a co main to rebuild him with an easy opponent. I hated going to work on monday and having everyone at the office tell me what they thought cause im the mma guy. The brawl after just made everything worse.

There was a relatively small amount of people at the event, far more watched at home
and you think the makeup of the audience buying the event was the complete opposite of those at the weigh ins and the event?

conor is a star and most who watched aren't following his every move like shertards do. i don't doubt that many wanted to see him lose but he's not this universally hated athlete.

Meltzer (from his newsletter);
Early estimates are more than 2,350,000 buys, with the expectation the number will top 2.4 million.
Added:
1.9 million when it comes to traditional PPV, and around 470,000 to 480,000 estimated on streaming buys.

@Myrddin Wild

Always coming clutch with the numbers.
Very impressive numbers for UFC.

Back