UFC 196
McGregor vs. Diaz

UFC 205
Alvarez vs. McGregor

UFC 100
Lesnar vs. Mir

UFC 194
Aldo vs. McGregor

Funny how the hypocrite media kept media trashing the UFC for using the bus footage as promotion by saying "The UFC reaped what they sowed" I guess they did and what they reaped was the highest PPV numbers by a mile. I bet you those same media sites had a full week of coverage of the same bus footage also.

i wouldnt be shocked if the rematch gets into mayweather mcgregor numbers.

My thoughts ...
The post fight stuff will put it near 3m
It depends how crazy the build-up for rematch gets

The more I think about it, the more I think Conor won't get as crazy.
Without that I don't think it hits 4m

i wouldnt be shocked if the rematch gets into mayweather mcgregor numbers.
Ye

I know it wouldnt be deserved and all that nonsense but it would be absolutely fking mega and so many non ufc casuals would even turn in just to see another brawl after.

Without sounding a prick, if they absolutely butchered a cpl of the protagonists and Slapped Khabib with a huge fine (even if it was fake but to the public) that'd gain even more media coverage keeping the incident alive and stopping people like my Mrs thinking it's just fake like wwe and pow - they'd go into super figures.

Funny how the hypocrite media kept media trashing the UFC for using the bus footage as promotion by saying "The UFC reaped what they sowed" I guess they did and what they reaped was the highest PPV numbers by a mile. I bet you those same media sites had a full week of coverage of the same bus footage also.

Agreed
They used the headlines to make money too

Thanks
If it was a difference of 1/2 million? I can see him taking the lesser fight.
But after the next fight, he will be setting up his family for life & if he beats Conor again decisively, he will go down as a legend in MMA & Prize Fighting.
That is a legacy.
Sherdoggers want him to fight Tony
the rest of the world wants to see the next chapter with Conor (after the post fight stuff)
Yeah I think Khabib is now in the position that he will get, to some degree, what he wants. He doesn't (yet) have the draw-value of McG but in the UFC-world of 2018 where they are hunting HARD for new stars.... Khabib is a rising star and that is to be valued, from a UFC perspective.

Exited UFC star fighters, in recent times from UFC perspective :
Miesha Tate
Ronda Rousey
Michael Bisping
Dan Cormier (not yet, but soon)
Jon Jones (ex-communicated, now re-habbed, til he fucks up again)
Rumble Johnson
Brock Lesnar (off and on!)
Cain Velasquez (hasn't fought in 27years, approximately, likely about to go to WWE)
Max Holloway (still there, but kinda unreliable from medical perspective)
Anderson Silva (78years old, not what he was, now essentially an exhibition-fighter)

So...the flip side is.... any new rising star gets major UFC attention. They need it.

Yeah I think Khabib is now in the position that he will get, to some degree, what he wants. He doesn't (yet) have the draw-value of McG but in the UFC-world of 2018 where they are hunting HARD for new stars.... Khabib is a rising star and that is to be valued, from a UFC perspective.

Exited UFC star fighters, in recent times from UFC perspective :
Miesha Tate
Ronda Rousey
Michael Bisping
Dan Cormier (not yet, but soon)
Jon Jones (ex-communicated, now re-habbed, til he fucks up again)
Rumble Johnson
Brock Lesnar (off and on!)
Cain Velasquez (hasn't fought in 27years, approximately, likely about to go to WWE)
Max Holloway (still there, but kinda unreliable from medical perspective)
Anderson Silva (78years old, not what he was, now essentially an exhibition-fighter)

So...the flip side is.... any new rising star gets major UFC attention. They need it.

Agreed
Khabib is a stud

That is what I tried to tell people claiming "UFC is dead" (even though they made record profits) lol

You never know where the next star comes from.

Conor wouldn't draw that on his own. It was the rivalry and drama and how dangerous an opponent Khabib was.
I'd give Khabib a little credit in that he brings in the Muslim audience which helped maybe add a few extra hundred K but Conor is responsible for the vast majority of the buys, it would have done 2mill on his return fight with just about anybody.

Extremely impressive numbers considering he did very little promotion too.

i think Khabib is now as big a star as GSP. I dont think he can generate as much revenue as Conor but I think he could be at GSP's level now.

if he fought tony ferguson i think it would generate atleast 650k buys.

i think Khabib is now as big a star as GSP. I dont think he can generate as much revenue as Conor but I think he could be at GSP's level now.

Agreed
Difference is GSP is Canadian & they have PPV

But I think if they go with T-Ferg & Khabib that 650k is possible
If it does more I'd give credit to Tony going crazy leading up to fight
That is the unknown

Dana White agrees with you. They know that MOST of the PPV buys for UFC229 were McG-generated......
.....BUT..... a significant contribution was made by his opponent, and that has not gone un-noticed.

And also... I can almost guarantee you that, from a business perspective, Khabib is a helluva simpler to deal with than McG. Not that, ultimately that matters too much, but it doesn't hurt any.

UFC will know that, the post-fight brawl is, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, just additional future Gold-dust raining down on their heads.

Hate on Conor all you want, but he just keeps setting the bar higher and higher. He's smashing the old records.

Two years off and his first fight back he does this.
It's really incredible.
Those are insane PPV numbers. Wow.
He will never reach Floyd's numbers on ppv and in the bank account. Floyd made 30 mill for selling 300k ppv sith Berto and Connie sid the same with 2.35 mill ppv in the biggest right in the historyczne lol

Conor wouldn't draw that on his own. It was the rivalry and drama and how dangerous an opponent Khabib was.

Conor fighting my grandmother would do 1.5m buys dude. Khabib fighting Tony would probably do 700k buys. That's the difference.

Conor has 5 of top 6 fights

UFC 229
Khabib vs. McGregor

UFC 202
Diaz vs. McGregor 2

UFC 196
McGregor vs. Diaz

UFC 205
Alvarez vs. McGregor

UFC 100
Lesnar vs. Mir

UFC 194
Aldo vs. McGregor

UFC is dying though

Meltzer:
Early estimates are more than 2,350,000 buys, with the expectation the number will top 2.4 million.
Added:
1.9 million when it comes to traditional PPV, and around 470,000 to 480,000 estimated on streaming buys.

@Myrddin Wild
Sweet! Do I win a prize for my estimate prior to the event being so close? I called for 2,317,000 :p

Conor has 5 of top 6 fights

UFC 229
Khabib vs. McGregor

UFC 202
Diaz vs. McGregor 2

UFC 196
McGregor vs. Diaz

UFC 205
Alvarez vs. McGregor

UFC 100
Lesnar vs. Mir

UFC 194
Aldo vs. McGregor
Perfect storm for UFC to add to this list would be for Khabib to be suspended into Ramadan or further & so Dana strips him of the title (Karma for how he got the first belt) then Conor fights Ferg. No matter who wins, that makes next summer's Khabib fight that much juicier no matter who wins between Conor & Ferg.

At such a time as Conor loses his next one... he's alwayz got the Nate fight on deck... & for that matter Portier too. If Khabib does not receive a suspension, then Conor goes into camp with Khabib & Ferg & is prepared to step in when one of them drops out. Maybe put Conor vs. the winner of Nate & Portier as the next event after Khabib vs Tony & then scrap the main if Conor needs to step in for khabib or tony. or if Conor gets a quick KO.... he fights both! :eek:

All that said, a suspension seems likely for Khabib.. so Conor vs. Tony is most likely next.

So many wayz it can go for the future.

Dana White agrees with you. They know that MOST of the PPV buys for UFC229 were McG-generated......
.....BUT..... a significant contribution was made by his opponent, and that has not gone un-noticed.

It was the perfect fight at the perfect time
The dolly incident was huge
khabib being undefeated and the opposite of Conor certainly added to it

Now Khabib is a star so the rematch will be epic

Last edited:
Perfect storm for UFC to add to this list would be for Khabib to be suspended into Ramadan or further & so Dana strips him of the title (Karma for how he got the first belt) then Conor fights Ferg. No matter who wins, that makes next summer's Khabib fight that much juicier no matter who wins between Conor & Ferg.

At such a time as Conor loses his next one... he's alwayz got the Nate fight on deck... & for that matter Portier too. If Khabib does not receive a suspension, then Conor goes into camp with Khabib & Ferg & is prepared to step in when one of them drops out. Maybe put Conor vs. the winner of Nate & Portier as the next event after Khabib vs Tony & then scrap the main if Conor needs to step in for khabib or tony. or if Conor gets a quick KO.... he fights both! :eek:

All that said, a suspension seems likely for Khabib.. so Conor vs. Tony is most likely next.

So many wayz it can go for the future.

IDK man
I think its Khabib vs Conor next
Unless Khabib gets a year

Back