Early UFC #229 Estimate Is ...

Good for Conor but holy shit did he drop after that massive and insulting shit talk to Khabib who then owned him and his camp.

"If you got off that bus you'd be dead"

Jesus shut the fuck up... Conor was embarassing and got owned like a high school bully. No rematch. Move on.

Irish Edmund trained to "not lose" the fight? Pathetic.

and you think the makeup of the audience buying the event was the complete opposite of those at the weigh ins and the event?

conor is a star and most who watched aren't following his every move like shertards do. i don't doubt that many wanted to see him lose but he's not this universally hated athlete.

i know bruh

i was only kidding to get a rise out of ya

4658A33100000578-5082385-image-a-42_1510684876701.jpg

i wonder if a rematch would get more buys now that there is more bad blood. Two controversial fighters

i wonder if a rematch would get more buys now that there is more bad blood. Two controversial fighters
Maybe if Conor showed a change in his training, and brings in world class wrestlers.

Nobody wants a Rousey situation again.

2.35million is a very impressive number for PPV buys in 2018.

Dana will be smiling, he's all about the numbers.

Dana phone call :
"Hey, NSAC, call the fucking dogs off..... Khabib done good. Fine him 50K and 2weeks suspension, we're good. Bank deposit in the Cayman Islands went through 2hours ago. Catch ya soon dudes."

You forgot where Dayna told them that Jones is fighting in a bit, so look the other way for a few months.

2.4m buys would put it at number 4 all time.
1. May/Pac 4.6M
2. May/Mac 4.3M
3. May/DLH 2.48M

That did much better than most expected. The rematch will do even more crazy numbers.

Those numbers pretty much guarantee a rematch...I'd like to see more time be given to train...they only had what 8 weeks for the first fight? That's why I predicted a spring time rematch...conor absolutely has to be more offensive and not try and let khabib tire himself out...Kavanaugh on the rogan show said, their plan was to not resist too much on the ground..don't try to get up...don't gas out..just let the round end...do the same for round 2, cause after that khabib isn't as effective after that in getting guys down....I think that was a bad decision...conor needs to be much more offensive minded and not stay on the ground at all...Hopefully, the rematch will be far more competitive.

Thanks Frankie, I kinda want this to beat out DLH vs May

If the UFC is smart, they should book Khabib's team mate with the red shirt that jumped into the cage during the brawl and have him fight in the main card against Artem or one of Conor's training partners. The casuals already know him as the "guy with red shirt that jumped Conor."
The craziest part of all of this shit is he was literally scheduled to fight on the next UFC against Artem. I saw the bout was still active as of last night. I'm assuming they cancelled it today as Khalibeeb is all pissed off

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-moncton-2018?f1=Artem-Lobov&f2=Zubaira-Tukhugov

So Khabib's worth around 800k PPV's. Not bad my man...not bad.
I understand how you come up with this number ( by substracting the previous highest Conor's UFC fight). But that would only be true if everybody bought the PPV based purely on conor, nothing on Nate. I think Nate could account for at least 200k. This would bring Khabib's numbers around 1 mil. I'm sure after 229, Khabib will be worth more than 1 mil.

I understand how you come up with this number ( by substracting the previous highest Conor's UFC fight). But that would only be true if everybody bought the PPV based purely on conor, nothing on Nate. I think Nate could account for at least 200k. This would bring Khabib's numbers around 1 mil. I'm sure after 229, Khabib will be worth more than 1 mil.

He might be a bigger draw than GSP or Brock ever were.

Thats crazy. Almost a million more.

It's pretty obvious who deserves the next title shot but I would not be surprised if they did the rematch.

That Mayweather fight really brought a lot of new eyes to the sport.

I still hope Tony gets the next shot. Guess we have to see what Nevada has in store for Khabib and Conor first.

Back