Dungeons and Dragons v5 Just released.

I switched to Pathfinder a while ago. I wonder if it's worth switching back.

2nd edition is the GOAT of DnD engines, imo.

Errybody in this thread should give AGOT's tabletop a go though, it's pretty great.

A lot of people think this new edition is like 2E. I can see that. But without THAC0, thank god.

i love the forgotten realms novels but none of my friends are nerdy enough to play with me

i run some long running "choose your own adventure" D&D based roleplaying threads on other forums, bout as close as i get to playing on an actual board

hope v5 doesnt rape the novelization though, similar to when they changed the orc class so they had to shoehorn in storylines of the world falling apart and dwarves/orcs being forced to join together

i wish someone on here would set up a campaign for us. lol. hell it could be done over skype.

i run some on other forums. the "choose your own adventure" style works well online, but i wouldnt have the time to be the DM of another game online. and sherdog posters arent consistent enough to keep a game going imo. it would be a bunch of transient posters coming in and out

very similar to this all-time GOAT thread

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/greg-jackson-ufc-3-a-1015577/

btw, if the thread happens, i call artemis entreri or jarlaxle. even if i have to be nerfed

Wtf year is this? I had no idea people still played D&D.

Jarlaxle would have to be seriously under powered to be playable. He was one of the most fun characters in the books. Had some Batman level prep time thing going too.

Jarlaxle would have to be seriously under powered to be playable. He was one of the most fun characters in the books. Had some Batman level prep time thing going too.

would have to take away most of his ridiculous assortment of enchanted items, considering they also made him an elite swordsman and a mastermind

definitely couldnt give him bregan d'aerthe or every battle would be "call your friends to psionically kill everyone"

made for some amazing storylines for the novels though, the sellswords trilogy was one of my favorite stories of all time

entreri could work if you just keep it to his dagger and not all the other random stuff he picks up along the way

Entreri would be lots of fun.

You enter the room roll a 12 or higher to announce who you are. Player rolls a 14. You announce your name, numerous enemies shit themselves in fear. Other party members must roll 14 or higher to avoid the enemy shit stains on the rug.

Havent played any D&D since 2ed.. :/

I got to DM once, and unlike our regular DM I let the players make characters with evil alignment(so more like RL). It was a clusterfuck. After a heist gone wrong everybody but one was put in jail. Being too mouthy and "we're the protagonist"-y got everybody jailed raped. The one who escaped eventually got them out, but got all of them to sign debt letters of 3000 gold pieces per head before he sprung them out. He was having too much fun on their expense about the whole man-love thing so they actually paid some mercenaries to ambush and rape him back with a half-orc. I rolled 1D4-3 in dmg per thrust. Then they paid back their debts in 3000 GP worth of chickens, nails, etc.
I didnt get to DM no more after that :/

Played over Skype recently, running a map and dive program. I forget the name tho. I would be down to play either through a thread or on skype. I've played pathfinder, 3, 4, couple other systems. Alchemist Gunslinger at your service. PM me

How is playing on Skype? I've considered this but always felt really, really creepy.

Screw this. 2nd ed forever.

48c4d2a94da5b21588afafdaef9bdd40c94b0593f4584572107dc8f24edd7827.jpg

theres a torrent available if anyone is wondering. black and white OCR but i figured id give it a look for shits and grins

Back