Dungeons and Dragons v5 Just released.

If you can put up with old and sometimes janky computer games you might want to give Dark Sun: Shattered Lands a try. It's not an instant classic by any means but it's got decent amount of content that can play out in a number of different ways depending on your choices. A tip if you do decide to track it down and give it a shot: the path-finding is mediocre so you should never click too far away on the mini-map because your character can take some long side-paths that can get you into trouble (once got my ass kicked in hard by some vrocks because of it). Also, if you've got a cleric you should invest in LoS blocking magic because it's suuuuuuuper helpful in some of the bigger fights.
Watching a vid of this now, and it looks pretty interesting thanks.

*halflings*

Yeah hobbits that's what I said.

Pretty sure that is first edition rules.

LOL I had both of those back in 1985.

had those, deities and demigods might have been my favorite shit of the
oh and the eye of vecna and sword of kas in unearthed arcana
manual of the planes was cool too
Wow he, I'm even more old school than I thought. Lol

1st edition Goat!

Wow he, I'm even more old school than I thought. Lol

1st edition Goat!
Yeah but that is Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.
For true old school
10.jpg

I had

ADnD1E-Players-00.jpg
mQ8U_zsUlB-n2LBt49hIPmA.jpg

monster_manual.jpg
FiendFolioCover.jpg

51ObkLcZ5pL._AC_UL320_SR246,320_.jpg
I had the Deities and Demigods that had the Conan and Elric mythos in it.

adnd1-ua.jpg

I probably had others but it was so very long ago.
Good stuff, are these all in your posession? I have the original MM and FF but I don't think I have an original copy of the player's handbook. They sadly tended to get a lot of wear and had to be replaced.

Good stuff, are these all in your posession? I have the original MM and FF but I don't think I have an original copy of the player's handbook. They sadly tended to get a lot of wear and had to be replaced.

Long gone, stopped playing fantasy RPG in high school; post high school it was all science fiction.

Last purge I gave away all my G.U.R.P.s and SFB stuff. I recently found a binder that had some of my old characters in it, including a Gamma World character, my mutated cockroach named Major Infestation.

You're absolutely right about the wear and tear.

No one messaged me. Ideally I'd want 5 to include myself, plus a DM

What's your availability? Trying to do a short weekly session, like 1pm-3/4pm EST Sat or preferably Sun

What's your availability? Trying to do a short weekly session, like 1pm-3/4pm EST Sat or preferably Sun
Saturdays I'm usually free. Sundays I'm doing my board games other than a couple times a month. Also, that's 10 am -12/1 pm my time.

Saturdays I'm usually free. Sundays I'm doing my board games other than a couple times a month. Also, that's 10 am -12/1 pm my time.
Just found a spot in a group doing Sundays. Have you checked roll20's open games lately? They have a bunch, even some one shots for 'RollCon' even with my very limited schedule I found several games

Just found a spot in a group doing Sundays. Have you checked roll20's open games lately? They have a bunch, even some one shots for 'RollCon' even with my very limited schedule I found several games
I tend not to enjoy just jumping in with no set character or such. Plus I would rather have a few people I mildly associate with than a complete gaggle of unknowns.

I tend not to enjoy just jumping in with no set character or such. Plus I would rather have a few people I mildly associate with than a complete gaggle of unknowns.

Well my last few attempts to organize my own games have been less than ideal, so I'll take unknowns for the sake of some stability. If it doesnt work out for whatever other reason I'll swing back thru here to try organizing my own again. I have the lost mine and yawning portal modules that I never got thru and want to do storm king and strahd ones too

btw, nice av, I assume it from one of the movies?

Well my last few attempts to organize my own games have been less than ideal, so I'll take unknowns for the sake of some stability. If it doesnt work out for whatever other reason I'll swing back thru here to try organizing my own again. I have the lost mine and yawning portal modules that I never got thru and want to do storm king and strahd ones too

btw, nice av, I assume it from one of the movies?
It's from Agents of SHIELD, the episode before this year's season finale.

Back