Double standard?

When Diaz beat McGregor here are some things that were said about McGregor, basically bashing him.

1) "Oh you're a wrestler now" "Panic Wrestler"
2) "Overrated boxing, got thoroughly outboxed by Nate."
3) "Glass chin"

Yet I haven't seen a single one of these things said about Nate even though:

1) Way more attempted and failed takedowns than McGregor.
2) Was THOROUGHLY beaten in the boxing exchanges, only success Nate had was in the clinch against the fence.
3) Got dropped multiple times, McGregor didn't get dropped ONCE in the first fight and has never been finished with strikes.

I'm not really a McGregor fan, but it's pitiful and hilarious to see what hate does to some people here.

Discuss this clear double standard.
Conor was dropped in the 3rd. Everyone got Alzheimer's now

excuses, excuses.
make up whatever you want.
That was terrible game planning.
the end result shows I am right.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. When they went head to head with a full camp McGregor beat him Diaz from pillar to post for 3 out 5 rounds. Deal with it. You're too emotional for perspective.

Conor was dropped in the 3rd. Everyone got Alzheimer's now
Actually he wasn't, 3 points of contact never touched the floor. And I was talking about the fights that each of them lost, Diaz was dropped 3 times in the fight he lost and McGregor was dropped 0 times in the fight that he lost.

Tormund may be a godless,Fedor hating sonofabitch but i agree with him on most everything else.

McGregor always prepare for specific opponent. Obviously a lie he fed the media. In Nate/Conor 1 he clearly threw strikes prepared for RDA and it failed him.
so you agree he had a terrible game-planning, despite being the one who selected Nate?
I can live with that.

Are you talking about the first fight? there was no gameplan. Hed allready completed his training to fight RDA at that point. Calling someone out for terrible gameplanning against a new opp on 11 days notice is some funny shit.
Seriously, what are we? kids?
I bet he could have bought and watched some dvd on Nate. Just get fightpass and he could see Nate fighting and find his flaws. it is not a secret.

He did not find out he was fighting nate on his way to the octagon.

The advantage of a full training camp is that you are at peak condition, and he couldn't capitalize on that.

Game Planning and strategies can be elaborated in a couple days.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. When they went head to head with a full camp McGregor beat him Diaz from pillar to post for 3 out 5 rounds. Deal with it. You're too emotional for perspective.
child, please.
You have been exposed already. Repeating this crap don't save you, just shows how desperate you are.

Seriously, what are we? kids?
I bet he could have bought and watched some dvd on Nate. Just get fightpass and he could see Nate fighting and find his flaws. it is not a secret.

He did not find out he was fighting nate on his way to the octagon.

The advantage of a full training camp is that you are at peak condition, and he couldn't capitalize on that.

Game Planning and strategies can be elaborated in a couple days.

Yes but how well can you IMPLEMENT what is written down on paper when there is no time to prepare for them. Conor aint no leg kicker. Even 5 or 6 months later,he learned them well enough to win,but he is still clearly no expert at throwing them.

When Diaz beat McGregor here are some things that were said about McGregor, basically bashing him.

1) "Oh you're a wrestler now" "Panic Wrestler"
2) "Overrated boxing, got thoroughly outboxed by Nate."
3) "Glass chin"

Yet I haven't seen a single one of these things said about Nate even though:

1) Way more attempted and failed takedowns than McGregor.
2) Was THOROUGHLY beaten in the boxing exchanges, only success Nate had was in the clinch against the fence.
3) Got dropped multiple times, McGregor didn't get dropped ONCE in the first fight and has never been finished with strikes.

Conan-Stand-Up-and-Claps.gif

Yes but how well can you IMPLEMENT what is written down on paper when there is no time to prepare for them. Conor aint no leg kicker. Even 5 or 6 months later,he learned them well enough to win,but he is still clearly no expert at throwing them.
So what?
He ain't BJJ master either. WHat he learned is not to go to the ground with Nate.
You don't need a full camp for that.

He was over-confident on the first fight, because he knew he had the advantage of a full camp behind him.

He learned those worked for Mendes, but clearly didn't work for Diaz.
So he took the second fight seriously.

he stuck to the gameplan.

you guys make it seems like he reinvented himself. He did not.
He simply learned from his mistakes which was exactly not paying attention to his opponent's strengths and weaknesses.

So what?
He ain't BJJ master either. WHat he learned is not to go to the ground with Nate.
You don't need a full camp for that.

He was over-confident on the first fight, because he knew he had the advantage of a full camp behind him.

He learned those worked for Mendes, but clearly didn't work for Diaz.
So he took the second fight seriously.

he stuck to the gameplan.

you guys make it seems like he reinvented himself. He did not.
He simply learned from his mistakes which was exactly not paying attention to his opponent's strengths and weaknesses.

I think he became a better fighter,and added more things to his game. It IS more a question of preperation of course,but he showed some new things as well.

child, please.
You have been exposed already. Repeating this crap don't save you, just shows how desperate you are.
The only person round here that's desperate is you, that's what emotion does to you. I wouldn't give a shit if McGregor lost, but he clearly showed he was the better fighter on saturday over 5 rounds. If you think it isn't as impressive as taking advantage of an unprepared opponent then fair enough, I don't really care what you think though so stop crying and move along.

I think he became a better fighter,and added more things to his game. It IS more a question of preperation of course,but he showed some new things as well.

Again, I am not disagreeing.
But in this game, you are always improving, always adding things to your game.

Obviously, if you have more time to prepare for someone, you will add things that are effective against them.

But don't tell me that he was at a disadvantage or even on equal footing against DIaz, because he was not.
He had a full training camp. Diaz did not.

If Conor didn't have time to prepare for Diaz, Diaz also did not have time to prepare for Conor.

And Conor had all his training partners with him, in camp at the time he agreed to fight Nate.
Nate was on a boat in Cabo.

Just to get everyone he needed to train or formulate any gameplan, he was at disadvantage.

Nick and Nate are the anti-heros, the counter culture guys that everyone loves so of course they're going to get the benefit of a double standard.

I've seen both guys shoot for takedowns after getting rocked or getting the worst of the striking exchanges.

They are both fantastic fighters but lets face it, neither one has achieved UFC gold and never will.

Again, I am not disagreeing.
But in this game, you are always improving, always adding things to your game.

Obviously, if you have more time to prepare for someone, you will add things that are effective against them.

But don't tell me that he was at a disadvantage or even on equal footing against DIaz, because he was not.
He had a full training camp. Diaz did not.

If Conor didn't have time to prepare for Diaz, Diaz also did not have time to prepare for Conor.

And Conor had all his training partners with him, in camp at the time he agreed to fight Nate.
Nate was on a boat in Cabo.

Just to get everyone he needed to train or formulate any gameplan, he was at disadvantage.

I def dont say he was at a disadvantage. Diaz turned out to be a nightmare for him stylistically,and him not being all there anyway means Conor couldnt get to him mentally. I think its very cool how it all turned out because it created a fight(s) that turned out to be alot better than anyone thought

The only person round here that's desperate is you, that's what emotion does to you. I wouldn't give a shit if McGregor lost, but he clearly showed he was the better fighter on saturday over 5 rounds. If you think it isn't as impressive as taking advantage of an unprepared opponent then fair enough, I don't really care what you think though so stop crying and move along.
LOL look at you, buddy.
All worked out, and lying through your teeth (fingers).

How blind can you be?

I mean, you claim you wouldn't care if Conor lost???

Seriously?

Who started this thread just to cry on how you perceive to be a great injustice done to Conor?

You have been exposed.
Deal with it, buddy.

I def dont say he was at a disadvantage. Diaz turned out to be a nightmare for him stylistically,and him not being all there anyway means Conor couldnt get to him mentally. I think its very cool how it all turned out because it created a fight(s) that turned out to be alot better than anyone thought
In that, I agree.

I would only wish Conor would let the FW belt go though.
It is obviously clear he has no interest in going back there, and absolutely nothing to gain from doing so.

This is the only thing I hold against him. he is holding a whole division hostage just so he can be called a champion (for a WC he does not care about)

Funny thread even though the narrative isn't quite intellectual honest. The fact is that Conor talked shit about people panic wrestling, then he turned into a panic wrestler and had to eat HIS OWN WORDS.

Back