Double standard?

I don't think it's that, they just love falls from grace specially if they talk a lot like Conor. Does he back it up so far yes, though a far cry from the KO'ing Nate in the 1st or 2nd. Just like the Honda fall when she was getting too high for her bridges.
PS. love the sig

I've said many times I don't think Conor would get nearly the amount of hate he does if it wasn't for a lot of his fans. You see them right here all the time. The ones with the 2014-2016 join dates who all have Conor's face as their avatar and try to act like they're an extension of Conor himself.

Most people realize Conor is just doing a WWE Schtick to sell tickets. Many of his fans are just delusional trolls who've wrapped their own self-esteem in the accomplishments of someone else.

When Diaz beat McGregor here are some things that were said about McGregor, basically bashing him.

1) "Oh you're a wrestler now" "Panic Wrestler"
2) "Overrated boxing, got thoroughly outboxed by Nate."
3) "Glass chin"

Yet I haven't seen a single one of these things said about Nate even though:

1) Way more attempted and failed takedowns than McGregor.
2) Was THOROUGHLY beaten in the boxing exchanges, only success Nate had was in the clinch against the fence.
3) Got dropped multiple times, McGregor didn't get dropped ONCE in the first fight and has never been finished with strikes.

I'm not really a McGregor fan, but it's pitiful and hilarious to see what hate does to some people here.

Discuss this clear double standard.

On Point #1, to be fair, Nate wasn't a panic wrestler. A panic wrestler is someone who gets beaned, and shoots for the takedown to survive. Nate's TD attempts were to score or bring the fight to the ground because the standup was at a stalemate. Make no mistake -- nobody got rocked in that fight, neither Nate nor Conor.

2. -- Conor wasn't necessarily outboxed in the first fight, but Nate wasn't outboxed in this fight either. Both gave as good as they got. Conor got some great punches in R1 and R2, and R4. Nate turned Conor into a punching bag in R3.

3. Well Yeah Nate got dropped on his ass a lot -- but that was no glass chin. Nate wasn't anywhere close to being rocked or even stunned despite getting dropped. Conor didn't get dropped -- but then he was fighting much more cautiously and was even running away at points.

Double-standard? Maybe. But the first fight was categorically a far worse performance from Conor than this second fight was for Nate.

How much of that full camp was preparing for RDA? A totally different style of fight. If Nate & Nick don't like people running they should learn how to cut off the cage, especially considering they're "world class" boxers.
which means nothing and a terrible excuse (as usual, coming from you).
A kick is a kick. BJJ is BJJ. You train how to attack or defend, and this is independent of the opponent.
COnor himself claims he doesn't train for a specific opponent.
SO even your idol completely destroys your own argument.

ko0Fb1y.jpg

On Point #1, to be fair, Nate wasn't a panic wrestler. A panic wrestler is someone who gets beaned, and shoots for the takedown to survive. Nate's TD attempts were to score or bring the fight to the ground because the standup was at a stalemate. Make no mistake -- nobody got rocked in that fight, neither Nate nor Conor.

2. -- Conor wasn't necessarily outboxed in the first fight, but Nate wasn't outboxed in this fight either. Both gave as good as they got. Conor got some great punches in R1 and R2, and R4. Nate turned Conor into a punching bag in R3.
Nate lost every boxing exchange, his only success was clinching against the fence and then winging punches but even then McGregor showed much better head movement and ability to roll punches than Nate ever has.

Conor showed that with a shitload of money and preparation, he can edge out a decision over a guy that recently choked him out on 10 days notice.

A kick is a kick. BJJ is BJJ. You train how to attack or defend, and this is independent of the opponent.

ko0Fb1y.jpg
Yeah right, McGregor had the chance to make history and become a simultaneous 2 division champion yet he wasn't studying his opponent. Just listen to yourself, you're too emotional for perspective and it's sad.

Conor most definitely trained for a specific opponent against Nate in last Saturday's fight.

Those leg kicks were definitely drilled in. He totally game planned for Nate.

Conor was called a panic wrestler because he's primarily a striker who intentionally tries to keep the fight standing. Nate, on the other hand, is very capable on the ground and is known for having very good jui jits so he doesn't avoid the ground.

So in summary you're comparing apples to oranges. Saying Nate panicked because he tried to grapple is like saying Conor panicked because he wanted to strike.

Yeah right, McGregor had the chance to make history and become a simultaneous 2 division champion yet he wasn't studying his opponent. Just listen to yourself, you're too emotional for perspective and it's sad.
Child, please.
Stop crying.
If he knew how to beat DIaz, why did he pick the worse way to do it?
Say what you want, DIaz is durable. Everyone knows it.
Conor obviously didn't pay attention. wasted all his energy (energy from a full camp, mind you) and Diaz humiliated him.

You are in denial.

Conor most definitely trained for a specific opponent against Nate in last Saturday's fight.

Those leg kicks were definitely drilled in. He totally game planned for Nate.
I agree. this fight he did.
The one before that? not much.

But hear his own interviews (up until the loss), he always said he didn't care and didn't train for any specific opponent.
He even said "they always change on him anyways"

Child, please.
Stop crying.
If he knew how to beat DIaz, why did he pick the worse way to do it?
Say what you want, DIaz is durable. Everyone knows it.
Conor obviously didn't pay attention. wasted all his energy (energy from a full camp, mind you) and Diaz humiliated him.

You are in denial.
What are you talking about? There is no worse way to do it, a W is a W. When they were both prepared for each other McGregor came out on top, it's really as simple as that. McGregor has a huge ego, in the first fight he knew Diaz would get hit by big shots he just didn't know that he didn't have the power to stop him.

What are you talking about? There is no worse way to do it, a W is a W. When they were both prepared for each other McGregor came out on top, it's really as simple as that. McGregor has a huge ego, in the first fight he knew Diaz would get hit by big shots he just didn't know that he didn't have the power to stop him.
excuses, excuses.
make up whatever you want.
That was terrible game planning.
the end result shows I am right.

I agree. this fight he did.
The one before that? not much.

But hear his own interviews (up until the loss), he always said he didn't care and didn't train for any specific opponent.
He even said "they always change on him anyways"
McGregor always prepare for specific opponent. Obviously a lie he fed the media. In Nate/Conor 1 he clearly threw strikes prepared for RDA and it failed him.

excuses, excuses.
make up whatever you want.
That was terrible game planning.
the end result shows I am right.

Are you talking about the first fight? there was no gameplan. Hed allready completed his training to fight RDA at that point. Calling someone out for terrible gameplanning against a new opp on 11 days notice is some funny shit.

Its obvious Conor's boxing is on another level to Nate, he completely outclassed him in that department. It was only close because Nate had some success in the clinch and his durability/cardio/weight helped him survive.

Wow TS got absolutely wrecked by the first few replies.

This has not gone well for him.

Yeah, it's so cool to:

1) Make a bunch of excuses
2) take orders from your older brother at 30 years old
3) Be punch-drunk as shit.
4) Want to fight as a gang not on your own. E.g: "My whole team will beat your whole teams ass".

Phunky is obviously from Stockton.

Double standards at Sherdog?

I'm outraged.

What does that have to do with anything? A win is a win, majority decision is bullshit it should have been UD. McGregor outclassing him over 5 rounds is more impressive than Diaz getting peat from pillar to post then finishing a tired McGregor. They both prepared for each other this fight and McGregor came out on top. None of my points had anything to do with comparing the victories but if you want to go down that road then fine.
Connie in no way outclassed him for 5 rounds. After the second it was a back and forth dogfight. I don't remember the board going nuts when RDA, Benson or Thompson actually dominated Nate. I wonder why.

Back