Dominick Cruz Vacates Bantamweight Title OUT of UFC 169 (Barao VS Faber)

i am totally gutted, was really looking forward to this fight.
on the bright side it might be better for Cruz not to face an absolute killer in his first fight back from a big layoff, still tho...for fuck sake

so are they going to count his last two as title defenses then because they should.

I can't say I'm glad this happened but i'm not too disappointed. Nobody can fight a guy like Barao after an injury lay-off that long. The fight wouldn't have been competitive.

Faber??? 4 fight win streak since loss to Barao, all good opponents. He's earnt it. If Barao makes any mistakes Faber will capitalize but Barao will probably win again.

Better fight than what was scheduled anway.

Hope Cruz makes a full recovery and comes back with a couple of tune-up fights to get himself back into contention without pressure.

The fuck is Faber doing taking this fight on 3 weeks notice? Didn't he take the last fight against Barao on short notice too?

Massively disappointed with this. Hopefully Cruz isn't out too long .

It gets boring watching him lose title fights though.

Faber, or anyone in the UFC for that matter, should get as many title shots as warranted. Faber more then deserves this oppurtunity.

I wonder if Faber was given an option to say no??

This might be his last shot and on 3 weeks notice that's tough.

Why? Is this some unrecoverable injury?

I think people are referring to the frequency with which he is being injured but if you really stop to think the second knee injury was as a result if the first not recovering.

The fuck is Faber doing taking this fight on 3 weeks notice? Didn't he take the last fight against Barao on short notice too?

Could be a big mistake for faber, but hope he wins. He's a gangster for taking a fight like this on such short notice.

Extremely disappointed. This was a match up for the ages at 135...

Fuckin' Cruz and his injury prone body. WTF did he do to pull his groin?

Dude I can't even

Why? Is this some unrecoverable injury?

Not necessarily, but it is serious. Compound this injury with his recent two injuries, and it is clear his body is done.

At such a young age, something must be wrong with his nutrition. I doubt he is genetically weak, but if his body is not resting, and recuperating properly due to inadequate nutrition, I don't know what else it could be.

This was to be title unification bout, it's a bit more important.

I don't see how a unification bout for a guy whose been out to long to have one is more important then a heavier weight title fight.

But I suppose that's my opinion against theirs, not a big deal, just confusing.

OUCH!!!!!!!!

Bummer!

Was pumped up for this fight!

losing-it.gif.pagespeed.ce.akhFeoqAnZ.gif

Back