Dominick Cruz Vacates Bantamweight Title OUT of UFC 169 (Barao VS Faber)

Gosh it's a tough choice who to root for. I love both but it would be awesome for Uriah to win gold in the ufc

I'm one of the few that thinks Faber will win this time.

You're not alone! I think he pulls it off. I am completely biased of course, but Faber has been tearing it up with 4 straight wins and 3 finishes. I'm sure Ludwig will come up with a good game plan for Faber. He knows that this will probably be his last shot at gold. I fully expect Faber to come out like a fucking beast in this fight. Its not like he got his ass handed to him in the last fight.

yeah faber didn't get beat up last time but he couldn't get inside and do any damage either. will be interesting to see if he is able to this time.

that dude has the worst luck i've ever seen

Honestly I was kind of shocked to see Cruz coming back, I figured he was in "Shane Carwin land" of being too messed up to fight again.

yeah faber didn't get beat up last time but he couldn't get inside and do any damage either. will be interesting to see if he is able to this time.

I wonder if it would've played out differently if Barao hadn't broken Faber's rib in the first round? I seem to remember Faber not going for any takedowns after the first. I'd have to look at the stats to be sure though. All I remember is being butt hurt as a mofo after that fight! LOL

edit: Just checked the stats. Faber went for 6 takedowns in the entire fight. 3 in the 3rd round, and 3 in the 4th. Success=0

Bit of a shock but agree cruz needs to let go he made the right choice anything else would have been a royal wee take... hopefully more champs who are injured and are looking at a year lay off should follow suit.

Cruz does need 1-2 tune up fights for sure also... he will be back if he really is the champ.

Baroa perhaps has a new game plan or he may just say sod it and go leg chopping again, cruz only hope is the take down and wrestling but baroa is too fast for this and fabers only chance is to submit or knock out otherwise baroa I think pulls this off again but perhaps a few adjustments from fabers side, doubt faber can check the kicks with a knee exactly.

Rony Jason after getting KTFO in his home country by Jeremy Stephens.

ercjzFw-Imgur.jpg

That's not his arm

Nice to know that we have one more officially UFC champion that isn't from the USA.

I got this pic from other thread about it. Wrong info I guess.

No worries, that pic got sent out everywhere till Rony debunked it and pointed out that the hand that went through the wall has flame tattoos all over the forearm.

I don't even like Cruz, but man that is jacked up. It's probably for the better that he didn't fight Barao, though.

Now I just hope Faber can turn up the heat and hurt Barao early, that's his only chance.

Back