Dominick Cruz Vacates Bantamweight Title OUT of UFC 169 (Barao VS Faber)

Kind of sucks for Urijah.

He has earned that title shot and he has to take it on three weeks notice.

I agree. And if he loses, he's going to get absolutely shit on by fans everywhere in what will surely be his last chance at the title. Barao is way too good of an opponent to take on three weeks notice. Why does Cruz just openly refuse to stay healthy?

No one gets any luck in this, Faber has to fight Barao without a proper camp

Cruz may never fight for the title again, should probably retire

Barao never gets to beat the champ

They need to promote Raphael Assuncao vs. Francisco Rivera to the main card of UFC 170 now, since that'll essentially be crowning the next title contender since now they're basically jumping up 1 turn in the title shot order.

This sucks for everyone.

Cruz should probably hang them up, great fighter but he is just riddled with injuries.

Barao doesn't get his chance to show he is better then Cruz, and has to rematch Faber.

Faber gets stuck with 3 weeks on a title shot he earned fairly, and has to fight this monster again, on 3 weeks.

ALSO, why wasn't Aldo vs Lamas the main event anyway. It has always been hieavier weights first.

Lol

You think think it's time to retire, or what? Barao would have wrecked him any ways. Don't see the Faber rematch happening any different than the first.

Damn sucks for Cruz. He does seem like a dick though.

Cheering for Faber. He's so hard working, last chance for a title for him.

Just sucks cause Barao wont get to really unify the belts and prove he is the BW king. Yes we all consider him the best but he didnt beat the champ.

Agreed. Kind of an anti climatic way to win the belt, sure he's still happy though.

Tore his groin

Renan Barao is now the UFC Bantamweight Champion, will rematch Urijah Faber. Faber taking this in 3 weeks notice

That's so fucked up. I hope Faber was training in case this happened. The last thing he needs is to lose another title match because he isn't up to snuff.

Faber? AGAIN? Well, he hasn't had a title shot in 18 months...

To be fair he did win 4 in a row this year and has looked great, he is def the most deserving guy and is clearly the number 2 or 3 BW in the world. Just sucks he lost to Barao already and will likely lose again.

He is probably the greatest fighter in any div that just cant get over the hump and win that UFC belt. He can beat every other fighter in the div just not the champ.

Lame for Faber. This could be his last title shot and it's on 3 weeks notice.

Why? Is this some unrecoverable injury?

I'd say he should consider it. This is going to put him out for like 2-3 years total, and he just can't catch a break. If he is getting this injured in training, imagine him going his inevitable 5 rounds with some of the monsters out there like Barao.

this was the fight I was most excited about, hopefully they meet in the future

Back