Do you think Conor can beat Brian Ortega in a 5-round fight?

Ortega everytime. Way better in every single aspect.
Lol are people really trying to pass Ortega off as a striker even comparable to Conor? He's come a long way, he's great... I picked him over Edgar.

But he cannot strike with Conor.

Am I misreading this or are you saying Ortega is as good standing as Conor?
No, not as good (sorry if I gave that impression).
But my take is that Ortega has proven he won't open himself up unless Conor gives him an opening.
Ortega is very patient and that is his danger (to Conor).

And Conor is a lot aggressive, so he will open himself for Ortega.
If/when Ortega takes him down, it is game over.
And he might also catch Conor, same way he did Frankie (less likely, but can happen in later rounds where Conor becomes sloppy).

No, not as good (sorry if I gave that impression).
But my take is that Ortega has proven he won't open himself up unless Conor gives him an opening.
Ortega is very patient and that is his danger (to Conor).

And Conor is a lot aggressive, so he will open himself for Ortega.
If/when Ortega takes him down, it is game over.
And he might also catch Conor, same way he did Frankie (less likely, but can happen in later rounds where Conor becomes sloppy).
Didn't think so, but yes Ortega's patience and composure was very impressive in his last fight. Love the way he fights

Ortega has a solid chin, great cardio, good stand-up, excellent submission, and is a big fighter at 145. He's pretty much a nightmarish match-up for Conor.

Do you think Conor can beat Brian Ortega in a 5-round fight?
Maybe with a keyboard.

Broke conor was an active warrior who fought all the time. The more money he made the more he got obsessed with his low carb diet and he ended up with a shitty cardio. I have noticed that somewhere down the line, he became obsessed with size and being bigger is better.

Now he is rich which was his objective. Why fight and risk damaging his reputation by staying in the game?

The problem with Ortega is he's often losing, until he isn't. I've rarely seen a fighter pull so many wins out of his ass like Ortega, it's like the guy has a cheat code or something. Ortega wins by sub or TKO after a round or 2 of getting his face turned into hamburger.

Didn't think so, but yes Ortega's patience and composure was very impressive in his last fight. Love the way he fights

he impressed me as well.
I thought Frankie would be too much for him, and he definitely proved me wrong.

I still don't know if he can beat Max, but now that fight became a hell of a lot more intriguing...

he impressed me as well.
I thought Frankie would be too much for him, and he definitely proved me wrong.

I still don't know if he can beat Max, but now that fight became a hell of a lot more intriguing...
Hell yeah. I'm more excited for it than I was for the Frankie / Max fight prior to the injury for sure

The problem with Ortega is he's often losing, until he isn't. I've rarely seen a fighter pull so many wins out of his ass like Ortega, it's like the guy has a cheat code or something. Ortega wins by sub or TKO after a round or 2 of getting his face turned into hamburger.

Yep, that's the exact kind of fighter that Conor doesn't wanna be going against for 5 rounds either.

Ortega takes this fight. Conor can't finish him...once he slows down, Ortega finishes him Nate Diaz style.

outside of a freak alligator standing guillotine.... mcgregor keeps it standing and uses his reach to fuck him up badly... no kicks.. eddie alvarez style

Hell yeah. I'm more excited for it than I was for the Frankie / Max fight prior to the injury for sure
I don't know. Frankie was my favorite guy in that division... I wanted him to beat Max, then I wouldn't mind if he lost the very next fight. I just wanted him to win the FW belt at some point...

But as Ortega beat him, I agree that this fight becomes even more intriguing!

Cub was landing on Ortega at will and so was Frankie before the elbow. I think Conor would put him out.

Ortega everytime. Way better in every single aspect.

LMAO ortega was getting lit up by edgar with combinations

if he gets hit against Conor it's a different ball game. Styles make fights.

Conor would work Ortega. Don't get it twisted, Conor has good TDD. He's defensively responsible. He would hurt Ortega standing badly.

People who are picking Ortega are crazy. Frankie and Con
Because he needed to takedown Cub right to tap him out?

Cub is a much smaller man that Conor. Conor can stay at a further distance and land punches before Ortega can get close enough to Conor's neck.

Back