Do you think Conor can beat Brian Ortega in a 5-round fight?

I don’t know but if Ortega beats Max then I would LOVE to see it!

Conor would absolutely maul Ortega in the striking department and its not even close
Lets not forget Ortega is a jujitsu fighter, not a wrestler
Let's not forget he KO'd Frankie Edgar in round 1. Or are you saying Frankie Edgar is not a good striker also?

Ortega is an amazing grappler but he isn't taking Conor down

He doesn't have to take him down to get the sub. McTapper get's another sub lose on his record.

Q0OWA9.gif

You are really going places, pay for the nice green name, you have a girl shaking her ass in your AV to bring even more attention to you, use regurgitated names like "mctapper" to get easy likes and your arguments are full gifs instead of logical facts.

You have Sherdog down to a T, you may not be cool in real life but you are basically the fonz on here!!

Oh btw, since Ortega caught Swanson in a standing submission that doesn't mean he will catch every fighter who has ever lost by a submission in a standing sub.

I can't believe I have to explain that but here we are.

I can't wait for your reply, I wonder what gif or witty nickname you choose to pick. The suspense is killing me.

Ortega is a drug cheat. I dont see how people can neglect that fact. He is a cheat! That says alot about him and the coward he really is.

Brian "the cheater" Ortega has basically been demolished by every descent standup fighter until he hasn't. I see conor demolish him on the feet with Brian "the cheater" Ortega having a lucky punchers chance or a standing guiliotine.

Would be a nice fight and would love to see how Brian "the cheater" Ortega would respond to the shit talk also.
Lol

-Demolished in the standup by every decent fighter
-Undefeated
-Never been hurt or rocked

Which of the above statements doesn't belong with the others?

How the fuck does everybody just seem to forget that Conor is an excellent fighter?

Ortega has a solid chin, great cardio, good stand-up, excellent submission, and is a big fighter at 145. He's pretty much a nightmarish match-up for Conor.

You forgot the most important part:

How good is Ortega's wrestling (takedowns in this case)? If it isn't elite or close to elite - he's getting KO'd. People forget that Mendes, the only man to really control Conor on the ground, is a multiple time NCAA div 1 All-American and a Pac-10 "wrestler of the year", and one of the best wrestlers in all of MMA.

Conor loses another hypothetical sherdog fight, this dude sucks. What is he, 0-238 now?

Ortega has a solid chin, great cardio, good stand-up, excellent submission, and is a big fighter at 145. He's pretty much a nightmarish match-up for Conor.

Honestly, I think Conor might be able to KO anyone in his WC.

But Ortega is as good standing, and got a definite advantage on the ground.

He will not be baited to open up by Conor.
he will take his time and would demolish Conor.... or submit him.

If I were a betting men, I would bet on Ortega.

It's been a while since we've seen Conor fight and he got his ass whooped in his last fight. So it's easy to forget that he's still a damn good MMA fighter with dynamite in his hands. There is still a great chance for Conor to land that bomb.

Honestly, I think Conor might be able to KO anyone in his WC.

But Ortega is as good standing, and got a definite advantage on the ground.

He will not be baited to open up by Conor.
he will take his time and would demolish Conor.... or submit him.

If I were a betting men, I would bet on Ortega.
Am I misreading this or are you saying Ortega is as good standing as Conor?

Imo, Ortega gets TKO'd in the first or the second. He gets hit in every fight. If Conor can hit you solid, you better figure it out quick. Nate has good boxing, does a great job rolling with punches and avoiding the full brunt of shots. Ortega doesn't.

Hard to imagine Ortega's chin carrying him long enough.

Back