Do you think Conor can beat Brian Ortega in a 5-round fight?

Assuming he can make 145 still, Conor wins easily.

Ortega is an amazing grappler but he isn't taking Conor down, and the skill gap on the feet is way too much.

He basically has the style of a Diaz brother, but his boxing is nowhere near theirs and he is much smaller.

Ortega is one of my favorite fighters, but I don't see how he beats Conor IF Conor makes 145 without killing him self.
Lol, he won't ever be able to fight at 145 again. Even if he did, his already shit cardio would be just enough to get him inside the cage. He's been bulked up way too long, plus the added couple of years in age won't make it any easier for him. It would likely take him north of a year to properly diet down, lose the added mass to prepare for that dreaded weight cut he was making. He looked like a 60 year old man at the weighins at 145.

Ortega's threat comes from his ability to cause scrambles and his unique ability to apply submissions from even the standing position.

there's more than 1 way to skin a cat and there's more than 1 way to beat Conor.
Agree, I favor Conor McTwitter but no shock if Ortega would win. McTwitter has trouble with fighting people his own size.

Ortega has a solid chin, great cardio, good stand-up, excellent submission, and is a big fighter at 145. He's pretty much a nightmarish match-up for Conor.

simple NOPE

Any idiot who says Ortega should delete their account. He doesnt have the TDD threat or standup to beat Conor.

Fucking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s dont know shit, outside of bashing on Conor.

Ortega takes conor down like nate did and chokes him out.

Ortega's threat comes from his ability to cause scrambles and his unique ability to apply submissions from even the standing position.

there's more than 1 way to skin a cat and there's more than 1 way to beat Conor.
Totally agree, his offensive grappling is very good and creative.
it's really funny seeing the Conor boys start to sweat when they see a legit threat.

"Could Conor defeat a bum who is sleeping on the street and unaware of Conor?"

"No chance"

"I think Conor gasses"

"Conor dosent have the power to put the bum away"

A toss up for me. Ortega relies a lot on his chin. Not sure he can afford to do that against Conor.

Lol, he won't ever be able to fight at 145 again. Even if he did, his already shit cardio would be just enough to get him inside the cage. He's been bulked up way too long, plus the added couple of years in age won't make it any easier for him. It would likely take him north of a year to properly diet down, lose the added mass to prepare for that dreaded weight cut he was making. He looked like a 60 year old man at the weighins at 145.

I agree, this is pretty obviously a hypothetical with the implication that he makes 145 without killing himself.

Hypothetically, he beats Ortega. Realistically he can't make the weight, and in a couple years neither can Ortega and even if they fight at 155 Conor still wins since he is arguably even better at LW.

Like all of these fantasy threads here ts' can't actually put in the necessary information to give our opinion.Sherdog members are the laziest of any fight forum I have ever been on.I'm going to assume TS means at 155 since Conor isn't making 145 and Ortega could fit fine at 155 and might need to semi soon.

Ortega has zero wrestling,no wrestling,his td's are laughable.I would love to see Ortega choke him out and he absolutely could (jump on a neck/pull guard/actually train his wrestling with a good wrestling coach etc.) but he'd get lit up bad on the feet and I think get ko'd.Who knows though,Conor could fade under the workrate of Ortega leading to some sort of grappling or game plan mistake.

Last edited:
Ortega is a drug cheat. I dont see how people can neglect that fact. He is a cheat! That says alot about him and the coward he really is.

Brian "the cheater" Ortega has basically been demolished by every descent standup fighter until he hasn't. I see conor demolish him on the feet with Brian "the cheater" Ortega having a lucky punchers chance or a standing guiliotine.

Would be a nice fight and would love to see how Brian "the cheater" Ortega would respond to the shit talk also.

Last edited:
Any idiot who says Ortega should delete their account. He doesnt have the TDD threat or standup to beat Conor.

Fucking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s dont know shit, outside of bashing on Conor.
Ortega doesn't need TD's to defeat Conor as proven in the Cub fight dummy.
By the way......

Anyone who says Conor should delete their account.

Conor Mcgregor was a monster at 145. A world beater. He pretty much bulldozered over everyone except for Chad Mendez. That pressure. His excellent offense. His kicking game. Punching. Mcgregor was scary in his stand up.

As someone has already said, Ortega wrestling game is pretty weak. He would be a punching bag for Conor Mcgregor.

I don't think the guy would make it to the 5th round.

Unless he runs over Max like nothing, I doubt he's on Conor's level

Conor does t have the heart to go 5 rounds.

Outside of rounds 1 and 2, you're asking a lot of him
can you recreate the look on ur face, just after the aldo k.o. and post it please. id like to see it. thanks

Ortega has a solid chin, great cardio, good stand-up, excellent submission, and is a big fighter at 145. He's pretty much a nightmarish match-up for Conor.

Conor gasses in 3rd and gives his neck begging for a choke.

If Ortega can take McGregor down easily then I'd pick Ortega, but Ortega doesn't really have great takedowns. If the fight remains standing then it's pretty easy to assume that McGregor would beat him. Would be an interesting fight but I think someone like Nate is a far bigger threat than Ortega as Diaz has great boxing, is very tall and also has a dangerous ground game.

Conor wins because Ortega is only two times his size instead of tree.

I'm probably considered a conor hater... but @ 145 or 155 he destroys ortega. He's far too big and the stand up difference is huuuuge. A wrestler with takedowns and a grinding style is his weakness - someone like mendes or khabib. Not a bjj sub artist (pains me to say it because I love ortega)

End of the day, ortega is a 145er. Connor is a 155er now.

Conor, khabib, ferg, nate, ceronne, alvez etc are all wayyyyyy bigger than ortega. And as good as the Frankie win is, Frankie is a small 145er

Ortega's Ace in the Hole is His Chin.... imo Ortega will absolutely finish Conor. imo Conor is a quitter IF he gets in deep waters. Ortega NO QUIT> .!
Immensely Skilled. Great Conditioning, YOUNGER

Back