Do people know what they saw?

In your truthful opinion.

Trying to remember the last time I saw a real fight where two guys were in the north-south position.
You'd probably never see that position watching low-level fights

You'd probably never see that position watching low-level fights
UFC+123+Sotiropoulos+vs+Lauzon+1+-+The+World+and+Martial+Arts.jpg

Remember that time those two guys in a real fight were positioned like this?

Me neither.

MMA is much closer than boxing
Give it up you goof.
Your "real fighter" just got punched up and stopped by a 40 year old, retired inactive for 2 years, small, defensive, non power punching overweight welterweight, he had nothing for the much smaller man.

Last edited:
According to Owen Roddy, what we saw was "One of da best at-letes in da wurrld!".

IpmKtR2.gif

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

UepSTfZ.gif

He was right of course, he was just a bit confused about which one of them was actually one of the best athletes in the world.

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

LOL, you're such a dipshit. More mental gymnastics from Shidweeb trying to give Floyd merit in a street fight. Look, he'd beat you, but he's not beating UFC fighters, give it up dork!
Thats what your dumb ass was saying about boxing too, remember?

No, the idea of boxing being a "job" and a rather lucrative one is the point. Before the fight, the narrative was that Conor will defeat Mayweather in stunning fashion. After the fight there was a 180, and Conor was never expected to win because he was a 0-0 amateur, AND who cares about boxing anyways because Conor would beat Floyd in a streetfight. Get it?

The narrative from who? A couple irish kids on sherdog? The only narrative I heard was that Mayweather would win easily. The most McGregor friendly analyst was Schaub and all he said was that Conor would land some punches and lose a decision.

Most my friends are involved in the MMA industry in some way or another. The only debate we ever had was over how long Conor would last. (4-8 rounds was the general consensus). So honestly Conor did better than the only narrative I ever heard.

The narrative from who? A couple irish kids on sherdog? The only narrative I heard was that Mayweather would win easily. The most McGregor friendly analyst was Schaub and all he said was that Conor would land some punches and lose a decision.

Most my friends are involved in the MMA industry in some way or another. The only debate we ever had was over how long Conor would last. (4-8 rounds was the general consensus). So honestly Conor did better than the only narrative I ever heard.
That was the same as the discussion I had outside of Sherdog -- that it was hard to imagine Floyd losing. However, you had people like Skip Bayless and other commentators spewing nonsense. There were other recognizable names in MMA like Mike Brown saying Conor's MMA skills would be an advantage! It doesn't take much time to see that there was a lot of support for the idea that Conor could/would win.

You are using the reflexive pronoun yourself incorrectly. The correct response would have been:

"Apparently at a much higher level than you."

which is a shorter form of

"Apparently at a much higher level than you do."

The reflexive pronoun yourself should refer to the pronoun you. For example,

"Did you make that mistake yourself?"
"Can you feed yourself?"
"You yourself said Conor would win."

Give it up you goof.
Your "real fighter" just got punched up and stopped by a 40 year old, retired inactive for 2 years, small, defensive, non power punching overweight welterweight, he had nothing for the much smaller man.
And Jose Aldo lost to a purple belt in bjj...I guess he would get beat in a real fight too

Oh wait I'm not a boxing fan

Its been more than 2 weeks since the event went down, with an outcome consistent with the predictions of essentially all people with a connection to, and experience in, mainstream boxing. Still, I see evidence that some folks (who are trying to give McGregor a gold star for showing up) don't fully understand what happened strategically, or what they saw, technically. For example, I have seen more than a few guys referring to a pull counter by Floyd as a blow landed by McGregor. In other words, there is strong evidence that those without boxing skill or experience saw a different fight than did casual spectators. Of course, all people gain some insight after they actually start training. My daughter noted -- as her boxing skills improved -- that "I notice so many subtle cues now when people don't know what they're doing". I think the same is true of this fight. The more you know about boxing, the more awkward and outclassed Conor looked in the fight.
The scorecards from both fights shows corruption in boxing.

He's the guy who keeps reminding everyone that he has a Ph.D. in "rhetoric and linguistics" and is a master of language. So, it seemed strange that he'd make a redneck grammar error.
Aww how cute...he thinks he knows grammar...still waiting for you to address my initial response...but you won't be able to.

Aww how cute...he thinks he knows grammar...still waiting for you to address my initial response...but you won't be able to.
I know grammar better than "yourself". Remember that? I am still waiting for you to tell me how many real fights you've been in.

Last edited:
Back