"Distance Manipulation/Deception" Understanding Conor's Brilliant Matrix Performance.FULL Analysis!

what you should really mention is how fucking dumb Eddie was to try throw double step in right hands against a south paw counter puncher. not suck connors dick for doin what he does in every fight.

Dude you're a retard for spending your time writing this as you were an espn analyst and like someone cares about your analysis.

And yes, Connor is great

Fantastic analysis TS.

Could have done without the shameless dick riding haha but I learned a thing or two. Thanks.

@SkillsPayTheBills do you do analyses often? Would love to read more if you have links.
Thank you my brother

Yes, I have done many breakdowns in the past. Check my profile

Im currently working on breaking down Tony Ferguson vs RDA

If anyone has any requests, let me know also.

I dont get paid, its simply a hobby, so in all honesty - I will only look at very skilled fighters who I feel are worth it, or great fights that interested me and or that have inplications as future opponent for Conor (Ferg vs RDA)

I just cant fake excitiment for every one

But if enough people ask me to, I will do requests

Just read the whole thread and honestly it's one of the best threads I've read on sherdog. (A conor thread haha crazy!)

What an argument... highly recommend reading anything boxing related from massapiece or skillspaybills. Both you guys remind me of keyboard warrior versions of my uncles when they've had a couple of beers.

I'm adding you both to my mental list of people who actually know how to talk fighting.

P.S. I'm not on that list
The problem is "people" like massapiece are so arrogant, some may take that as "he knows what hes talking about"

Believe me, he has NO IDEA what hes actually talking about...thats why he can never prove any of his "claims"

Ask him to prove any of his BS with examples or gifs or breakdowns

Theres a reason why he cant

Theres a reason why he can only ever write down empty words with no meaning or backing

Meanwhile you will see me proving and backing everything up with examples/gifs

Let that prove everything to you

And I dont cherry pick, like Conor hating newbs do....I show you consistent patterns/habbits

Dont let his act fool you

I mean, all you have to do is look at the FOOTAGE itself to see how what im saying matches it - and is simply the reality

Im not doing anything special..all im doing is telling you what the FOOTAGE SHOWS

I dont have anything special....im just breaking down what the footage shows

I only want to help people better understand what took place - how and why etc

Meanwhile, LOOK how massapiece throws out baseless claims of him being a "competitor" so that that some how means his shitty opinions that are UNsubstantiated>>>anyone elses...and look how he clearly has an agenda too

"People" like that, like "massaiece" are the ones who are full of the most shit who you need to avoid

Conor haters like him are deluded. They are "arrogant in their ignorance/delusion"

Never forget that saying

You can learn to do the same as me too....anyone can..it just takes time, reading, understanding etc...its no different then someone who put the effort and time in to truly learn more complicated mathematics etc

We all start some where. I reccomend reading a lot of old school boxing books

In fact I WANT more people to be able to truly understand fighting on a deeper level so that they can see the true brilliance of Conor and start to appreciate Conor

Where as again, deluded snake salesmen like massapiece have no clue, act like only they have "the special knowledge" and push an anti-Conor agenda which is devoid of any backing or reality

Would you take anyone in boxing serious who said Lomanchenko or Floyd were not skilled/sucked ?

Yet for some reason, there are enough newbs running rampant in MMA that downplaying Conor's next level skill and fight IQ or saying that he isnt special, isnt seen as the same offence, or ridiculed in the same way as ridicilous

Its a shame. Too many newbs in MMA

Again, dont be fooled by arrogant Conor hating sherdog troll newbs like massapiece

Again, ALL you have to do is look at the footage itself to see how what im saying makes sense and is the reality

And everyone else can too

Last edited:
Yes, I can understand your analysis. Cruz and Wonderboy are some of my favorite fighters in the UFC right now.

I'd love to see Conor fight either one of them.
Cruz is amazing my brother

Im going to be working on something for Cruz vs Cody

I just now started watching Cody so I can get started on making those threads...but im already very famlair with Cruz

Yes, I can understand your analysis. Cruz and Wonderboy are some of my favorite fighters in the UFC right now.

I'd love to see Conor fight either one of them.
Ive often said, the holy trinity of skill and IQ in MMA is Conor.......Cruz, Wonderboy , in that order

What is wrong? Hes doing nothing special, he's using the fencing stance , and stop hit that Bruce taught in the dao of jeet kune do over what 4 decades ago? Just because this stuff is all new to you bums you thinks he's bringing something new but I've been into boxing for over 25 years now and trust me McGregor's a mediocre boxer out there schooling novice boxers. Look at how damn successful Jon Jones has been with no jab at all. Look at how well gsp did after he developed a jab (he was already great) but I mean seriously conor is pretty damn good but he does lack quite a few fundamentals in the boxing department. He makes up for it with his physical abilities and that's why you bums haven't seen it so easily exposed. Just as ts gave us a nice breakdown on what's done right we could make some gifs pointing out his fundamental flaws. He is getting better and more efficient that's evident but unless he sures up his boxing defense before he tilts past physical prime hell start to pay, the flaws are there whether your eye sees them or not and they were exposed in the Diaz bout simply by Nate being a decent puncher with a longer reach. Nates slow handed and even slower footed and laid plenty of leather on McGregor.

bro fuck u are ur dumb boxing. people who know a little boxing like to act like their shit translates easily into mma and they are some high class elite motherfuckers "OH LOL YOU DONT KNOW ANGLES", yeah we do you dumb twats its just there are way too many elements in mma that half your boxing shit needs to be adjusted and is very difficult to pull off. its not novice at all. what conor can do with his boxing is a far more advanced form of boxing because it takes into consideration a ton of elements.

Holy shit! This thread is a book!
brb........Bookmarking these chapters to read later.

Tremendous breakdown mate. Fuck the noobs that don't appreciate the time you took. I learned a lot. Thanks.

He's pretty damn good but all that is fairly basic to anyone who's done any boxing or read a Bruce Lee book. The reason it looks so spectacular to your ass and comes as a shock to many of his opponents is because the vast majority of mma is stuck in that muy Thai , plodding footed , let's take turns throwing combos/defending. Were seeing an influx of boxing/fencing mechanics being utilized. Conor doesn't look much different than wonderboy out there in the foot work department and is a level underneath Silva there. The only reason I could see you having such a hard on for McGregor is that you're biased and lacking at seeing the other fighters subtleties , many of which are equally brilliant to the intricasies/ facets of McGregor's game.
What a fucking poisonous place this is. You MORON

Hopefully a shorter summary here

1. Conor controlled range at all times

2. Kept just enough space at all times to react to any level changes or TDs,

3. Utilised fients and flick jabs to not only move Alvarez into direction of the left, but to further control and keep Alvarez continually off set - unable to time him (while not leaving any openings for Alvarez)

4. Then of course all of Conor's distance deception methods

Conor took him out of "his gameplan" with vastly superior skill and vastly superior intelligence

Through out, as I have just demonstarted, we saw Conor backing Alvarez out of range and or moving him back into position for lefts with feints, flick jabs, push kicks (or via lateral movement)

Conor would establish pure range control, then utilise distance deception methods and baiting tactics, like forward leans, lead foot step ins while back foot planted, and 10% speed punches..it was all too entice a response and or manipulate into. Conor is simply a puppet master

Sinply put Conor always CONTROLS and makes opponents miss-judge distance, makes them miss and makes them pay

Conor limits what opponents throw, when they can throw it, draws out, leads into - or moves into while always a step ahead. The best counter strikers are the ones who control their environment and opponent, and who can strike (make you pay) inbetween all ranges/positions. Its Conor to a tee. That is why Conor is literally MMA's Floyd in skill and IQ

Conor was just log-jamming Alvarez's ability to read distance, manipulating at will, and drawing in with constant leans, lead foot steps while back foot planted, and half speed punches

Again, Conor's performance vs Alvarez is the most impressive shut down skill based performance in MMA history. That was just some pure Matrix shit on an unheard of skill level by Conor

No one does that to Alvarez

So..theres this guy called Anderson Silva.......

bro fuck u are ur dumb boxing. people who know a little boxing like to act like their shit translates easily into mma and they are some high class elite motherfuckers "OH LOL YOU DONT KNOW ANGLES", yeah we do you dumb twats its just there are way too many elements in mma that half your boxing shit needs to be adjusted and is very difficult to pull off. its not novice at all. what conor can do with his boxing is a far more advanced form of boxing because it takes into consideration a ton of elements.
Boxing translates easily to mma

Why can't you guys understand that boxing very easily translates to mma? angles, foot work, distance control, feinting, blocking, parrying, slipping, changing levels, pivots, smooth combos, a stiff jab, and a nicely tucked chin would all be great for every mma fighter to utilize. you realize one of the reasons Conor is able to kick ass is because he's one of the few mma fighters that understands boxing, he has some amature pedigree and most mma guys dont. gsp took his game to a whole new level after he joined wildcard boxing club and sharpened up his jab and angles. obviously mma and boxing aren't exactly the same but a good boxer will already have an understanding of how to manage distance, how to cut angles, cut the cage off, slip and shoot short, harder counters, and I could go on. you guys have to understand that if you know how to move your feet better than the opponent he can never grab you and secure the takedown. you guys act like Im blasphemous for saying mcgregor has some things he needs to clean up, saying I need to post a gift meanwhile I know exactly what I watch and I don't need to post a gif anybody is free to rewatch his fights and they will see the flaws. they are there no matter what any one says to dispute it. they aren't so evident because mcgregor has usually carried all physical advantages into his fights. he's long and when you're long you can get away with your hands being low, chin riding high, though he has been caught in several fights against smaller, slower and less skilled opponents simply because he doesn't always protect his chin, sometimes throws his punches so hard he comes off balance. he hasn't paid big in any of those fights but against Diaz who he didn't have a length advantage over his hands down style or lack of fundamental defense cost him. you can dispute this all you want but the fact remains that if he would tuck his chin and keep at least one hand up to block/parry he would not have eaten so many shots against Diaz, Diaz is so much slower that McGregor really shouldn't have been tagged much at all. so again I say you don't have to take it all as a bad thing or "Conor hater" however you want to label it but the truth remains that if mcgregor would clean up the things I mention he would be even better , let that sink in right there. The thing is that if he doesnt clean up the bad habits before he gets on the back end of his peak and has slowed just a half step down he will pay for the bad habits just like a chuck liddell or a roy jones did . as I said he is damn good and I've been a fan since I saw him I cage warriors. I love counter puncher, strikers, fluidity , I mean how could I not enjoy watching him lay fools out? I'm telling you folks you're not giving boxing enough credit. I taught my nephew how too box at 14, he's been lighting fools up since. he is an amateur fighting for the Omaha fight Club in Omaha nebraska as a boxer, pretty much straight off the couch cause he's lazy and he punched the hell out of his opponents, he's hard to hit, kick, or grab ahold of. during the prep for the fights the guys working the event tell us all the time " don't go away from what he does best, that boxing , these mma guys don't know what to do when they find out how a boxer punches". he's a fan favorite down there for the same reason mcgregor is a fan favorite on the big stage... they punch people up. now tell me how boxing doesn't translate or work for mma? at the events we see some bad ass fighters, I mean just gritty go get it fighters, some pretty kickboxing with hellacious kicks and nice fast straight punches, some wrestlers with nice technique and fun scrambles, the grapplers with slick ju jitsu and then my nephew who the crowd knows is coming to throw hands, my nephew gets the most love down there because the most enjoyable part of mma is still the boxing, the punches to the head.

Last edited:
Man. Your breakdowns are actually pretty rad, especially amidst the nonsense on here sometimes.

But god damn it fucker, please do some about other fighters. I enjoy the hell out of Conor's fights and enjoy these breakdowns, but there are so many other good fights that happen and fighters. Gimme some fuckin va-ri-e-tay here.

Back