"Distance Manipulation/Deception" Understanding Conor's Brilliant Matrix Performance.FULL Analysis!

These were the themes on full display from Conor through out the fight

Control

Distance manipulation/deception
So...what are your thoughts on Doo Ho Choi and how his striking compares to Conor's. I find them freakishly similar, especially in the IQ department. Also, Choi's feint game is extremely sophisticated and representative of his fighter IQ. They're both geniuses imo.

It freaks me out that we have two really talented strikers in the same division in the same promotion at roughly the same time. Good times ahead.

Hopefully a shorter summary here

1. Conor controlled range at all times

2. Kept just enough space at all times to react to any level changes or TDs,

3. Utilised fients and flick jabs to not only move Alvarez into direction of the left, but to further control and keep Alvarez continually off set - unable to time him (while not leaving any openings for Alvarez)

4. Then of course all of Conor's distance deception methods

Conor took him out of "his gameplan" with vastly superior skill and vastly superior intelligence

Through out, as I have just demonstarted, we saw Conor backing Alvarez out of range and or moving him back into position for lefts with feints, flick jabs, push kicks (or via lateral movement)

Conor would establish pure range control, then utilise distance deception methods and baiting tactics, like forward leans, lead foot step ins while back foot planted, and 10% speed punches..it was all too entice a response and or manipulate into. Conor is simply a puppet master

Sinply put Conor always CONTROLS and makes opponents miss-judge distance, makes them miss and makes them pay

Conor limits what opponents throw, when they can throw it, draws out, leads into - or moves into while always a step ahead. The best counter strikers are the ones who control their environment and opponent, and who can strike (make you pay) inbetween all ranges/positions. Its Conor to a tee. That is why Conor is literally MMA's Floyd in skill and IQ

Conor was just log-jamming Alvarez's ability to read distance, manipulating at will, and drawing in with constant leans, lead foot steps while back foot planted, and half speed punches

Again, Conor's performance vs Alvarez is the most impressive shut down skill based performance in MMA history. That was just some pure Matrix shit on an unheard of skill level by Conor

No one does that to Alvarez

Thanks for the summary.

For the most part very well done, got to the bit about Alvarez's good shot and had to stop/disagree as he bent over at the waist and moved forward with no real attempt to get his center of balance under Conners. By doing so his center of balance moves outside his body(forwards) and he radically losses both strength, speed and balance

A good shot drops the hips low by bending the knees and drives forward underneath and than through/past their bodies center of balance forcing them to lean forward over you center of balance. This enables you to just straighten your legs picking them up from the tipping point with a straight strong spine. That wasn't a good shot and definitely no disrespect to Eddie but it was panic wrestling/desperation.

On a side note I had to stop there due to the trolling attempt via a constant stream of cocksucking. I'm a fan as well but seriously mate have some self respect. That analysis was done for the attention for you not as a detailed analysis of the win or to show his brilliance.

Just a shame that's all I'm saying as, that's a lot of dirty water to be swallowing and a lot of attention drawn to yourself instead of what you analysed. otherwise credit to you

Except Conor did ALSO utilise distance deception to counter fuck Nate

2nrzk3m.gif

Look how Conor leans his head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target and draw out a jab

This typically draws out a jab in southpaw vs southpaw engagements or orthodox vs orthodox engagements

Conor then pulls and counters

Nate was a good boxer who was far taller with far more reach, and yet Conor was still log-jamming his ability to read distance in exchanges like that

We saw Conor still out classing Nate....and still utilising distance deception methods in some exchanges to create countering oppurtunities

Again, Conor controls, limits what opponents can throw and when, and counters, no matter who it is. Conor is the ultimate counter striking puppet master

Size or reach has nothing to do with it

Conor IS the embodiment of PURE unadulterated SKILL WITH BOBBY FISCHER FIGHT IQ

Its Jones whos nothing but size and reach

Conor out classing Nate who had 25lbs on him, 4 inches of height, and 2 inches of reach, IS the greatest P4P in MMA history

At the least you have to appeciate Conor's pure next level skill and pure next level fight IQ

Meanwhile Jones fights someone whos simply close enough in size to him in Gus (who is only a decent boxer by MMA standards) and Jones gets badly beaten to a pulp lol

To say Nate "exposed" Conor, you either didnt watch the fight, or like massapiece the troll, you are a hating newb

Look at this, just another example of many, of Conor completely counter fucking Nate's soul

NHafz2v.jpg

Inside slip+parry down to over hand counter while making both of Nate's 1-2 punches MISS

Thats just INCREDIBLE!

One inside slip to make BOTH of Nate's punches miss while countering over the top

Conor is bringing a whole other galactic level of defensive based counter punching skill to MMA

Show me another MMA fighter who hits inside slip+parry to over hand counters on far bigger taller opponents while making both 1-2 punches miss

Like I told the troll massapiece,

"The UNtrained eye cant understand the brilliance of Conor"

NO ONE is on Conor's level in MMA in boxing, skill, and fight IQ

Theres a reason why I can back everything up with examples, while troll newbs like you and massapiece CANT

Lets comtinue to keep it real, Conor completely OUT CLASSED Nate...WIPED Nate out in every exchange...THOROUGHLY OUT BOXED Nate..

Conor dismantled Nate, shut down, neutralized, and made Nate look like an amature at the one thing he's known for (boxing)

Thats what Conor does to opponents, he strips them and makes them look like normal joes

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

As for Jones,

Jones isnt even the best boxer in his own damn weight class lol

Dont ever....ever ever...ever mention Jones with his shitty mediocre striking within even the same universe as Conor

Conor is a supreme-superior-being from another universe in every way compared to Jones

alex-gustafsson-counters-jab-with-left-hook-gif.gif

Jones getting counter raped then turning his head like a DAY ONE AMATURE

More:
gustafsson-lands-a-beatiful-left-hook-on-jon-jones-gif.gif

...Now I do believe Fedor is the GOAT with Gsp, but that was because of Fedor's grappling to striking transitions, slick ground game and brutal GnP....Fedor's striking was NO WHERE NEAR Conor's....and Fedor did demonstrate poor fight IQ often

In closing, the scariest part about deluded Conor hating newbs like you and that tool bag massapiece (who calls themself that? Hes so fucking corny) Is that you newbs are arrogant in your ignorance/delusion

Deluded Conor hating newbs like you and massapiece just speak non sense, empty words with no merit or any backing what so ever

As they say...cant be said enough

He got rocked with a 1-2 , choked out and then went thru a dog fight en route to a decision that he thought he lost.

You will notice, its always the biggest newbs spewing non sense and blindly hating on Conor

Its because you dont know what the fuck you are watching, its that you cant appreciate Conor. Thats just the truth.

Theres a reason why you can never ever prove any of your "claims" about Conor "or his flaws" with any kind of examples or breadowns. You are all just EMPTY talk/blind hate

Read the OP. Look at the actual many real world examples I posted. THOSE are what you call PROVING WITH FACTS...something you dont know the meaning of

1. So whats basic about Conor utilising numerous forms of distance deception methods to create countering oppurtunities?

Exactly. Sit down. You just dont know boxing, dont know MMA, and are blinded by hate

Conor utilises ACTUAL skill and tactics to draw in

UNLIKE Anderson who relied soley on taunting because he didnt have the actual skill or boxing IQ to mislead, misdirect or draw in, like the vastly superior Conor

Anderson made a living off of countering hand picked LOW IQ brawlers in gift squash matches

When Anderson actually fought a fundamentally sound striker who didnt gift wrap him the counter on a silver platter, who jabbed and stayed disciplined, who utilised fients to disguise their timing(as well as to throw his timing off) look how ineffective Anderson would then become - he would essentially get shut down and perform like an amature

bisping-rocks-silva-rd-1-alt-view.gif

Simple feints throw Anderson off

Bisping then leads with a left hook

(Anderson was so basic he could only ever dodge/counter predictable combos. A simple left lead would throw off his pattern based head movement)

Look how Anderson throws himself so widley out of position with a PATHETIC right hook response. Feet so out of position. Terrible defense/terrible defensive responsibility. Anderson=day 1 amature

You will never see Conor throw himself that out of position and get wrecked that badly with his feet that out of position

BOOM!

Unlike you I actually continue to prove my points...you just talk anti-Conor non sense that is void of any meaning, reality, or factual backing what so ever

Conor>>>>Anderson and its not even close

Conor actually out strikes other legit strikers

2. Not even current high level boxers utilise distance deception.

Floyd and Canelo are the only ones who come to mind who have adapated it to their game and who use effectively with any kind of regularity

So Conor is utilising legit world class boxing methods regularly that not even most high level boxers know of - and or are utilising

"Bu but Basic derp"

3. Even then, going by your stupid reductionist "logic"

All Floyd did was throw right hands off of lazy jabs. Basic. Nothing impressive

*While ignoring all context of how it was Floyd who controlled, decieved, and drew out, JUST LIKE how its Conor who controls, decieves, and draws out

You just dont know jack squat about boxing

You know what, let us go back to your over-rated, hype job hero Anderson who was exposed by Weidman and Bisping

That Vitor KO? Anderson just threw a basic front kick that amature students in Karate learn

All Anderson does is punch or kick. Basic

See...

Basic or not, Conor does everything striking related at an unheard of skill level that no one in MMA has ever come close to reaching....

Conor is always switching things up, giving different looks.

Conor is superb from every range and every position

Conor will make you miss and PAY from any range and any position

Conor is the best striker/purest skilled boxer MMA has ever seen

Again, you just dont know what you are watching

4. And thats further PROVEN when you say "bu wonderboy is doing the same thing"

I like Wonderboy and think highly of him, but he isnt in the same universe as Conor

Show me Wonderboy utilising distance deception to counter

Show me Wonderboy putting a boxing clinic on a boxer the way Conor did to Nate

Show me Wonderboy manipulating opponents into position with feints or jabs like Conor

Show me Wonderboy stepping around opponents and creating angles

Wonderboy is all about kicking, controlling long range, then countering desperste rushes past the kicks

He doesnt have the boxing, set ups, and IQ of Conor...not even close

And Wonderboy typically avoids boxing exchanges in middle range because his boxing isnt that great and he has defensive flaws

Where as Conor is again flawless from every range

Conor can pick you apart from any range...make you miss and pay from any range or position

Conor simply has far superior boxing, footwork and countering

Wonderboy only has better kicks

Its disgusting how we have MMA's most skilled striker ever in Conor...yet newbs like you will discredit and downplay him, while worshiping much lesser skiller - lesser deserving fighters....

IF you claim to be a MMA fan, yet cant even appreciate its most skilled competitor/striker ever in Conor, then stop watching MMA....or at least attempt to correct the ignorance that causes you to not understand/appreciate Conor

Whats most sickening/disturbing about you Conor hating newbs is how arrogant you are in your ignorance/delusion

Conor sherdog haters have mental illness

Good analysis, but I think you're a little off when you imply Wonderboy doesn't have the same angle cutting ability as Conor does. He cut angles all day long on a very excellent mma striker in Rory like it was easy business.

Except Conor did ALSO utilise distance deception to counter fuck Nate

2nrzk3m.gif

Look how Conor leans his head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target and draw out a jab

This typically draws out a jab in southpaw vs southpaw engagements or orthodox vs orthodox engagements

Conor then pulls and counters

Nate was a good boxer who was far taller with far more reach, and yet Conor was still log-jamming his ability to read distance in exchanges like that

We saw Conor still out classing Nate....and still utilising distance deception methods in some exchanges to create countering oppurtunities

Again, Conor controls, limits what opponents can throw and when, and counters, no matter who it is. Conor is the ultimate counter striking puppet master

Size or reach has nothing to do with it

Conor IS the embodiment of PURE unadulterated SKILL WITH BOBBY FISCHER FIGHT IQ

Its Jones whos nothing but size and reach

Conor out classing Nate who had 25lbs on him, 4 inches of height, and 2 inches of reach, IS the greatest P4P in MMA history

At the least you have to appeciate Conor's pure next level skill and pure next level fight IQ

Meanwhile Jones fights someone whos simply close enough in size to him in Gus (who is only a decent boxer by MMA standards) and Jones gets badly beaten to a pulp lol

To say Nate "exposed" Conor, you either didnt watch the fight, or like massapiece the troll, you are a hating newb

Look at this, just another example of many, of Conor completely counter fucking Nate's soul

NHafz2v.jpg

Inside slip+parry down to over hand counter while making both of Nate's 1-2 punches MISS

Thats just INCREDIBLE!

One inside slip to make BOTH of Nate's punches miss while countering over the top

Conor is bringing a whole other galactic level of defensive based counter punching skill to MMA

Show me another MMA fighter who hits inside slip+parry to over hand counters on far bigger taller opponents while making both 1-2 punches miss

Like I told the troll massapiece,

NO ONE is on Conor's level in MMA in boxing, skill, and fight IQ

Theres a reason why I can back everything up with examples, while troll newbs like you and massapiece CANT

Lets comtinue to keep it real, Conor completely OUT CLASSED Nate...WIPED Nate out in every exchange...THOROUGHLY OUT BOXED Nate..

Conor dismantled Nate, shut down, neutralized, and made Nate look like an amature at the one thing he's known for (boxing)

Thats what Conor does to opponents, he strips them and makes them look like normal joes

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

As for Jones,

Jones isnt even the best boxer in his own damn weight class lol

Dont ever....ever ever...ever mention Jones with his shitty mediocre striking within even the same universe as Conor

Conor is a supreme-superior-being from another universe in every way compared to Jones

alex-gustafsson-counters-jab-with-left-hook-gif.gif

Jones getting counter raped then turning his head like a DAY ONE AMATURE

More:
gustafsson-lands-a-beatiful-left-hook-on-jon-jones-gif.gif

...Now I do believe Fedor is the GOAT with Gsp, but that was because of Fedor's grappling to striking transitions, slick ground game and brutal GnP....Fedor's striking was NO WHERE NEAR Conor's....and Fedor did demonstrate poor fight IQ often

In closing, the scariest part about deluded Conor hating newbs like you and that tool bag massapiece (who calls themself that? Hes so fucking corny) Is that you newbs are arrogant in your ignorance/delusion

Deluded Conor hating newbs like you and massapiece just speak non sense, empty words with no merit or any backing what so ever

As they say...cant be said enough

Seriously though mcgregor is a better striker than Diaz . he has all the attributes in his favor, he's faster, stronger , hits harder, has better timing , better footwork and a bigger head. he should've won that fight no problem, should've looked like eddie vs conor but he simply isn't the genius/fighting mind you make him out to be. I mean a fucking deaf, dumb, and blind midget would know enough to kick a Diaz brothers lead leg but your genius took 2 fights to figure out something that all of us mma fans knew to do from the jump based on past opponents success. he went out there with a preconceived notion that an uppercut would knock Diaz out instead of really reading and calculating his opponent and taking what openings came present themselves.

It's because he doesn't appreciate each fighters subtllties the way he does mcgregors . in all honesty styles make fights and each is unique, we can't really say one is better than another . one may work against a certain style better. I love all these fighters for the fact that they lay it on the line with the crowd scrutinizing any mistake, the dedication and sacrifice it takes to make it thru a camp and to the fight . these guys deserve props for it all so I try not to bash any of them, I look to the subtllties of who each is. nothing is new under the sun, mcgregor hasn't shown me a thing in a ring that I havent seen but he does put it all together well coupled with his physical attributes he is just too much for any fw in my eyes, and most of the lw division. any body can lose to anybody so I'm not saying a fw couldn't beat him but in a 25 minute fight I say even the great Aldo cannot stay focused long enough to avoid that left. he could attack that lead leg early and make it a fight but all that is circumstantial. again I say this guy clearly has a thing for mcgregor so bad that he can't appreciate the subtllties of another fighters game.
Good analysis, but I think you're a little off when you imply Wonderboy doesn't have the same angle cutting ability as Conor does. He cut angles all day long on a very excellent mma striker in Rory like it was easy business.

Nice analysis on Conor, I wanted to know how he always seem to get the jump on his opponents and stay 1 step ahead in exchanges.

He fought injured in the Mendes fight with a bad knee injury from training camp which was why he seemed to give up too many takedowns.

Good stuff TS...educating the drooling masses is an exercise in futility however...don't let them get you down

He's great when the opponent is shorter and has to lunge to close the gap . he looks so good against the shorter men with no discipline to feint and be patient because he always just takes the half step back and throws the left as the move forward
. against slow footed slow fisted diaz he wasn't the same killer because diaz never has to lunge to close the gap. Were seeing a physical advantage on display more so than a godly technician.

You couldn't be more wrong here.
Conor schooled Nate the second fight and again for the second time the only way Nate does anything to Conor is when Conor gets tired.
We clearly saw that in both fights.
Conor striking is way above Nates, period. He's not in the matrix, but Nate didn't land one punch because Conor's defense isn't up to par. Nate landed when Conor gassed.
Go watch again.

Good post OP, except for the fact MM and Cruz are vastly different sizes. Conor is still a better striker than MM by a country mile. Can't believe any dwarf sized fighter is put into the P4P rankings. Conor is average man sized at least.

Thank you my brother. Glad you enjoyed it.

As for Wonderboy, Wonderboy can definitely step off, at angles, from linear rushes and counter fairly well

I think highly of Wonderboy. Wonderboy is the best striker at 170

I was simply responding to that troll newb-tard

The truth is no one in MMA is on Conor's level in skill and IQ (so im not really singling out Wonderboy)

In fact I would say that if you exclude Conor, its Cruz and Wonderboy - and then everyone else

Also to clarify, In that post I am talking about stepping in to - and stepping around opponents to create new punching oppurtunities from blind spots etc

Im talking about set ups

Im talking about utilising footwork to walk opponents into shots

Etc etc etc

Legit footwork at the highest levels of boxing is all about subtlety

Look at the highest levels of boxing and watch Lomanchenko for example

Its about taking subtle steps to ensure the best positioning/maintain/negate opponents positioning etc

There are a very few rare in MMA who actually have LEGIT skill based footwork, and Conor is one of the few rare, if not the only one in MMA who has legit boxing based footwork skill

I will show you an example

DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Look how Conor takes a lateral side step to his left

It forces Nate to turn to Conor with a jab

Conor counters it from an angle

And because Conor had taken that lateral side step it lines up the right hook perfectly to follow up with

The newly created angle that Conor had stepped to, LINED UP a right hook follow up off the counter left JUST perfectly. Wow!

Thats the kind of legit skilled based boxing footwork that Conor has

Despite how great Wonderboy is, Wonderboy sadly does have FLAWS in middle range

Again, If you rush at Wonderboy he can step off and counter at an angle very well.

Wonderboy when leading does not have great footwork however

Hes no where near as educated in feet awareness, dominating feet positioning, i.e taking all the right steps, AS CONOR IS....thats the boxing background/boxing training that is making that difference for Conor

And if opponents can get past Wonderboy's kicks and maintain middle range, Wonderboy has shown very real flaws that I hope he patches up.

In fact, im confident that Wonderboy WILL - for a potential Woodley rematch. All though IF Conor wants that 170 title shot, I say give it to Conor!

To eloborate on the "flaws" I mentioned about Wonderboy, its how Jake Ellenburger dropped Wonderboy

-Jake stood on Wonderboy, planted his feet, then timed a right hand on Wonderboy mid-switching stances as Wonderboy was vulnerable and out of feet positioning

And its also how Woodley dropped Wonderboy

-When Woodley finally got past kicking range, and was firmly in middle range, Wonderboy attempted a right straight, but instead he ate a right hand response from Woodley that was more accurate.....(both literally got there at the same time but Wodley's punch landed cleaner)...and Woodley is no where near a good boxer by just even MMA standards...so it shows you how Wonderboy is a FLAWED striker - defensively and boxing wise - from middle range

Wonderboy is great at what he does...but hes just not near Conor's level in complete footwork, boxing skill, countering IQ, countering skill and fight IQ...and its a not a knock on Wonderboy, because No one else in MMA is on Conor's level either

Like I said, if you exclude Conor...its Wonderboy and Cruz in a class of their own...Conor is in a class of his own even above them...Conor is the omega of all omegas

Its all understandable though, again - Wonderboy didnt come from a legit boxing background like Conor

Also in how Conor utilises world class boxing tactics like distance deception to lure in and counter

Where as again, IF an opponent doesnt rush Wonderboy, Wonderboy really doesnt have tactics to counteract

Also in how Conor has many set ups/can walk opponents into shots via lateral footwork etc

Conor is just much more advanced then Wonderboy

Wonderboy's main thing is his karate; picking opponents apart from range with linear or un-expecting kicks, forcing desperate rushes (past kicking rage) and countering

Conor does have kicks but Conor is much more of a world class boxer with world class boxing skill and fight IQ

Again, Conor is just much more advanaced, nuanced, and layered with far superior boxing, skill, and IQ

Even when it comes to simply stepping back and countering,

As the troll newb claims:

"Bu but Wonderboy is like Conor and still does that better"

Hes objectively wrong and hating on Conor with UNsubstantiated unproven newb claims

As Conor does that far better then Wonderboy..and every one else in MMA...as Conor remains far more balanced, cordinated, and better executes superior sniper like counters with far better accuracy on the backfoot...

Never mind its Conor drawing out those rushes (to counter) with superior skill and superior intelligence...there is NO one in MMA on Conor's level

Theres a reason why Wonderboy has never really counter fucked anyone with his hands

Again, what makes Wonderboy special is his LEAD LEG KICKING GAME....and unpredictability with his kicks..

When Wonderboy veers away from that, or when he is forced into exchanging in middle range, sadly he becomes ordinary

But again, im confident Wonderboy can improve

Where as again, Conor is flawless from every position, every range, and makes you miss AND PAY from any range

I would really love for Wonderboy to work on his boxing/defense..

I only tell the truth...and thats all the reality of it.

Again, I still think highly of Wonderboy as is. Dont take it the wrong way

The truth is the truth and Im simply refuting that trolls delusional non sense

Its sickening how people like him will downplay Conor with out ever actually having a CLUE about what they are talking about...making out right false claims and lies, never even attempting to "prove any of it" etc

This thread should now be about exposing Massapiece for the blatant DELUDED Conor hating newb troll he is.

War Conor and War Wonderboy

Conor may be the best we've seen at distance control in MMA. IMO, he controls separation better than Anderson did.

Fantastic analysis TS.

Could have done without the shameless dick riding haha but I learned a thing or two. Thanks.

@SkillsPayTheBills do you do analyses often? Would love to read more if you have links.

Last edited:
Thank you my brother. Glad you enjoyed it.

As for Wonderboy, Wonderboy can definitely step off, at angles, from linear rushes and counter fairly well

I think highly of Wonderboy. Wonderboy is the best striker at 170

I was simply responding to that troll newb-tard

The truth is no one in MMA is on Conor's level in skill and IQ (so im not really singling out Wonderboy)

In fact I would say that if you exclude Conor, its Cruz and Wonderboy - and then everyone else

Also to clarify, In that post I am talking about stepping in to - and stepping around opponents to create new punching oppurtunities from blind spots etc

Im talking about set ups

Im talking about utilising footwork to walk opponents into shots

Etc etc etc

Legit footwork at the highest levels of boxing is all about subtlety

Look at the highest levels of boxing and watch Lomanchenko for example

Its about taking subtle steps to ensure the best positioning/maintain/negate opponents positioning etc

There are a very few rare in MMA who actually have LEGIT skill based footwork, and Conor is one of the few rare, if not the only one in MMA who has legit boxing based footwork skill

I will show you an example

DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Look how Conor takes a lateral side step to his left

It forces Nate to turn to Conor with a jab

Conor counters it from an angle

And because Conor had taken that lateral side step it lines up the right hook perfectly to follow up with

The newly created angle that Conor had stepped to, LINED UP a right hook follow up off the counter left JUST perfectly. Wow!

Thats the kind of legit skilled based boxing footwork that Conor has

Despite how great Wonderboy is, Wonderboy sadly does have FLAWS in middle range

Again, If you rush at Wonderboy he can step off and counter at an angle very well.

Wonderboy when leading does not have great footwork however

Hes no where near as educated in feet awareness, dominating feet positioning, i.e taking all the right steps, AS CONOR IS....thats the boxing background/boxing training that is making that difference for Conor

And if opponents can get past Wonderboy's kicks and maintain middle range, Wonderboy has shown very real flaws that I hope he patches up.

In fact, im confident that Wonderboy WILL - for a potential Woodley rematch. All though IF Conor wants that 170 title shot, I say give it to Conor!

To eloborate on the "flaws" I mentioned about Wonderboy, its how Jake Ellenburger dropped Wonderboy

-Jake stood on Wonderboy, planted his feet, then timed a right hand on Wonderboy mid-switching stances as Wonderboy was vulnerable and out of feet positioning

And its also how Woodley dropped Wonderboy

-When Woodley finally got past kicking range, and was firmly in middle range, Wonderboy attempted a right straight, but instead he ate a right hand response from Woodley that was more accurate.....(both literally got there at the same time but Wodley's punch landed cleaner)...and Woodley is no where near a good boxer by just even MMA standards...so it shows you how Wonderboy is a FLAWED striker - defensively and boxing wise - from middle range

Wonderboy is great at what he does...but hes just not near Conor's level in complete footwork, boxing skill, countering IQ, countering skill and fight IQ...and its a not a knock on Wonderboy, because No one else in MMA is on Conor's level either

Like I said, if you exclude Conor...its Wonderboy and Cruz in a class of their own...Conor is in a class of his own even above them...Conor is the omega of all omegas

Its all understandable though, again - Wonderboy didnt come from a legit boxing background like Conor

Also in how Conor utilises world class boxing tactics like distance deception to lure in and counter

Where as again, IF an opponent doesnt rush Wonderboy, Wonderboy really doesnt have tactics to counteract

Also in how Conor has many set ups/can walk opponents into shots via lateral footwork etc

Conor is just much more advanced then Wonderboy

Wonderboy's main thing is his karate; picking opponents apart from range with linear or un-expecting kicks, forcing desperate rushes (past kicking rage) and countering

Conor does have kicks but Conor is much more of a world class boxer with world class boxing skill and fight IQ

Again, Conor is just much more advanaced, nuanced, and layered with far superior boxing, skill, and IQ

Even when it comes to simply stepping back and countering,

As the troll newb claims:

"Bu but Wonderboy is like Conor and still does that better"

Hes objectively wrong and hating on Conor with UNsubstantiated unproven newb claims

As Conor does that far better then Wonderboy..and every one else in MMA...as Conor remains far more balanced, cordinated, and better executes superior sniper like counters with far better accuracy on the backfoot...

Never mind its Conor drawing out those rushes (to counter) with superior skill and superior intelligence...there is NO one in MMA on Conor's level

Theres a reason why Wonderboy has never really counter fucked anyone with his hands

Again, what makes Wonderboy special is his LEAD LEG KICKING GAME....and unpredictability with his kicks..

When Wonderboy veers away from that, or when he is forced into exchanging in middle range, sadly he becomes ordinary

But again, im confident Wonderboy can improve

Where as again, Conor is flawless from every position, every range, and makes you miss AND PAY from any range

I would really love for Wonderboy to work on his boxing/defense..

I only tell the truth...and thats all the reality of it.

Again, I still think highly of Wonderboy as is. Dont take it the wrong way

The truth is the truth and Im simply refuting that trolls delusional non sense

Its sickening how people like him will downplay Conor with out ever actually having a CLUE about what they are talking about...making out right false claims and lies, never even attempting to "prove any of it" etc

This thread should now be about exposing Massapiece for the blatant DELUDED Conor hating newb troll he is.

War Conor and War Wonderboy

Yes, I can understand your analysis. Cruz and Wonderboy are some of my favorite fighters in the UFC right now.

I'd love to see Conor fight either one of them.

Just read the whole thread and honestly it's one of the best threads I've read on sherdog. (A conor thread haha crazy!)

What an argument... highly recommend reading anything boxing related from massapiece or skillspaybills. Both you guys remind me of keyboard warrior versions of my uncles when they've had a couple of beers.

I'm adding you both to my mental list of people who actually know how to talk fighting.

P.S. I'm not on that list

TLDR

cliffs

conor had 5 inches of reach and more height.

Back