"Distance Manipulation/Deception" Understanding Conor's Brilliant Matrix Performance.FULL Analysis!

wrong-gif.gif
What is wrong? Hes doing nothing special, he's using the fencing stance , and stop hit that Bruce taught in the dao of jeet kune do over what 4 decades ago? Just because this stuff is all new to you bums you thinks he's bringing something new but I've been into boxing for over 25 years now and trust me McGregor's a mediocre boxer out there schooling novice boxers. Look at how damn successful Jon Jones has been with no jab at all. Look at how well gsp did after he developed a jab (he was already great) but I mean seriously conor is pretty damn good but he does lack quite a few fundamentals in the boxing department. He makes up for it with his physical abilities and that's why you bums haven't seen it so easily exposed. Just as ts gave us a nice breakdown on what's done right we could make some gifs pointing out his fundamental flaws. He is getting better and more efficient that's evident but unless he sures up his boxing defense before he tilts past physical prime hell start to pay, the flaws are there whether your eye sees them or not and they were exposed in the Diaz bout simply by Nate being a decent puncher with a longer reach. Nates slow handed and even slower footed and laid plenty of leather on McGregor.

Someone's been watching too much robin black.

What is wrong? Hes doing nothing special, he's using the fencing stance , and stop hit that Bruce taught in the dao of jeet kune do over what 4 decades ago? Just because this stuff is all new to you bums you thinks he's bringing something new but I've been into boxing for over 25 years now and trust me McGregor's a mediocre boxer out there schooling novice boxers. Look at how damn successful Jon Jones has been with no jab at all. Look at how well gsp did after he developed a jab (he was already great) but I mean seriously conor is pretty damn good but he does lack quite a few fundamentals in the boxing department. He makes up for it with his physical abilities and that's why you bums haven't seen it so easily exposed. Just as ts gave us a nice breakdown on what's done right we could make some gifs pointing out his fundamental flaws. He is getting better and more efficient that's evident but unless he sures up his boxing defense before he tilts past physical prime hell start to pay, the flaws are there whether your eye sees them or not and they were exposed in the Diaz bout simply by Nate being a decent puncher with a longer reach. Nates slow handed and even slower footed and laid plenty of leather on McGregor.
Paragraphs please, if it's not special why is no one else doing it...?

Take a seat, get some popcorn, and lets dive deeper into analysis! Its going to be a long one. Im covering everything as thoroughly as possible. Lets truly begin to understand the brilliance of Conor. A journey of epic proportion!

frank-sideeye-011.w529.h352.gif

Altough you exagerate on some things this is overrall a great breakdown. This is what sherdog should be like, threads like this are the real deal but unfortunately the vast majority here only cares is about what if Dee Devlin is pregnant or if Rockhold is dating Demi Lovato so what you will get is a bunch of stupid responses.
Thank you my brother

II tried so hard to condense it to as short as possible

Just had so much to cover

Im glad you enjoyed

If you are fan of pure skill and pure fight IQ, it doesnt get better then Conor

Thank you my brother

II tried so hard to condense it to as short as possible

Just had so much to cover

Im glad you enjoyed

If you are fan of pure skill and pure fight IQ, it doesnt get better then Conor

would you agree that boxing is life ?

Its coming along, watch some of the newer guys with less of a name. As I stated the majority of the mma game is following the muy Thai style, with a heavy footed stance for kicking , and they like to take turns attacking and defending . as I said though the book has been written on how to fight and the essance of the book is that there is no way to fight, you flow with the opponent as we've seen Silva, McGregor and a few other true fighters. Mma is a very young sport and things are getting interesting as McGregor brings money to the mma table the talent pool is about to catch a nice swell. Again I say the sport of mma is new but fighting is ancient , McGregor is showing you some new things that are basic to me. I was in the wrong as I assume most study fighting as I have.

His matrix game against Alvarez had nootinn on his matrix against Diaz. I mean look at the angle his body makes, Conor achieved Morpheus' levels of matrix in that fight.
GettyImages-513970776.0.jpg

Hopefully a shorter summary here

1. Conor controlled range at all times

2. Kept just enough space at all times to react to any level changes or TDs,

3. Utilised fients and flick jabs to not only move Alvarez into direction of the left, but to further control and keep Alvarez continually off set - unable to time him (while not leaving any openings for Alvarez)

4. Then of course all of Conor's distance deception methods

Conor took him out of "his gameplan" with vastly superior skill and vastly superior intelligence

Through out, as I have just demonstarted, we saw Conor backing Alvarez out of range and or moving him back into position for lefts with feints, flick jabs, push kicks (or via lateral movement)

Conor would establish pure range control, then utilise distance deception methods and baiting tactics, like forward leans, lead foot step ins while back foot planted, and 10% speed punches..it was all too entice a response and or manipulate into. Conor is simply a puppet master

Sinply put Conor always CONTROLS and makes opponents miss-judge distance, makes them miss and makes them pay

Conor limits what opponents throw, when they can throw it, draws out, leads into - or moves into while always a step ahead. The best counter strikers are the ones who control their environment and opponent, and who can strike (make you pay) inbetween all ranges/positions. Its Conor to a tee. That is why Conor is literally MMA's Floyd in skill and IQ

Conor was just log-jamming Alvarez's ability to read distance, manipulating at will, and drawing in with constant leans, lead foot steps while back foot planted, and half speed punches

Again, Conor's performance vs Alvarez is the most impressive shut down skill based performance in MMA history. That was just some pure Matrix shit on an unheard of skill level by Conor

No one does that to Alvarez

My favorite striking analyst on Sherdog. Back at it again yay.

Didn't finish it Ts, will return to it later, but the first 3 parts are excellent.

Very good read so far.

He has many fundamental flaws, you're mistaking his physical gifts for his technical prowess. He can fight there is no doubt about that . he's enjoyed a size and length advantage as well as a speed and timing advantage over nearly every opponent. He gets away with a lot of mistakes do to the fact that the shorter man must always come into his range , he fires as the opponent does, this is called a stop hit. Any shorter man will always have to eat a left coming in against McGregor or feint/slip his left and counter to get in. This is the majority of who mcgregor is . against Nate he didn't enjoy the length advantage he's used to of and he has troubles , Nate is slow handed and slow footed but he had success against the faster, more agile McGregor simply because McGregor lacks fundamental defense. Diaz never has to lunge to close the gap and it made for a long night both fights. McGregor has the potential to clean every thing up that i could critique but he hasn't had to simply because he's usually longer , bigger, and quicker than his opponent. Both Nate fights were the best things that could've happened for McGregor though and I believe he will be tough to defeat the rest of the way out but make no mistake he can be beaten, and has recently. What we saw out of Aldo and Alvarez was a complete lack of discipline. Can't take nothing away from McGregor he capitalized and made them pay for amatuer behavior. Again I tell you that what you're seeing is a physical specimen on display ala Roy Jones more so than a mayweather type. If he doesn't fix things his later career will suffer similar to Jones.

Agreed, Conor's performance against Alvarez was his most dominant yet,...completely shut down Alvarez, whose boxing moves are better than maybe 90% of other MMA fighters. And McGregor didn't have a visible scratch on him.

After losing more than $300 dollars in bets against Conor McGregor, I dunno if I can risk any more.

Also didn't say what that has doing doesn't work damn fool, I said it was some basic shit that a lot of boxing heads been knowing and that with McGregor's success we will be seeing more of it. That is the fencing/stop hit that any Bruce Lee follower would pick up on immediately. I'm not saying mcgregor is a bad fighter in anyway. I enjoyed him from the moment I saw dude whooping ass.

Also didn't say what that is doing doesn't work damn fool, I said it was some basic shit that a lot of boxing heads been knowing and that with McGregor's success we will be seeing more of it. It works very well against all shorter men that cannot feint, feint,feint, and bait a counter from mcgregor. Ts is making what mcgregor is doingnout to be more than it is . hes simply taking half steps back while shooting a left at the same time. That is the fencing/stop hit that any Bruce Lee follower would pick up on immediately. I'm not saying mcgregor is a bad fighter in anyway. I enjoyed him from the moment I saw dude whooping ass in cahw warriors

TS should change his name to ShillPaysTheBills.

Back