Disgruntled ex kills 8 at football party

Harder than America obviously, but it's a single weekend TAFE course to get a licence and the gun stores will handle the paperwork hassles for you.
You can certainly get a lever action, pump action or spring assisted straight pull, detachable magazine fed, shotgun or centrefire rifle with the capacity for an easy massacre of unarmed civilians.
Our gun culture is strictly sporting though, and despite globalisation I'd say our overall culture still hasn't reached the sheer level of narcissism of the United States (yet).
It's also a lot harder to get the particular sort of firearms which feature in the revenge fantasies of spree shooting losers.

Ive looked at it few times and its certainly possible but it wasn't worth the time for what would be the very occasional use.

Because the type of weapon is completely relevant and most likely the cause of his rage.

I saw a report saying it was an automatic, which is unusual.

HIMBOB said:
I saw a report saying it was an automatic, which is unusual.

What would be unusual would be a "report" that knew what "automatic" really means.

Did this motherfucker roll in there with a machinegun?

If B acts in such a way that it creates in A a level of psychic pain sufficient to cause A to commit suicide, A choosing to kill B prior to taking his/her own life is entirely "proportional".

That doesn't make it mentally sound or morally right, but it certainly makes it a reasonable and understandable retaliatory response.

Kinda like 911 was for American actions in the middle east?

Ive looked at it few times and its certainly possible but it wasn't worth the time for what would be the very occasional use.

I got mine years ago, and it's certainly discouraged by the ever changing firearms branch policies, but it's really not especially difficult.
Much easier than owning and operating a vehicle, operating a ham radio licence or being scuba certified.

Truly one of the stupidest, most pitiful reaches I have yet seen in the WR. lol

How so?
"If B acts in such a way that it creates in A a level of psychic pain sufficient to cause A to commit suicide, A choosing to kill B prior to taking his/her own life is entirely "proportional"."

Aggrieved party, check.
Willing to commit suicide, check.
Wanting to take down innocents, check.

What's the difference besides scale?

How so?
"If B acts in such a way that it creates in A a level of psychic pain sufficient to cause A to commit suicide, A choosing to kill B prior to taking his/her own life is entirely "proportional"."

Aggrieved party, check.
Willing to commit suicide, check.
Wanting to take down innocents, check.

What's the difference besides scale?

So you're comparing cheating on a spouse to waging war. And killing a cheating spouse to killing people chosen at random.

As I stated, stupidest WR reach ever. Maybe borderline nuts.

I got mine years ago, and it's certainly discouraged by the ever changing firearms branch policies, but it's really not especially difficult.
Much easier than owning and operating a vehicle, operating a ham radio licence or being scuba certified.

Several mates have licenses, one even up to storing hand guns at home (like a part time job keeping that valid).

So you're comparing cheating on a spouse to waging war. And killing a cheating spouse to killing people chosen at random.

As I stated, stupidest WR reach ever. Maybe borderline nuts.

Im comparing a guy with a grievance killing 8 people one of whom cheated on him with a group of guys with a grievance killing thousands who thet felt cheated them.

The point is the reason for their actions explains but does not condone or justify.

Several mates have licenses, one even up to storing hand guns at home (like a part time job keeping that valid).

Yeah, handgun and class D licences are another story.
Unless you shoot professionally or compete 6 times a year per class/discipline, there's no real way to maintain them.
Don't really need semi-autos or handguns to massacre a football party though. You could even satisfy your fetish for weapons which resemble military/pop culture firearms with a class B rifle (except for in NSW and WA).

Most people won't end up going over the edge like this fortunately. People that have sometimes look back and can't believe where they ended up. Not being able to sleep or eat for days or concentrate and then loosing a job. It's one thing if it's just a girlfriend but if they figured out how to take the kids also it goes to a whole nother level. Still no excuse but it's a slippery slope. Chemical imbalances start running rampant.
Had a friend that went through something like this and he almost went over the edge. He said if he didn't have a group of friends to talk him through it he would have ended himself , the others or both.
It's like the dogs of war, people come back and never underestimate what they or others can do.

Guy had a good job at Texas Instruments when she was only a waitress. He bought themselves a house and supported her for years. She cheated on him before he even lost his job and cheated on him with several dudes.

Leave it up to you to take the murderer's side

Im comparing a guy with a grievance killing 8 people one of whom cheated on him with a group of guys with a grievance killing thousands who thet felt cheated them.

I wasn't even talking about the story in the OP in the post you first responded to. I was addressing a statement made by a different user.

I say "our gender" because I believe in gender. So it isn't compelling to paint me as some snowflake with that comment. I'm an unflinching pragmatist when it comes to statistics. Each gender has distinctively positive and negative tendencies. I perceive this to express a dimension of human nature.
I didn't paint you as some snowflake, I just said the gender is way less important than the white trash part.

Look, I think we've all had that friend that wanted to go out and get loaded one night, then wanted to take a ride out to the power lines, then wanted to go for a walk in the woods, then stopped, fell to his knees, pointed to the spot in front of him and started crying because that was where he buried the girl he killed 15 years before.

It's sort of just part of being a dude.

<36>

What would be unusual would be a "report" that knew what "automatic" really means.

The media both US and world love to magically forget to put the word 'semi' in their reports for some reason, hell I'd be fine if they thru in 'auto-loading' which is more of an apt description, but they love their sensationalism.

Since 1934 there have been two instances of legal machine guns used in crimes, both involving cops and cheating wives, one was just reckless discharge (unloaded 20 rounds into his car when 'wife' was leaving and taking his car) the other allegedly shot wife and boyfriend in his bed. Every other illegal use of a machine gun, were illegally made or obtained guns (Norinco imports were supposedly cut off because China was sending full auto AK rifles to California)
most notably the 1997 hollywood shootout.

Are machine guns easy to find? Not really. Are they out there? Yup. Just like any other illegal substance or device people who really want one can get them

Dunno, I think "snapping more often" would have to have a lot more cases. There are multiple cases of women cutting off a guy's dick, and like OJ and this one where the dude flew off the deep end. There aren't any cases of dude's keying some girl's car. For example, I recently broke off an engagement, but I have nothing but nice things to say about her and I don't think you'd get the same from her.

You think women cut men's dicks off more frequently than men key women's cars?
<23>

Most people won't end up going over the edge like this fortunately. People that have sometimes look back and can't believe where they ended up. Not being able to sleep or eat for days or concentrate and then loosing a job. It's one thing if it's just a girlfriend but if they figured out how to take the kids also it goes to a whole nother level. Still no excuse but it's a slippery slope. Chemical imbalances start running rampant.
Had a friend that went through something like this and he almost went over the edge. He said if he didn't have a group of friends to talk him through it he would have ended himself , the others or both.
It's like the dogs of war, people come back and never underestimate what they or others can do.

This morning i was thinking about the phrase "let slip the dogs of war".

The let slip seems relevant as it suggests a non deliberate action resulting in dire consequences.

You think women cut men's dicks off more frequently than men key women's cars?
<23>
Yes, I do. The hell kind of dude keys a woman's car? I've never even heard of that happening. It's either a murder or nothing at all. Some domestic abuse happens too, but it's never the passive aggressive shit of keying a car or any shit where you need the person to not be around for it. Even the domestic abuse is pretty scant. I don't know a single woman who's been hit by her boyfriend or husband, and I don't know a single guy a woman has not thrown punches at.

Hopefully the reason I asked has helped quell the outrage.

Still want to know however.

Back