Did DC take it easy on Anderson at 200 or just play it safe?

Did DC take it easy on Anderson at UFC 200?

• Total voters
Both? Playing it safe was taking it easy. Not being wild, not allowing anything to happen on the mat, taking an easy win by taking no risks.

Did you guys see stipe get flattened in the first? Thats what dc coulda done to anderson,but out of pity he stayed his hand,like bilbo did to gollum.

People who think he wasn't taking easy on him , mostly for being grateful for saving his payday are delusional..
I've been saying it since the fight took place, he had side control on Anderson at numerous times and was just stalling doing nothing..

Anderson on the other side tried a few malicious strikes, kicks & knees mostly, that would have served his legacy well... but other than that it was a glorified sparring session..

Fought smart... but dominated him.

TS, neither, and both. Maybe, a little of both. Why would he risk , if he had it all under control. Plus, weight mismatch was obvious and AS took the fight like a boss. DC can easily show is resume he beat AS, period. Regardless of short notice, age and so.

People who think he wasn't taking easy on him , mostly for being grateful for saving his payday are delusional..
I've been saying it since the fight took place, he had side control on Anderson at numerous times and was just stalling doing nothing..

Anderson on the other side tried a few malicious strikes, kicks & knees mostly, that would have served his legacy well... but other than that it was a glorified sparring session..

This...I half expected DC to turn it up after seeing Anderson be so weak against him...He never did. He didn't put much snap into anything he threw. He could have GnP'd much more and harder than he did.

It looked almost like a gentlemens' agreement in there.

As long as DC knew he would win the gold medal, he didn't mind letting Anderson win the Silva

Anderson was basically fighting a heavyweight, and the heavyweight did absolutely nothing than lay his fat ass on him the whole fight.

I am a HUGE Anderson fan and I called it on fight night that this was not DC trying to smash. It was DC trying to win. Anderson had just saved a HUGE payday for Cormier, in an unwinnable fight. Anderson mostly did it to get Cormier that $ and put a little in his own pocket. This was never about who could beat who. Nobody in their right mind had questions about that.

It would have been a real asshole move of Daniel to have an aged legend step up to save his payday and then Daniel breaks his skull and throws him out of the cage. That would have been a real asshole move. So he did the best thing possible. Try to win without hurting the guy and without taking damage. And he succeeded. It was a farce.

And I like both fighters a lot, Anderson being my fave of all time. But yes, Andy is absolutely a delusional man. It's part of what made him so great but not surprising that he thought it was a real fight.

Yeah. These idiots that think DC wasn't just playing around in there are just that, idiots. DC tossed Barnett and Mir around, but couldn't do anything against Silva. Fuck off.

I'm not even sure Dozer believes the bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

that performance was dc's way of 'saying thankyou for keeping me on this card, in return ill go 15% and i wont beat the shit out of you.'

that performance was dc's way of 'saying thankyou for keeping me on this card, in return ill go 15% and i wont beat the shit out of you.'
"And because you´re JBJ´s best buddy, I know for sure that you helped him during his camp..Im gonna forget that and have mercy.
Btw, I know it´s UFC200, but I prefer to have mercy than build my PPV brand among fans & casuals"

If DC was going easy he would've been confident enough to stand and bang with AS. Instead he choose to wrestlefk Silva because he was getting wrekt on the feet. Bones spoke about this also and said Silva gave him some pointers

Back