Did DC take it easy on Anderson at 200 or just play it safe?

Did DC take it easy on Anderson at UFC 200?

• Total voters
I saw someone comment this and have always sort of wondered myself.
I think it’s clear as day he took it easy. You could tell watching the fight. Respect to him for it tbh. It wouldn’t have looked good had he ragdolled silva which he could easily have done.

DC has had harder times making his bed than beating Anderson that night. Geez.

Plus he made a million dollars for that fight IIRC?

Sweet.

I think he clearly did. Whether it was because Silva did him a solid for stepping up or because he looked up to and respected him I don't know. DC clearly took it easy that fight.

I think it’s clear as day he took it easy. You could tell watching the fight. Respect to him for it tbh. It wouldn’t have looked good had he ragdolled silva which he could easily have done.
Well yeah,if he crushed the old fossil into teh living death,UFC might have gotten taken off tv as they swept Anderson's remains into a dustbin,later to be tested on by USADA.

That begs a question of betting. If a fighter intentionally doesn't finish a fight they are intentionally controlling the betting outcome. If he tells anyone that before hand and they bet is that legal?
Saying you're going to knockout your opponent in the first, and then actually doing it, would be intentionally controlling the outcome too in the eyes of the law.

It's illegal to bet on yourself, either via your own bankroll or to have others bet on you and then give you the earnings. That's about it. You can talk about the method of victory or how long the fight will last as much you want. There's nothing illegal about it. If it was every fighter that ever said "this is going to be a 5 round war" in a UFC promo would be thrown in jail.

No.

anderson-silva-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-200-1.jpg

anderson-silva-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-200-3.jpg

People just don't recognize, or are refusing to acknowledge, what Anderson was doing to prevent DC from being able to land his customary shots. Anderson successfully controlled DC's lower body with a tight half guard, and his upper body with his arms. DC didn't have the positioning to do more than he was.

Anderson was the first guy DC fought on the ground with a guard and it showed.

DC said himself he fought safe and smart because Anderson was not only dangerous but a last minute switch, no way in hell would DC tries to carry any fighter.

I saw someone comment this and have always sort of wondered myself.

Lmao, at all the dorks thinking DC was taking it easy. If anyone was taking it easy it was the fat dude getting off the couch.

What else was DC going to do besides take Anderson down and hold him there? He does nothing else better than Anderson.

I think DC wanted to respect Silva's legacy at a big event like ufc 200. Silva was under 200 with clothes

DC said himself he fought safe and smart because Anderson was not only dangerous but a last minute switch, no way in hell would DC tries to carry any fighter.
<DCWhoa>
"Stick with me Anderson and youll get to the final bell and we'll both have a drink - HOKAY ANDERSON SILVA,DID YOU JUST KICK ME WITH A BODY KICK? YOU THINK IM GONNA STAND HERE,AND LET YOU KO ME WITH A BODY KICK?!?"
<36><36><36>

That fight was a bad match up. We all knew what was going to happen.

And it happened. It was not a good fight.

No.....thats crazy. In fact Anderson was actually finding some success in kicking him to body.Now, Daniel may have given him too much respect and that's definitely a possibility

Anderson is a dangerous as fuck counter-striker who has absolutely ass fucked opponents throughout his career. He's also shown great tenacity and pulled off wins taking a beating for a round or two...or five.

DC fought a cautious smart fight.

Well yeah,if he crushed the old fossil into teh living death,UFC might have gotten taken off tv as they swept Anderson's remains into a dustbin,later to be tested on by USADA.
<36>

DC flat out said he went easy on Silva and wasn’t trying to hurt him on the ground and was doing just enough not to get stood up. Judging by the fact that he sat in guard and half guard without throwing anything crippling like he usually does, I believe it.

He was clearly thankful Silva took the fight off a surgery on two days notice and respected him.

Back