Did DC take it easy on Anderson at 200 or just play it safe?

Did DC take it easy on Anderson at UFC 200?

• Total voters
If DC was going easy he would've been confident enough to stand and bang with AS. Instead he choose to wrestlefk Silva because he was getting wrekt on the feet. Bones spoke about this also and said Silva gave him some pointers
Indeed

D0F2BA7F-B859-4EEA-B1D3-FA2A5804A8CE.png

A3F29AB8-8375-44DF-B09A-7173532474AE.jpeg

He was doing both in my opinion.
Lol @ people thinking that a fighter goes easy on another fighter in a pro mma fight
You don't think Aldo took it easy on Faber after he had his leg hurt so bad he could barely stand. Fighters are human of course some will not want to hurt another guy who is not a threat.

Lol at 45% of Sherfegs thinking DC was scared of Silva's subs XDDD
DC mauled LHW Volkan in seconds on the ground lmao, but he kept old MW post-roid Silva around for the whole fight. Stfu. He showed mercy to that old cheater, which is more than he deserves.

I was expecting to gorilla slam Silva but DC just took him down gently like he was tucking his children goodnight.

Need I remind you that Anderson had a surgery (abdomen) a few days prior to this SIDESHOW? He was going out of his way to get the paycheck, and Dana gave a green light(!), and DC pretended fighting, and almost 50% of you (judging by the poll) still pretend you were watching a fight. It's embarrassing.
More like 7 weeks.

DC sparred with him and was being a nice guy. If he fought Andy like he did Volkan, Stipe or even Jones, he would have been rekt instantly.

Also, let us not forget what he just went thru one day earlier and being so mentally jacked by Jones. He just wanted to get paid, keep his belt, get the win, not scar Andy anymore than Chris did and live another day.

I doubt it. If he respected Anderson that much he would've been too worried about the chance of being KO'd to not try to finish.

He almost did get finished. VERY impressive from Silva IMO. Almost finishing DC (especially on 2 days notice) is one of his greatest accolades as I see it. Better than beating Okami etc.

I don't know how anyone can watch DC maul the living hell out of Josh Barnett, Volkan, Rumble and still think he wasnt going easy on Anderson silva. He probably could've suplexed the spider out of the cage that night.

So DC in the biggest PPV of his life at UFC 200 decides to go easy and risk losing? LMAO you guys are delusional.

You people make me sick <{clintugh}>

Last edited:
Lol at 45% of Sherfegs thinking DC was scared of Silva's subs XDDD
DC mauled LHW Volkan in seconds on the ground lmao, but he kept old MW post-roid Silva around for the whole fight. Stfu. He showed mercy to that old cheater, which is more than he deserves.

Lol at pretending Volkan has anywhere near the ground game Anderson does.

Anderson was the first fighter DC ever fought with a guard and it showed.

Lol at pretending Volkan has anywhere near the ground game Anderson does.

Anderson was the first fighter DC ever fought with a guard and it showed.

Its not like Silva has a vicious ground game. Who did he sub? Sonnen? Hendo after rocking him?

People need to watch this fight again

DC doesn't take it easy on him, but Anderson is why nothing much happens

When DC gets him down Anderson locks down his legs to prevent him from passing, defends the ground and pound well, and is more or less content to just lose rounds on bottom while taking no damage, and DC is content to let him, because he's winning

Basically Anderson took the fight on no notice, knew no one expected him to win and so came in with the goal of not getting hurt, while DC just wanted to win and didn't really care about how he did it

The narrative that DC was stalling or taking it easy is false. He was trying to win, but not worried about a stoppage, while Anderson was just trying to collect a payday without getting hurt too bad

And fair enough on both their parts. They both took a dangerous fight on no notice to save a card I'm not gonna shit on them for their strategies in that type of situation

I have no problem with Anderson wanting to avoid getting killed in that situation and I have no problem with DC just wanting an easy win, so he could keep fresh and look forward to guys like Rumble and Jones

Not nearly enough people realize this. Multiple factors contributed to the fight playing out the way it did, and context is important. It was a dangerous fight for both guys, but DC had way more to lose. Andy's good off his back and DC was content to stay safe and take the win.

Correct Answer is:

c) both a and b

DC is whatever Dana tells him to be. If he's supposed to play it up to salvage UFC 200 after both Conor and Jones dump on him, he'll do it. If he's supposed rake someone's eyes out to set up a fight with Lesner due to bad PPV with no Conor, Jones or Ronda, he'll do it.

Horrible fight to make on short notice. Anderson KO's him easily with a couple days drilling TD defense.

DC said himself he fought safe and smart because Anderson was not only dangerous but a last minute switch, no way in hell would DC tries to carry any fighter.

DC flat out said he went easy on Silva and wasn’t trying to hurt him on the ground and was doing just enough not to get stood up. Judging by the fact that he sat in guard and half guard without throwing anything crippling like he usually does, I believe it.

He was clearly thankful Silva took the fight off a surgery on two days notice and respected him.
LOL who is telling the truth?

DC said what?

Back